The new Shoei Neotec 2 is at the dealers now. has anyone seen one with the SRL Sena installed:

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The new Shoei Neotec 2 is at the dealers now. has anyone seen one with the SRL Sena installed:

Has anyone been able to see one with the new SRL BT Sena unit installed? Better yet, have they been able to try it with the new wing? I put my hands on the helmet today at a Cycle Gear store near me and I really like the look and feel of the helmet. I didn't try it on as I'm experiencing an episode of shingles on my head and face of all things.

That's painful. I haven't shopped for a helmet in awhile, this helmet you're talking about has the Sena built into it?
    STURGIS 1993,

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

• biglefti
      biglefti commented
      Editing a comment
      yes, well not built into it, but it has compartments already molded to accept the sena without a big lump hanging off the side.

Happy Saturday,
    I bought the Bilt Techno 2 modular helmet with Sena built in at Cycle Gear. Quite the bargain at $220.00. Since you can adjust the sound settings that also affect the blue tooth helmet sound I think the music quality is quite good and gets plenty loud.
    My 2 cents..

Originally posted by biglefti View Post
      Has anyone been able to see one with the new SRL BT Sena unit installed? Better yet, have they been able to try it with the new wing? I put my hands on the helmet today at a Cycle Gear store near me and I really like the look and feel of the helmet. I didn't try it on as I'm experiencing an episode of shingles on my head and face of all things.
      Can't help you on the helmet but good luck with the shingles. No fun and can be very painful especially if close to your eyes.
      When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.
      Jimi Hendrix
      Vietnam Veteran, Patriot Guard Rider

I just bought the helmet. It's a great fit and the features are definitely an improvement over the original Neotec. I've ordered the Sena SRL and will post a reply when I try it out with my new Blue Tour DCT that I take delivery of Tues!!

• biglefti
          biglefti commented
          Editing a comment
          anxiously awaiting your comments!

Originally posted by WingConVette View Post
        I just bought the helmet. It's a great fit and the features are definitely an improvement over the original Neotec. I've ordered the Sena SRL and will post a reply when I try it out with my new Blue Tour DCT that I take delivery of Tues!!
        WingConVette-I'm guessing you ordered the Blue Neotec2? I did just hope it comes close to matching the Hawkseye Blue. Back order til Mid May for the SRL I have been told.

Originally posted by Kenichi View Post

WingConVette-I'm guessing you ordered the Blue Neotec2? I did just hope it comes close to matching the Hawkseye Blue. Back order til Mid May for the SRL I have been told.
          Well, that would have been the smart thing to do, but I paid extra for the Black/Neon one for visibility.

The reporter testing 2018 GoldWing DCT/Airbag from Australia in these reviews is using the Neotec II with SRL on his 3 article test as solo rider and is very happy with helmet and communicaiton set, but has not used in combination with passenger or other drivers.

http://www.mcnews.com.au/around-the-...nda-gold-wing/

Based on this and other users positive reports, I have the Shoei Neotec II with SRL on order since last week to replace my Schuberth C3Pro with Bleubike bleutooth. Altough already available in Europe for a couple of months, due to high demand for certain colors/sizes and SRL headset in short supply.
            Harry, winger since 1979
            2018 GL1800 Tour Airbag/DCT Candy Ardent Red/Black
            2018 CRF1000 Africa Twin DCT Tricolor
            1976 2x GL1000 LTD Maroon (1x EU, 1x US specification)

Originally posted by Dutchwingnut View Post
              The reporter testing 2018 GoldWing DCT/Airbag from Australia in these reviews is using the Neotec II with SRL on his 3 article test as solo rider and is very happy with helmet and communicaiton set, but has not used in combination with passenger or other drivers.

http://www.mcnews.com.au/around-the-...nda-gold-wing/

Based on this and other users positive reports, I have the Shoei Neotec II with SRL on order since last week to replace my Schuberth C3Pro with Bleubike bleutooth. Altough already available in Europe for a couple of months, due to high demand for certain colors/sizes and SRL headset in short supply.
              Dutchwingnut-thanks for sharing-enjoyed the article input. Ride safe!

I have Shoei NeoTech2 with Sena SRL installed. Love it! Using on 2018 DCT Tour.

Love the Neotec2, few learning curves with the install of Sena but now I would not want to ride without it!

I'm using a Neotech II w/built in Sena SLR. Solid products.
                    kiptap - Paul
                    Bolingbrook, IL (Greater Chicago Area)
                    1979 Kawasaki Z 200
                    1981 Kawasaki GPZ 550
                    1996 Honda GL 1500SE
                    2018 Honda GL 1800DJ

My wife and I both have one, with the SRL ….. awesome.

Click image for larger version

Name:	helmets.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	261.9 KB
ID:	114477

So I too have two Neotec II helmets with the SRL in both. Used them this weekend for the first time and great set up but has anyone figured out how to not have the music cut out when you are talking back and forth? Frustrating to say the least when you are listening to music or Podcast.

• biglefti
                          biglefti commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I'm pretty sure mine automatically does.

• biglefti
                          biglefti commented
                          Editing a comment
                          BTW, the one issue I had with mine was resolved by a call to SENA and they walked me through to a resolution.
                      Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page