Using a Androd phone with the new 18

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using a Androd phone with the new 18

I have ran into an issue with the phone.

Equipment is a Sena 10 in the helmet headset blue tooth and a Samsung Androd phone.

Problem is when the phone is paired with the GL1800 you can use it to listen to music in the headset but can't use the telephone. When a call comes in it will appear on the dash but they can't hear you and you can't hear them. My phone needs to be paired to the Sena to work as a phone. But then when it is paired this way you have no blue tooth audio for music back into the headset from the GL. Strange when I make a call paired to the bike I hear it ring to the person I am calling but after they answer no audio from them or from me to them.

Anyone else having these issues with an Androd phone. It appears to be a GL1800 issue to me but maybe not.
    Doug in Decatur, IL K9CRT
    2018 Ardent Red 6spd Manual

All of my Bluetooth headsets paired to android phone give the option to pair just phone or just audio or both.

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

Originally posted by Littljoe View Post
      All of my Bluetooth headsets paired to android phone give the option to pair just phone or just audio or both.
      yep mine seems to pair to both but no audio through the GL1800 as far as the phone goes. It shows a call coming in on the dash of the bike but when answered that way no audio either way. Dunno really how to post this so it makes sense to most.

I am using the Sena 20S and I can receive a call, but call quality is REALLY bad. Huge delay. I have not tried playing music from my phone because I don't use my phone for that. It's a PHONE.
        GOLDWING AND F6B MAINTENANCE VIDEOS
        Save $1000 a year in labor by doing your own maintenance!

Website | YouTube | 2001-2017 Videos | 2018+ Videos

I had the same issue at first. Make sure your phone setting is on private mode in the bike setup screen. Otherwise your phone call is trying to coming through your bike speakers. Let me know if this helps.

Originally posted by jrussels View Post
            I had the same issue at first. Make sure your phone setting is on private mode in the bike setup screen. Otherwise your phone call is trying to coming through your bike speakers. Let me know if this helps.
            I will try this however it is my understanding the private mode turned on is to prevent your passenger from hearing the phone conversation. Thanks for the reply when weather permits I will work on this more

Originally posted by Cruiseman View Post
              I am using the Sena 20S and I can receive a call, but call quality is REALLY bad. Huge delay. I have not tried playing music from my phone because I don't use my phone for that. It's a PHONE.
              Me either as far as music I have a ton of music on usb sticks. However from time to time when I was using my phone with only the Sena on my F6B I would get the phone playing music accidentally

How can I secure two Shoei Neotec II Modular Helmets to A 2018 GoldWing DCT Tour?

This is how I secure 2 helmets on my bike. I made it from plastic covered cable and looped both ends. Through the helmet D rings and into the helmet lock.

Originally posted by JHawk8 View Post
                    This is how I secure 2 helmets on my bike. I made it from plastic covered cable and looped both ends. Through the helmet D rings and into the helmet lock.
                    I am going to try that. Nice

Run the cable through the sleeves on your jackets and secure them also.
                      DS#1146 IBA#55800 50CC,BBG, BB1500 x2, SS2K, SS1Kx3 CERTIFIED ALL DS, PGR RC
                      2010 Level3 Endeavor Reverse Trike BS Driveguard

Lol. Yeah. Could probably secure all my riding gear like a clothesline.

Well this really has nothing to do with with the subject of "Android Phone", but it is a very good idea and much better than the included helmet lock. Now I need to figure out how to attach my helmet that doesn't have a D-ring.

I have replacement bolts for the clutch and brake levers stick up high enough for the D-rings to slid over and then a small padlock holds the helmet very securely. Any bolt cutter would cut the lock I suppose but never had a problem. I like the way the helmet sits on the bars that way but still locked. Guess with the DCT you only have one lever ...

If it’s full face, open the shield and loop it around the chin bar. If it open...wow. Not sure

Oops........hi-jacked thread. Now back to android phone connections.

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page