X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• INTHEWIND
    replied
    You weren't trying to add oil on right side were you?

Leave a comment:

• Doc832
    replied
    Well I rode my bike only a few miles from the dealer and the Oil light was flickering. When I got it home I checked the oil and the stick was dry even after riding. I put in a full quart of oil which took about 20 min to get in do to the very poor design of the filler area. I went on a 60+ mile ride the other day and the oil showed low again. Again I checked it according to the manual and it wasn't on the stick. Added 1/2 quart and it registered. No oil leaks found. just bad QC and design.

Leave a comment:

• GWRider
    replied
    Originally posted by Abitaman View Post
    Had dealer drain about half quart of oil from my 2 week old dct tour. Operations manager said they have been adding oil to all new wings. I suggested retraining staff.
    Time for us to learn how to tear apart and service our own bikes instead of trusting the monkeys at the dealerships.

Leave a comment:

• INTHEWIND
    replied
    Originally posted by Abitaman View Post
    Had dealer drain about half quart of oil from my 2 week old dct tour. Operations manager said they have been adding oil to all new wings. I suggested retraining staff.
    DUMB ASSES.

Leave a comment:

• Abitaman
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Check6
    replied
    I had a long chat with the service manager when I picked up my wing. He takes the time to demonstrate how to check the fluids. That way the customer knows how to do it. And they both verify that the levels are correct on pick up. Simple and effective. I like this guy!
    Ride Safe!
    Mike

Leave a comment:

• Drgsin
    replied
    Originally posted by Brew1 View Post
    Uh I don't think that's your dipstick. IT's on the right side sort of facing up not horizontal..
    hahahahaha

Leave a comment:

• INTHEWIND
    replied

Leave a comment:

• thebroz
    replied
    Originally posted by Brew1 View Post
    Uh I don't think that's your dipstick. IT's on the right side sort of facing up not horizontal..
    You are correct. I've been reading the f-ing manual, and it didn't say anything about the oil filler cap and the dipstick being on opposite sides of the motor... except on page 18...

My head is hanging in shame...

Leave a comment:

• Brew1
    replied

Leave a comment:

• thebroz
    replied
    What dipstick?
    I expected to find a dipstick attached to the oil filler cap. No such dipstick.

I've been riding this new 2018 Gold Wing Tour for about a week, with almost 400 miles on the clock. I expected the dealer to go thru a checklist, making sure everything was correct. If the dipstick fell into the motor, that's a bad thing. The dealer should have caught this (and several other) things.

Leave a comment:

• DL3825
    replied

Just wait till you find out that no one is certified to work on the 2018 Goldwing engines / trans. I live in Southern, California, I've been to 4 dealers, other than what they learn on the internet courses that's it. If they say they are certified to work on the engines have them prove it........Like I did, at 4 and counting.

Leave a comment:

• INTHEWIND
    replied
    Originally posted by vneal View Post
    What about Russia?
    YES..

Leave a comment:

• vneal
    replied
    What about Russia?

Leave a comment:

• Wingman225
    replied
    I too had a low reading on the stick at 800 miles and added approximately 1/4 quart. I found a discussion on another site that recommended warming the engine ON THE CENTER STAND before turning it off. After doing this, the level was overfilled. After draining the 1/4 quart back out, the level was ok. I changed the oil and filter at 2500 miles and refilled with 3.9 quarts (6-speed Tour) as per the owners manual. Again after warming the engine “on the center stand”, the level was on the full mark. I then ran the engine off the center stand, turned it off, and placed the bike on the side stand. After five minutes I placed it on the center stand and the oil level was off the stick. So it appears the oil doesn’t completely drain to the crankcase while on the side stand.

Leave a comment:

• Check6
    replied
    I should be happy. My dealer, Hodag Honda in Rhinelander, WI, Walked me through the oil check process when I took delivery. The warm up, how to check the stick etc. We confirmed the level and reinforced the method. Which is very similar to my Yamaha Roadliner.
    Ride safe!

Leave a comment:

• CJK
    replied
    I just checked my 2018 DCT engine oil.
    First i checked without running the engine and the level was right on the lower mark.
    I let the bike run for a few minutes and checked again immediately after turning off the engine, the oil level was the same, on the lower mark.
    Now waited a few minutes before checking. the level was half way in between both marks.
    The wing is on the center stand.

Sounds good to me.

Leave a comment:

• Markcuda
    commented on 's reply
    LOLOLOLOLOL
    Every thing on the internet is true.

• INTHEWIND
    replied
    Originally posted by JHawk8 View Post
    According to my mechanic this morning, once the engine is warm, if you check too soon, the reading is low. After 3-5 minutes and it’s accurate. The more time after 5 min, the reading will be higher. And yes, dont screw the dip stick in before reading. Note to self: buy stopwatch. 🧐
    Just the opposite.The Longer it sets the lower the reading on the dipstick.

Leave a comment:

• Trailboss
    commented on 's reply
    Many thanks
Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page