• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HomeLink Install Video

OK, here it is for those of you brave enough to attempt:

https://youtu.be/vYAaqX3KZd0
    GOLDWING AND F6B MAINTENANCE VIDEOS
    Save $1000 a year in labor by doing your own maintenance!

Website | YouTube | DVDs at WingStuff | DVDs at SoCalMotoGear | DVDs at Cyclemax | Videos On Demand

Thanks, the homelink install is probably the most labour intensive to remove/install parts.
    I do not plan to install the home link option, but other accessories which require removal/install of same parts. This video is great help for a friend who will do the installations for me in 1 go once my DCT/Airbag version arrivés this week.
    Thanks Cruiseman to take the time to produce these video's to support installation by fellow 2018 GL riders.
    Harry, winger since 1979
    2018 GL1800 Tour Airbag/DCT Candy Ardent Red/Black
    2018 CRF1000 Africa Twin DCT Tricolor
    1976 2x GL1000 LTD Maroon (1x EU, 1x US specification)

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

At 7:14 into the video what is that orange looking pry bar you are using and where can I find one?

Originally posted by Redwing2012 View Post
        At 7:14 into the video what is that orange looking pry bar you are using and where can I find one?
        Google trim panel tools and you should find what your looking for

No way I’ll add homelink. I Velcro’d my opener in the tank shelter compartment. That was an absurd amount of work to put that in. Wow. Great vid though.

Originally posted by Redwing2012 View Post
            I meant to mention that in the video. You can get these on Amazon for under $12.

Website | YouTube | DVDs at WingStuff | DVDs at SoCalMotoGear | DVDs at Cyclemax | Videos On Demand

Originally posted by JHawk8 View Post
              No way I’ll add homelink. I Velcro’d my opener in the tank shelter compartment. That was an absurd amount of work to put that in. Wow. Great vid though.
              I agree! Why were these not installed at the factory? I mean who doesn’t have a single, double or triple garage these days?? Geesh!!

Honda could have easily designed this to install under the right side cover, making removing all of the trunk panels unnecessary.

SUPER job on the video. The 2 buttons should have been factory installed instead of blanks and yes the box should have been put somewhere under the seat. Just think.....only the seat would have had to be removed.

I don't think I'm "brave enough" and I don't think I'll trust a dealer to install it either. I would have been willing to pay an extra $100 - $200 for Honda to have included with the original model. As it is, I guess Ill just carry a remote opener. By comparison, my 2003 Wing was a lot easy to permanently install a non-Honda remote and wire it up to the CB Talk Button - as I had done.

BTW are those "blank" switches easy to modify so that they would act as remote openers, seeing as the wiring is already there and another, non-Honda opener could maybe be employed?

Originally posted by HondaNutRider View Post

BTW are those "blank" switches easy to modify so that they would act as remote openers, seeing as the wiring is already there and another, non-Honda opener could maybe be employed?
                      Probably would be pretty tough to modify the blanks or the underlying switches. However, it may be something a 3rd party could design and offer in the future.

...or maybe Honda can supply the blank switches.

Working...
                        X