Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mileage update

When I first took delivery of my new tour DCT and rode it home to Oregon from Russellville I expressed some concern about the mileage I was getting. So let me say that now after almost 5000 miles I no longer think mileage will be an issue​​​​​​. When I first got the bike I kept the lower left gage reading my front tire pressure because I was getting low tire warnings. But, apparently that was just a matter of letting everything settle in, because the tire pressure warnings went away. So now I keep the lower left gage on “Range” and my mileage worries have gone away. When I fill the tank the range readout is usually about 260 miles and most of the time when I get down to a single bar on the fuel gage the range will still be close to 100 miles. My problem before was without seeing the range readout when I’d get down to the single bar I thought I was close to my last gallon of fuel, which meant I only had 40 or 50 miles left in the tank. But, obviously that’s not the case. The last bar has to be flashing before I’m down to the last gallon and the last few times when I’ve checked the mpg I’m always in the 45 to 46 mpg range. Now I know mileage is determined by how we ride, but those 45 to 46 averages I’m getting now come from a wide range of operations, so I’m convinced the range of the 2018 with a gallon less fuel is still very comparable to my previous Goldwings with a gallon more.

Good news thanks for sharing,,,,,mine get better than my 2012 GW1832 no doubt about it.....depends on the twist of the wrist and how fast I want to make it to my destination.

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

After 2200 miles 43.5 average

I got 35 on my 2010 GL1800

• BucBuc
        BucBuc commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m getting the same in Tour or Economy mode.

On most rides after 4,000 miles I'm getting close to 50 mpg on tour mode.

After 7,200 miles, my average is 43.7. I'm happy with that.

Originally posted by Retired Guy View Post
          When I first took delivery of my new tour DCT and rode it home to Oregon from Russellville I expressed some concern about the mileage I was getting. So let me say that now after almost 5000 miles I no longer think mileage will be an issue​​​​​​. When I first got the bike I kept the lower left gage reading my front tire pressure because I was getting low tire warnings. But, apparently that was just a matter of letting everything settle in, because the tire pressure warnings went away. So now I keep the lower left gage on “Range” and my mileage worries have gone away. When I fill the tank the range readout is usually about 260 miles and most of the time when I get down to a single bar on the fuel gage the range will still be close to 100 miles. My problem before was without seeing the range readout when I’d get down to the single bar I thought I was close to my last gallon of fuel, which meant I only had 40 or 50 miles left in the tank. But, obviously that’s not the case. The last bar has to be flashing before I’m down to the last gallon and the last few times when I’ve checked the mpg I’m always in the 45 to 46 mpg range. Now I know mileage is determined by how we ride, but those 45 to 46 averages I’m getting now come from a wide range of operations, so I’m convinced the range of the 2018 with a gallon less fuel is still very comparable to my previous Goldwings with a gallon more.
          I agree that mileage is no problem with the new bike. I also learned what you did & watch the dte gauge now as the fuel bars had me worried as you said. The other thing I've noticed is that if I want great mileage I use non ethanol fuel because it ups the numbers by at least 10%. In my case using the good fuel costs too much more to justify using it so I just just the sh*ty fuel & get about 45 mpg.
          2018 Tour DCT Red

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page