My New Wing Was A Quart Low On Oil In 435 Miles

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I rode my bike only a few miles from the dealer and the Oil light was flickering. When I got it home I checked the oil and the stick was dry even after riding. I put in a full quart of oil which took about 20 min to get in do to the very poor design of the filler area. I went on a 60+ mile ride the other day and the oil showed low again. Again I checked it according to the manual and it wasn't on the stick. Added 1/2 quart and it registered. No oil leaks found. just bad QC and design.

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

You weren't trying to add oil on right side were you?
      PGR RIDE CAPTAIN.. UTAH

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Related Topics

Collapse

• Wingnut09
        Burning Oil
        by Wingnut09
        Three weeks ago I changed my oil & filter before going on a 2400 mile trip through the New England states. I added 1 gal of oil and checked it a few times before leaving. When I returned I started...
        09-26-2015, 04:47 PM
      • srt8-in-largo
        Oil Reports
        by srt8-in-largo
        A few months ago I had a mishap that required transmission repair. As you know, to do this requires the engine to be dropped and opened to get to the tranny. My dealer (Tampabay Powersports) took care...
        07-07-2015, 09:52 PM
      • gug1953
        Changed my oil @ 3868 miles.
        by gug1953
        I have a Tour with a manual transmission. I took my time and was very methodical including letting the oil drain for over an hour. I did rely on the parts person to give me 5 quarts of oil, should have...
        05-12-2018, 06:37 AM
      • trip
        Another Oil thread...
        by trip
        I realize that this is just another oil thread... ad nauseam.... and I also realize we all have our particular brand of oil that fits our needs. I'm good with that.

But, I wanted to communicate...
        04-21-2018, 02:40 PM
      • Rick S
        Oil level
        by Rick S
        First I don't want to start a debate on how the best way to check the oil level as they seem to get carried away. But I hope the engineer who designed the sump, as Johnny Carson would say, may have the...
        05-11-2015, 07:01 PM
      Working...
      X