Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car tire on 2018

If and When and get a car tire on this bike it’s going to have to have the same height as the regular tire or it will interfere with the computer that analyzes the speed and rate of deceleration or the transmission will not function as advertised. Anybody here know about this..... it’s in the manual....
    don’t get me wrong I love the car tire, however I’m also liking the way the bike handles with the bike tire on it.....lots more flick.....if ya know what I mean

mattbcnv
    2018 Pearl Stallion Brown DCT

That's a good point...we all knew that on our manual shift transmissions...but with the new DCT...I wonder if the rider would even feel the difference???

On this calculator, you can plug in the size of the tire before, and after and see the speed delta...you will also see that changing the Aspect Ratio will change the delta as well.

https://www.tacomaworld.com/tirecalc...5r16-205-55r16

John
    John - Richmond 2013 GL1800, Level 3

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

I had givin the car tire thing a whole lot of thought the last few weeks, I just can't do it yet, not that I never will.
      2016 GL1800 Candy Prominence Red leval1-bought August 24th,2017
      Clinton,Illinois

Some people really like them...I am just not one of them...I still run them on one of my street bikes and a few off road bikes as well,...It is not a small tire by any means...it is a 305/50/15 Great on a straight road..in turns, it is like a gyro, it wants to keep the bike upright in a turn...I'm sure if it were a narrower tire it would behave a little better, but because of the rake angle of the front end, it turns like a tractor trailer. It was either do that or have the bike flip over and land on top of you.

It is an old school street bike...a have a few of them...but I did do a few mods to it...It is a old (bought new) 1977 Kawasaki 1425 cc turbocharged with single stage NOS...

The red and black one is a Kawasaki 1974 Z1 (bought new) it is also 1425cc, but Naturally Aspirated

John
        John - Richmond 2013 GL1800, Level 3

• RoadRat
          RoadRat commented
          Editing a comment
          Pretty cool bikes John. I bought a new Kawasaki Z1 unfortunately it was nothing like yours but I did get into a lot of trouble with it. lol. I was young & stupid and it was fast, not a good combination.

Originally posted by Mattbcnv View Post
        If and When and get a car tire on this bike it’s going to have to have the same height as the regular tire or it will interfere with the computer that analyzes the speed and rate of deceleration or the transmission will not function as advertised. Anybody here know about this..... it’s in the manual....
        don’t get me wrong I love the car tire, however I’m also liking the way the bike handles with the bike tire on it.....lots more flick.....if ya know what I mean

mattbcnv
        Matt. The 2018 uses it's traction control in unison with the ABS. Which gets its signal from the wheels ABS pulsor rings F&R.

Yes-you should get as close to stock when choosing a BMT to use, with or with out ABS/TC.

I done the research on this as soon as Honda released the info on the new rear wheel width.

The stock tire is 200/55/16, a equivalent BMT is the 205/55/16 RF.

Here is the tire calculator.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	2018.JPG
Views:	96
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	92343

Is anyone running a BMT on a 2018 now?
        Not that I have been able to find. (Hard for some to throw away a new R/T??? lol)

I know that the stock would be off as soon as I got home on a 2018.
        I gave up worrying about a RTD 12 years ago for a BMT that will hold the bike up in the event of a RTD!.

You know how I ride.
        You may not like the truth but that don't change it!

When Life hands you a Curve - Lean into it!!.

Maker of the 01-17 GL1800
        "Rocky Tree & Comfort Risers".

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
        widgetinstance 272 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X