Is there a way to adjust the latches on the saddlebags?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a way to adjust the latches on the saddlebags?

My one issue with my white Tour is the right side saddle bag door. I have to press the release button twice and then pull the door open. The only time it opens properly is when I have the saddle bag filled to the point of stuffed. The dealer said there was no way to adjust it. I have talked to Honda and they were going to call the dealership to discuss.

I used a light silicone spray on all my latches to get them to open and close more smoothly. Worth a try, if you haven’t already.

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

Originally posted by wing9956 View Post
      My one issue with my white Tour is the right side saddle bag door. I have to press the release button twice and then pull the door open. The only time it opens properly is when I have the saddle bag filled to the point of stuffed. The dealer said there was no way to adjust it. I have talked to Honda and they were going to call the dealership to discuss.
      My left door was like that when I first bought it. It was cold outside and it works fine now its warmed up a little bit and has been exercised a bit more. It also works better to push and hold the opener button a little bit longer that you would think was necessary.
      PGR RIDE CAPTAIN.. UTAH

Here is what I did. I took about 2 feet of aquarium clear hose and lightly coated it with WD 40. Then I opened the bag, at the bottom of the bag on the rubber seal is the split. I strung the aquarium hose inside the rubber seal as far as it would go. This adds a little pressure on the saddlebag to open. Then for a final touch I put a dab of vaseline on each of the two latches that go into the locking mechanisms. Then stand back, when you push the button to open, it will work perfectly ... Good luck!

Have not had an issue with saddlebags, but my trunk is nearly impossible to close.
          GOLDWING AND F6B MAINTENANCE VIDEOS
          Save $1000 a year in labor by doing your own maintenance!

Website | YouTube | DVDs at WingStuff | DVDs at SoCalMotoGear | DVDs at Cyclemax | Videos On Demand

Cruiseman, you did a video on adjusting an older model trunk, if there a way to adjust this one? Or the side bags?

Originally posted by JHawk8 View Post
              Cruiseman, you did a video on adjusting an older model trunk, if there a way to adjust this one? Or the side bags?
              Have not tried yet. It is on my list!
              GOLDWING AND F6B MAINTENANCE VIDEOS
              Save $1000 a year in labor by doing your own maintenance!

Website | YouTube | DVDs at WingStuff | DVDs at SoCalMotoGear | DVDs at Cyclemax | Videos On Demand

Originally posted by Cruiseman View Post
                Have not had an issue with saddlebags, but my trunk is nearly impossible to close.
                I can close mine, but it like slamming a 70s GM product door.

Working...
                X