Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mileage and range update

I just crossed the 3000 mile mark today on my new tour DCT and at my last fill up of the day I had gone 176 miles on that tank of fuel and the bike took 4.08 gallons. That’s just over 43 mpg, so assuming that I still had a gallon and a half of fuel left, I could have ridden another 64 miles to empty for a total range of 240 miles. That’s starting to be respectable.

I forgot to mention most of the riding was in the 65 to 70 mph range.

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

I'm averaging 47-49 mpg. Mixed riding.
      PGR RIDE CAPTAIN.. UTAH

What mode are you riding in? Mine is almost exclusively “tour”.

I think gas mileage is like tire mileage. It can vary quite a bit from rider to rider.

Rider weight, throttle response, wind, outside temp, terrain, city or highway cruising, top speed . . . there are just too many variables to compare. If I get 40+ mpg I am more than happy!

I'm averaging about 37, but then I am having a lot more fun than most of you!!!

Ha Ha No fair..
                PGR RIDE CAPTAIN.. UTAH

Just went over 5,000 miles and have not cleared the "B" setting yet. Average is 42.0. I'm completely satisfied, as the first 1600 miles coming back from Russellville was against 30 miles per hour headwind. The overall range is every bit as far as my 2002 GW if not better.

I guess only time will tell if the range of the new one is as good as any of my last 3 Goldwings. Right now I’m doubtful, but hopefully that’ll prove true. I’ve only got 3200 miles on the new one and most of that was on high speed interstates. Once I get a more normal variety of driving speeds I’m hoping I’ll see some of the 46-47 mpg that some are claiming. So far, my best is 43 mpg

Shucks-43mpg aint bad JMHO.

The highest I've had is 52mpg! On an entire tank.

Originally posted by Thom View Post
                          The highest I've had is 52mpg! On an entire tank.
                          At what speed? Summer blend fuel? Location? Mode?
                          Dennis

Originally posted by gug1953 View Post

At what speed? Summer blend fuel? Location? Mode?
                            He’s riding it like a grandpa . . .

Well, the other day I filled the tank for the second time after less than 500 KM on the new Wing. I only got about 320 KM before the low fuel indicator came on. My previous 2003 Wing would easily do 350Km before this happened, but I know the new Wing is going to improve as it breaks in. According to the computer on the bike, this tank got 5.6 L / 100 KM. I always convert to mpg using the BIGGER gallon that we use rather than the US version. That reading works out to 50 mpg! Interestingly, the previous Wing was always getting about 50 mpg - and I had a 1978 Civic 5-speed (great little car) at one time when it was new that also got 50 mpg - and I own a 1974 CB350-4 (great little collector bike) that also gets ... 50 mpg. Go figure! All Honda vehicles must get about the same mileage!

Here are the last few days mileage. Start 5/25 dash and calculated. Then here is my ride this mornings dash pic. This bike likes warmer weather. Also speeds between 45-55 mph are serving best gas mileage. The 1st ride getting 55 mpg was between 45-60 or so. Both rides were long stretches and minimal stops with 6th gear being reached about 40 mph in Tour mode. So almost perfect conditions including light wind and windshield at its lowest setting. Again I am getting this kind of mileage under the most optimum conditions.

This is rather amazing to me with this big of bike, cc's & hp. Have fun and be safe. ATGATT
                                ​​
                                Attached Files
                                Dennis

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page