Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HondaNutRider View Post
    I guess I need to jump in again and explain that a main reason I do not like "pulsing" headlights.
    They get me so mad that I feel I need to run over the bike in front of me if I know they are using them annoying modulators.
    I joined this board and the other one just to show people how ignorant I am about why people use them.
    This Crotchety old fart hates anything that may help save other motorcyclists lives.

Does anyone know a good Proctologist that can help me get my head out of my ass?
    I get migraines when I fart.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ebf9da4e-331b-493c-b11c-25040b883645_zpskns2h3ru.png
Views:	93
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	98775

Maker of the 01-17 GL1800
    "Rocky Tree & Comfort Risers".
    Current bikes.
    1981 CB900C 10 speed (Restored)
    1986 GL1200 SEi
    2004 GL1800

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

Originally posted by Redwing2012 View Post
      P115W-H3-GL8

I ordered mine from http://ridesafer.com/index.php/bulb-...5w-h3-gl8.html which is actually Kisan.
      Thanks..
      PGR RIDE CAPTAIN.. UTAH

Need some help with the parthBlazer Head Light Modulor for meh 2019 Goldwing Tour DCT. I have had real good luck with all my electrical accessories working when installed. This device has me a bit frustrated/stumped.

I installed the module and the light sensor as instructed after that I followed the instructions and at 8 am in the morning had the bike outside with sensor exposed at the front brake reservoir. I placed the headlight switch on high beams and quickly turned the ignition switch on and off as quickly as I could and nothing, no four flash confirmation. Tried it many times again, quickly rotating the ignition one off, three time as instructed. Sill nothing. Checked all connections and all are tightly seated.

Started the biker put on high beams and no modulation.

Any Suggestions would be appreciated. Of course it is Saturday and the company is closed as is Wingstuff.

Thanks in advance for your help or thoughts.

Need some help with the parthBlazer Head Light Modulor for meh 2019 Goldwing Tour DCT. I have had real good luck with all my electrical accessories working when installed. This device has me a bit frustrated/stumped.

I installed the module and the light sensor as instructed after that I followed the instructions and at 8 am in the morning had the bike outside with sensor exposed at the front brake reservoir. I placed the headlight switch on high beams and quickly turned the ignition switch on and off as quickly as I could and nothing, no four flash confirmation. Tried it many times again, quickly rotating the ignition one off, three time as instructed. Sill nothing. Checked all connections and all are tightly seated.

Started the biker put on high beams and no modulation.

Any Suggestions would be appreciated. Of course it is Saturday and the company is closed as is Wingstuff.

Thanks in advance for your help or thoughts.

Reply: You don't turn the ignition on and off quickly, you turn the high beams on and off quickly. This is only for setting the sensitivity. The instructions tell you to:

Turn the ignition ON, then flick the Hi-beam ON (3) times quickly. You have to begin this routine in the first 2 seconds after the ignition is turned on.

I just plugged mine in and left it set where it was without doing anything.

Make sure you are in enough light to activate the modulation

Thank you for your information. Here is what happened:

Well I did as you suggested and I may have a conflict between the cambus interfaces between the pathBlazer and my Socalmotorgear fog lights.

When I flicked the high/low switch three times my fog lights (which have a strobing function - turned on) and started strobing instead of the headlights.

I will test this by pulling the seat and disconnecting the fog light Socal harness connections, and then activate the pathBlazer to see if the it will initialize. If it does then I will contact Kisan and Socalmotorgear about the conflict and any suggested solution or to see if I missed something.

I know Cruiseman and others have installed these fog lights and should know about this if it is in fact the case.

Regarding your suggestion, the book I have addresses the Sensitivity Programming on the last page. The only reference I see in the book regarding the 3 flicks of he high/low is page 24 "if your bike allows the hi-beam only with the engine running you may have to start the bike in low-beam and then flick to hi-beam (3) times quickly". The Goldwing does allow high beam without the engine running.

Nothing elsewhere on the new Goldwing install instructions on pages 10 and 11 with nothing about 3 flickers other than Sensitivity Programming on page 24. As you mention if one did not want to adjust the Sensitivity Programming then the default would have been chosen by the programming and the headlights should have modulated immediately.

So, three flicks gets me strobing fog light and nothing on the headlights. My fog lamp switch also strobes the foglight when ignition is turned on and the switch is pushed three times rather than the required 5 times.

Working the problem.

• Rocky
                Rocky commented
                Editing a comment
                Strobe FOG lights will get you a Citation-Because they are illegal in every state.

Modulators are 50 state legal. (just saying).

PGR RIDE CAPTAIN.. UTAH

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page