• RIVCO Trailer Hitch installation video

https://youtu.be/FP4SwJvm6kw

Click image for larger version

Name:	Hitch Install.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	267.9 KB
ID:	98199
    GOLDWING AND F6B MAINTENANCE VIDEOS
    Save $1000 a year in labor by doing your own maintenance!

Website | YouTube | 2001-2017 Videos | 2018+ Videos

Good show! Now that ought to allow more cargo carrying capability. You will have to provide a video showing "towing tips" with an actual trailer.

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

Next related video will be to show wiring up their harness to the Bushtec pigtail. Then, a MotoVlog pulling the trailer. Towing tips is a great idea.

Installing a RIVCO trailer hitch is QUITE INVOLVED

• Rocky
          Rocky commented
          Editing a comment
          But you only have to do that job once right?

Originally posted by vneal View Post
        Installing a RIVCO trailer hitch is QUITE INVOLVED
        Honestly, other than having to grind off the nuts on the tipover bars (which really is not that big of a deal), it was easier to install than the Bushtec hitch on my 2012. Having to remove the mufflers is a bit of a pain, but still, I prefer the install to the 2012.
        Last edited by Cruiseman; 06-18-2018, 09:59 AM.

Come on I installed a Bushtec hitch on my 05 and 10. It took me a 1/2 hour. That looks like a 2 hour job.

Huge shout out to Cruiseman for the video! I installed the Rivco tonight. If you look on top of the trunk in one of the pics you'll see my iPad with his video playing. I kept on hitting play/pause as I went through the install. Everything went flawless. It took about 3 hours and I couldn't be happier with the way it turned out. Cruiseman, you also helped me with a question I had on your YouTube Channel related to pulling different types of trailers. Thank you!!

• Cruiseman
              Cruiseman commented
              Editing a comment
              Glad it went smoothly!

Saw your video on setting-up the trailer and it is good - has a lot of great advice for anyone who tows or is considering a trailler for a motorcycle.

I noticed what I thought you had installed were the skirts for the rear fender. If so, how do they perform? Do they keep the road dust from collecting on the back (as I believe it is prone to doing more-so on this model)?

I have a question for all you techies. I installed the Rivco trailer hitch and the Rivco isolator for the wiring. I bought the Showcrome isolator and would like an opinion on tapping into the output for the trailer wiring from the Rivco unit instead of tapping into the bikes wiring, I hate tapping into the wires on the bike.

Originally posted by jpwpar View Post
                I have a question for all you techies. I installed the Rivco trailer hitch and the Rivco isolator for the wiring. I bought the Showcrome isolator and would like an opinion on tapping into the output for the trailer wiring from the Rivco unit instead of tapping into the bikes wiring, I hate tapping into the wires on the bike.
                Better to use the RIVCO isolator than tapping into the wires, if you have that option. I have done it both ways, and never had a problem with the ShowChrome isolator, but I always prefer NOT to intrude into the wiring if possible.

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page