Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sena 20S vs Sena 20 EVO

Getting ready to put comms in our helmets. New wing will be here next week. Any experience with the two Sena units? The EVO is cheaper on sale so was going in that direction if there are no big reasons not to. Is there a big difference between the two units. Online reviews are starting to focus on the Sena 30k but it is just me and my pillion. I don't think we would see much benefit from the "mesh" technology. Maybe I am wrong. I don't want to spend money if I don't need to.
    Thanks, Mike

Fred H on another forum had continual problems with the 30's....I recently purchased the evo set......works fine.....sound quality is not as good as my past J & M corded set....

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

Just ordered a set of the 20 EVO for installation in my HJC IS- Max helmets. From what I read should be ok with my new 2018 goldwing tour. Time will tell of course

The 20S is the defacto standard- many users, works well. The 30k seems a step backwards- people havi g trouble connecting to 20S's, mesh only works with other 30k's, supposedly less riders with 20S's or other models can be linked (I heard 4 on the 30K- mu 20S will connect 8, which we've done successfully. 30K more $, too

Have you checked out the J&M BT-03 headsets?

https://www.jmcorp.com/SeeProducts.asp?PF=63
          GOLDWING AND F6B MAINTENANCE VIDEOS
          Save $1000 a year in labor by doing your own maintenance!

Website | YouTube | 2001-2017 Videos | 2018+ Videos

Thanks for the replies. I went with the 20s EVO. I pick up the wing tomorrow and the headsets should be here later this week. As dep47 says, time will tell. I am sure it will be fine once i get it all sorted out.
            I looked at the J&M Cruiseman. What tipped me to the Sena is that I also fly paramotors and some of my flying friends use Sena. The headset can pull double duty.
            Again, thanks for the help.
            And be safe out there!
            Check6

My concern with Sena is that they are NOT waterproof. I just learned this recently.
              GOLDWING AND F6B MAINTENANCE VIDEOS
              Save $1000 a year in labor by doing your own maintenance!

Website | YouTube | 2001-2017 Videos | 2018+ Videos

I read the same thing. I guess the EVO somewhat addresses this in that the charge port is on the bottom, and better sealed where water intrusion is much less likely. Still not "waterproof". I think we may still be riding without comms in the rain. I am following some of the new hydrophobic spray coatings that waterproof almost anything.
                Mike

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page