Headlight opening setting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headlight opening setting

Just brought my new Blue Tour DCT home today. Going through the vehicle setup menu there is a setting for Headlight Opening. The manual says that by deselecting it the headlight won't come on when you turn the ignition switch on, but whether I have the box checked or unchecked the headlights always come on when turning the ignition switch on. What idiotic thing am I doing wrong. :-/

Did a Google search and found this: It basically turns on the headlight just a split second more gradually when enabled, not going instantly to full bright, but it is VERY hard to even distinguish the difference, as it take place of a few milliseconds. Don't waste your time with it, it's useless. I have no idea why they added it.

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

• HondaNutRider
      HondaNutRider commented
      Editing a comment
      Agree with what you say - not a useful option as it needs to slow down the turning-on.

Originally posted by Redwing2012 View Post
    Did a Google search and found this: It basically turns on the headlight just a split second more gradually when enabled, not going instantly to full bright, but it is VERY hard to even distinguish the difference, as it take place of a few milliseconds. Don't waste your time with it, it's useless. I have no idea why they added it.
    Thanks! I was under the impression from the manual that it disabled the head light until you started the bike. Oh well, thanks again!

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page