Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WingSoft Seat Upgrade and Interview w/John Conely

I had my 2018 seat rebuilt by John at Bike Solutions and man, WHAT A DIFFERENCE! It is like an entirely different riding experience.

https://youtu.be/iFJEzXmnVMA

Click image for larger version

Name:	WingSoft Seat.jpg
Views:	1081
Size:	288.0 KB
ID:	99873
    GOLDWING AND F6B MAINTENANCE VIDEOS
    Save $1000 a year in labor by doing your own maintenance!

Website | YouTube | 2001-2017 Videos | 2018+ Videos

Chris,
    Good review. Do you know how far out he is booking? Glad you like the seat.
    Mike,
    Be safe out there.

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

Originally posted by Check6 View Post
      Chris,
      Good review. Do you know how far out he is booking? Glad you like the seat.
      Mike,
      Be safe out there.
      I don't. Just email him and he will tell you. [email protected]

Originally posted by Cruiseman View Post

I don't. Just email him and he will tell you. [email protected]
        I will try again. I emailed him about a month ago but never heard back.
        Thanks

I sent my GoldWing park bench to John on Monday and received a beautifully padded and comfortable seat back on the following Monday. The smartest thing Honda could do is contract John to make every Goldwing seat the way it should have been in the first place. Thanks to John for doing quality work at a reasonable price.

Another Nail in Honda's coffin for me.

I installed a 07 Heated OEM seat on my 04 back in 09. I still like how it feels on a 14+ hour day..

Maker of the Rocky Tree & Comfort Risers.
            1986 GL1200 SEi (Restored)
            2004 GL1800

Honda offers a OEM seat uprgade for 1000$ Has anyone had experience with this ?

Originally posted by Chuck Genaro View Post
                Honda offers a OEM seat uprgade for 1000$ Has anyone had experience with this ?
                John says it has the exactly same amount of padding. No more comfortable, just better looking.

The upgraded Honda seat is a joke! All that’s done is the back (driver-rest) portion is padded higher. That is it . . .

• Cruiseman
                    Cruiseman commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yep, I am afraid that is all you get for $900.

After a couple of months on this seat i can now feel what you are all talking about the stiffness in this seat. Saving up the funds to ship mine in the upgrade.
                  2018 DCT non tour, Pearl Stallion Brown, Double Darksider #856, Live To Ride, Love my Wing, IBA Member# 63744 Yellowbird Alias Coppertone

I had John from WingSoft upgrade my seat at WingDing last year and when he finished it was almost as bad as Honda's version. I took it back to him the next day and he basically said, that is how it is and would not attempt to adjust it any further. Not everything is all peachy with John or the WingSoft upgrades. I just wanted to make sure the forum had an opposing view and didn't think everything with WingSoft was fantastic.

Originally posted by TMC View Post
                      I had John from WingSoft upgrade my seat at WingDing last year and when he finished it was almost as bad as Honda's version. I took it back to him the next day and he basically said, that is how it is and would not attempt to adjust it any further. Not everything is all peachy with John or the WingSoft upgrades. I just wanted to make sure the forum had an opposing view and didn't think everything with WingSoft was fantastic.
                      I suspected the fix wouldnt suit everyone. although its only 600, that 6 could go towards a different one though.

The GW old GWers wish Honda would make.

Did he refund your money?

I appreciate reading good and negative reports from vendors.

After all "That is how we all learn" from others experiences.

OTOH. There isn't a aftermarket seat out there for "Everyone"

Been working on bikes now for 20 plus years, and I have had seen the Pros & Cons of every seat made out there.

To be fair. No one can build a seat for everyone.

Try and get Russel day long & Corbin to made repeated adjustments?? (For example)

Every company has a set limit, as to how many adjustments are made before you are told.
                          "That is how it is".

************************************************** *******
                          Maker of the Rocky Tree & Comfort Risers.
                          1986 GL1200 SEi (Restored)
                          2004 GL1800

• TMC
                            TMC commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I understand not wanting to do repeated adjustments but not giving it a second look is not very professional.

• Rocky
                            Rocky commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Seeing I wasn't privy to the actual conversation demeanor?

I'd get a refund one way or the other.

No one screws the Rock.

Originally posted by Gold Winger View Post

Did he refund your money?
                          No, didn't offer a refund or to take another try at the seat.

Wingsoft should be shamed right out of business!

• Drgsin
                              Drgsin commented
                              Editing a comment
                              why? #1 we dont know the other side of the conversation, and #2 he has pleased a lot of people with his modifications. hes obviously providing a service people need and like. if what he said is true, the market will correct it

In regards to the Wingsoft seat, can anyone offer opinions on the passenger portion of this seat upgrade? My wife is 5'10" the back seat is cramped an uncomfortable.

Originally posted by Chad2023 View Post
                              In regards to the Wingsoft seat, can anyone offer opinions on the passenger portion of this seat upgrade? My wife is 5'10" the back seat is cramped an uncomfortable.
                              My girlfriend traveled with me to Wing Ding this year and never complained once about the seat, which is a Wing Soft upgrade. And, trust me, she would not be shy about complaining! That said, she is about 5' 8" and 115 lbs.

I have my seat in with John as I type. I hope he is surviving the flooding going on in his area. I found the OEM seat wasn't too bad (I've been on much worse) but it just needed a little attention. Bump the driver seat out a bit and straighten the backrest portion. My better half is perfectly happy with her passenger area.

can't wait to get it back so I can get some miles on it.

Every butt is different-what works for some won't for others....I had the Wing Soft...going try something different....had Mustang on my 2012 GL1832 and loved it....to bad they don't have ability to use the OEM heat....the rear seat/backrest looks like a baby highchair....corbin has OEM heat is high on my list or Ultimate if they get the ability to use OEM heat....the Wander continues for something that makes my ride more enjoyable seat wise.

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page