Pin Lock Video 2018

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pin Lock Video 2018

Some might find this video interesting on the 2018 Tie Rod issue. Also good info on manufacturing a pin to lock the steering.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=5ZNgTz3rut0

John
    John - Richmond 2013 GL1800, Level 3

Now THAT video I do find very interesting. It would appear that there is a lot of inconsistency in suspension components coming out of Honda on the 2018 model. Perhaps that is why I did not notice the "slop" that Max referred to in one of his earlier videos. Maybe I got one with only 2 or 3 mm of travel.

Any comments about Max taking his bike back to the dealer for warranty repair should be taken with more than a grain of salt. Max makes a good point. If Honda could not get the tolerances correct out of the factory, the odds of a dealer making an acceptable repair are slim to none.

I am fortunate to be pleased with my 2018 suspension, but I only have 500 miles on it. I have no idea how the suspension will perform with 10,000 or 30,000 miles on the bike. Also, I have not examined the bumper on my front shock. I assume Max knows what he is talking about. He has forgotten more about suspension than I will ever know.

I was skeptical when I first watched some of Max's early videos on the 2018 suspension, but now that I have seen how cheap Honda went with the 2018 GPS, I am beginning to wonder where else they have cut corners. Also, I know the quality control is weak at Honda, with the flaws in my 2018 paint job. So, I can see where a 2018 could get out the door with defective suspension components.
    Last edited by Cruiseman; 03-21-2018, 06:47 AM.
    GOLDWING AND F6B MAINTENANCE VIDEOS
    Save $1000 a year in labor by doing your own maintenance!

Website | YouTube | 2001-2017 Videos | 2018+ Videos

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

Chris, Did they order your new Plastic pieces for you yet? About your GPS, I read that Honda will refresh (I think that is what I read) the GPS unit something like 10 times free??? I read that on some site,so I can't be sure of that. That might be the maps only vs the GPS software I don't know.

John

Originally posted by JGDJR View Post
        Chris, Did they order your new Plastic pieces for you yet? About your GPS, I read that Honda will refresh (I think that is what I read) the GPS unit something like 10 times free??? I read that on some site,so I can't be sure of that. That might be the maps only vs the GPS software I don't know.

John
        I know that Honda claims to provide free map updates for 10 years, is that what you may have read?

Oh was it map updates for 10 years...Thats great 10 YEARS...wow! I wonder if the maps on your new bike are like the second Gen Wings...like 2 years out of date when you get them...Do you use a card in the GPS or does it have a connection to plug directly into a computer?

Originally posted by JGDJR View Post
            Oh was it map updates for 10 years...Thats great 10 YEARS...wow! I wonder if the maps on your new bike are like the second Gen Wings...like 2 years out of day when you get them...Do you use a card in the GPS or does it have a connection to plug directly into a computer
            Good question. The date on my maps is 3rd Qtr 2017.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20180321_080058.jpg Views:	1 Size:	168.2 KB ID:	93230

BUT, I don't think the maps are accurate, up-to-date, or have the granularity/accuracy of the Garmin maps. Of course, I can't confirm any of this.

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
            widgetinstance 272 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X