Intercom compatibility and set up for 2018 Goldwing Tour

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intercom compatibility and set up for 2018 Goldwing Tour

Has any body had any positive experience with intercoms other than the Sena recommended by Honda. I have a couple existing aftermarket intercoms that are not Sena and I am struggling to make them work properly.

Got my first Bluetooth communicator system a few weeks before I got the 2018, in anticipation of the new bike. I really haven't had a chance to fully try it out. It's a Cardo Freecom4 system that was no problem to pair with and it seems to work fine for communicating with the Wing's audio and the cellphone connected through the Wing. Although I was able to make a call with it on the cell phone, the mic volume was pretty low - so I'm going to try boosting the VOX on the Cardo and see that the mic is positioned correctly. The audio system (radio and USB) seemed to play though the headphones clearly, and the GPS (when it was working) gave instructions fine.

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

Myself, I am having issues connecting my J&M BT-03 headset to the bike! I have spent 1 1/2 hrs trying to get any sound through my headset!
      I have iPhone music through the bike speakers but not able to switch it over to my J&M BT-03 headset.
      Can I just put the bike in accessory mode to practice connecting? Or does it need to be running?
      Do I connect my J&M headset via Bluetooth to the iPhone or to the Goldwing? They both show up on my iPhone screen.
      So far, I have not seen the Apple CarPlay icons on my screen? Yes, I have it set to the Apple CarPlay. I know I am getting closer . . .

I have a two new SENA SRL and neither will connector with 2018 DCT Tour, Galaxy S9+ connects to SRL, Bike connects to Galaxy S9+? Use the Sena device manager and could not find the connected SRL. Calling SENA tomorrow and hopefully everything will work!

Originally posted by MachGun View Post
          I have a two new SENA SRL and neither will connector with 2018 DCT Tour, Galaxy S9+ connects to SRL, Bike connects to Galaxy S9+? Use the Sena device manager and could not find the connected SRL. Calling SENA tomorrow and hopefully everything will work!
          Both of the SENA SRLs are connected to the bike. The problem was operator error! My problem was I wasn't holding a button long enough to get into the configuration menu so the lights would show red and blue blinking"Searching for signal".

OK, everyone! So, with the help of the linked video below (with Colin Miller) showing how to connect with your BT headset . . . I had success! Woohoo! I was able to connect both my OF & FF helmets with J&M BT-03 headsets in under 30 seconds! Follow the EXACT steps as the tape rolls and you should be golden! Once connected to CarPlay, you can ask Siri the weather, call a number, send a text, use Apple maps . . . anything you can do on your iPhone you can do here! Bloody brilliant mother Honda!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3FJzg5eMfJM

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page