Voice directions stop during navigation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voice directions stop during navigation

For some reason the voice directions on my GPS are stopping enroute and I don’t know how to get it back on? When I enter a new destination the voice prompts start right up, but then during the ride they stop and I can’t figure out how to get them back on. Any ideas.

Troubleshooting
    T
    PROBLEM I do not hear the voice guidance
    EXPLANATION
    I did not hear the voice guidance when I expected to hear it.
    If the
    Navi Volume
    is turned fully off, or “Mute” is selected, you
    will not hear the voice guidance. Also, since the voice guidance can
    be routed through the speakers or the headphones, check that you
    are listening to the sound source you selected.

Doug in Decatur, IL K9CRT
    2018 Ardent Red 6spd Manual

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

The thing is, I hear the voice prompts when I first start out, but as I proceed along the route, the voice prompts stop?

Get a Garmin, ...I hope Honda has a software push for the crappy Nav system.
        PGR RIDE CAPTAIN.. UTAH

Can we all just agree that the navigation system is useless? Biggest disappointment of the new Goldwing.
          GOLDWING AND F6B MAINTENANCE VIDEOS
          Save $1000 a year in labor by doing your own maintenance!

Website | YouTube | DVDs at WingStuff | DVDs at SoCalMotoGear | DVDs at Cyclemax | Videos On Demand

Actually I’m okay with a simple system because I never load preprogrammed routes or anything like that. Usually I just enter my destination address and off I go. But it’s nice to have voice prompts when I get into an unfamiliar area.

Originally posted by Cruiseman View Post
              Can we all just agree that the navigation system is useless? Biggest disappointment of the new Goldwing.
              I beg to differ. I can use the navigation system even for complex multi-day trips. Of course, additional steps are necessary setting up routes, but I am more than compensated by the brilliant display and quick recalculation. Much better than disturbing the clean look with a Zümo and being annoyed with its poorer display and visual warnings.

You’re doing better than I then. My last go at a relatively complicated route (a destination with just added four waypoints) was a total failure. It routed me to the first destination, stated I arrived at my destination 2 miles before the first waypoint. It’s a great bike, but has no gps.

• Cruiseman
                  Cruiseman commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Agreed. Honda failed to deliver on this one.

I also have a wish list for the navigation system:
                • Waypoints in routes or as favorites keep the given name upon import
                • More waypoints per route
                • Import of multiple routes and favorites from one gpx file
                • Direct activation or deactivation of voice guidance, no interference with other audio sources when deactivated
                • More routes and favorites storable
                • Deletion of multiple routes or favorites
                • Digital GPS-speed indicator
                • Search for fuel stations along the active route
                Nethertheless it is usable for me and better than the old system given the larger and better screen, faster calculation, fewer crashes, and the possibility to delete waypoints in an active route while riding.

Originally posted by Klonko View Post
                  I also have a wish list for the navigation system:
                  • Waypoints in routes or as favorites keep the given name upon import
                  • More waypoints per route
                  • Import of multiple routes and favorites from one gpx file
                  • Direct activation or deactivation of voice guidance, no interference with other audio sources when deactivated
                  • More routes and favorites storable
                  • Deletion of multiple routes or favorites
                  • Digital GPS-speed indicator
                  • Search for fuel stations along the active route
                  Nethertheless it is usable for me and better than the old system given the larger and better screen, faster calculation, fewer crashes, and the possibility to delete waypoints in an active route while riding.
                  In other words, you want a Garmin, like I had on my 2012 Goldwing.

Website | YouTube | DVDs at WingStuff | DVDs at SoCalMotoGear | DVDs at Cyclemax | Videos On Demand

My Goldwing 2013/14 Garmin was
                    • sometimes crashing while riding, especially comforting on a busy toll highway prior to a turnstile with the next turn around possibility after 20 miles
                    • freezing when a route had too many directions, although the route could be imported without warning
                    • once guiding me, while riding on a toll highway with the next waypoint 15 miles away on the same highway, off the highway through the toll and then asking me to make an U-turn and go on the same highway again
                    • etc.
                    I give the new system the benefit of doubt that it will work properly once the route guidance has started.

I’m not debating the pros and cons of the new GPS units versus Garmin, I’m just trying to understand why I’m losing voice prompts en route. Am I doing something wrong or is it a problem with my GPS.

Originally posted by Retired Guy View Post
                        I’m not debating the pros and cons of the new GPS units versus Garmin, I’m just trying to understand why I’m losing voice prompts en route. Am I doing something wrong or is it a problem with my GPS.
                        I am guessing GPS.
                        PGR RIDE CAPTAIN.. UTAH

Originally posted by Retired Guy View Post
                          Am I doing something wrong or is it a problem with my GPS.
                          Sounds like a (navigation) system problem. Do you only loose the voice guidance or all audio sources? I assume you have not accidentally pressed the Source button too long for switching between audio sources and thereby muted the volume for all audio sources.

I just lose voice guidance but my iPod and radio still work. However I may have discovered another clue today. I put in an address and the voice prompts started up as usual but this time I didn’t touch any of the audio controls (volume, channel selection, etc) during the ride and the voice guidance stayed on the whole time. So, I’m not sure what that’s telling me, but at least I got the voice prompts to stay on. Anybody have any thoughts?

I have the same problem loosing voice guidance, some time into a ride. I would be very interested in figuring out why it is happening and a fix/workaround. Any HELPFUL info would be appreciated.

I have documented several owners who say that if the bike is stopped, then restarted during a route, the voice navigation is cancelled after the restart, like if you stop for gas.

My GPS does not get far enough into a route to stop before the voice directions stop.

Originally posted by Cruiseman View Post
                                    I have documented several owners who say that if the bike is stopped, then restarted during a route, the voice navigation is cancelled after the restart, like if you stop for gas.
                                    You have to re-boot your iPhone too, that is unplug it and plug it back in for Apple Car Play to get going again!

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page