Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd fob

I received my 2nd fob a couple of days ago and I work part time at our dealership so I just had the head tech program it. I am just planning on keeping it shut off and in one of the bags. It does have a different emergency code. It didn't come with a spare key and before I trust it 100% I am going to do a unlock code with it and make sure it will all work just in case I would lose it also ! I have verified it will let me start the bike and drive away by just turning it on. Seems weird that my bike will know 2 different codes in case of an emergency unlock but I guess the programming sets this up dunno. Our tech seemed to be confident this will all work but then he won't be the one stuck 500 miles away from home after I lose my key is he so like I said I am going to do an emergency lockout with both before I leave town.

How about the others that have also gotten a 2nd fob did your fob comes with a different code and is my understanding correct ?

Doug in Decatur, IL K9CRT
    2018 Ardent Red 6spd Manual

You are probably right, the only thing required to order the fob is the part number. Your bike could probably lear quite a few codes, just like your garage door opener.

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

Originally posted by Doug44 View Post
      I received my 2nd fob a couple of days ago and I work part time at our dealership so I just had the head tech program it. I am just planning on keeping it shut off and in one of the bags. It does have a different emergency code. It didn't come with a spare key and before I trust it 100% I am going to do a unlock code with it and make sure it will all work just in case I would lose it also ! I have verified it will let me start the bike and drive away by just turning it on. Seems weird that my bike will know 2 different codes in case of an emergency unlock but I guess the programming sets this up dunno. Our tech seemed to be confident this will all work but then he won't be the one stuck 500 miles away from home after I lose my key is he so like I said I am going to do an emergency lockout with both before I leave town.

How about the others that have also gotten a 2nd fob did your fob comes with a different code and is my understanding correct ?

How did this turnout? I am interested in putting a spare in the bike and leave it turned off.
      Dennis

Originally posted by gug1953 View Post

How did this turnout? I am interested in putting a spare in the bike and leave it turned off.
        Turned out well I just turned the new or 2nd fob off and store it in the tour box. You can open the tour box after getting into the left & right saddle bags there is a pull ring in the right saddle bag that when pulled will pop open the tour box. Not my design for sure but then Honda didn't contact me about this insane procedure. It isn't cheap to get a 2nd fob and get it programmed and then there is the new issue of depending on which fob is in use if you need to do an emergency unlock with the key in the lock under the tour box which code you need to enter to get the bike running. NUTS NUTS ....... an engineer must have stayed up for a week to dream up this.
        Doug in Decatur, IL K9CRT
        2018 Ardent Red 6spd Manual

The More we go into the Future - the Better the Past looks
          Whoever said money can’t buy happiness, never paid for a divorce

IBA # 40576

Doug44, I also am not a fan of not knowing if the bike is REALLY locked after I walk away ( like it states in the manual). I have always liked the obvious Lock/Unlock buttons & signal light flash to let me know! Plus the emergency unlock procedure . . . Geesh, really?? Insane!

Originally posted by Doug44 View Post

Here in Canada the bikes come with two fobs, each with a key and a separate code. I have confirmed that (assuming they are properly registered to the bike as mine were) either one will operate the bike, with either fob for normal starting or either code for emergency starting.

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page