Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The trunk and the HJC Symax III

In my recent First Impressions video (https://youtu.be/ynM7Qx88Fb0) I showed how my HJC Symax III modular helmet would not fit in the 2018 trunk. I speculated that it may be because of the GoPro mount that I had stuck to the top of my helmet, which raises the top by about 1/4 of an inch. So, tonight, I removed the GoPro mount. Sadly, the trunk still will not close when the HJC SYmax III (Large) is pushed against the left wall of the trunk. However, If I move the helmet about 3 inches from the wall, the trunk lid will close, barely. If I move it 4 inches, it will NOT close. It has to be in exactly the right spot for the lid to close. NO EXCUSE.

Honda's claims to fitting 2 full face helmets in the trunk is BS.
    GOLDWING AND F6B MAINTENANCE VIDEOS
    Save $1000 a year in labor by doing your own maintenance!

Website | YouTube | 2001-2017 Videos | 2018+ Videos

Honda had to of used two Small/Med full faced helmets in there ad's.

If a Large won't fit. My XXL certainly is a no go.

You may not like the truth but that don't change it!

When Life hands you a Curve - Lean into it!!.

Maker of the 01-17 GL1800
    "Rocky Tree & Comfort Risers".

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

This morning I unlatched the trunk lid to get my laptop out and when I went to close the trunk lid, the catch mechanism in the base apparently never reset itself. I could not re-close the trunk! I finally "slammed" it a couple of times and it must have jarred the catch back into place. Not sure about this electronic catch.

Slammed?? I don't like the sound of that being needed?

So closing the lid,and lightly tugging on the top of the pass backrest didn't latch the lid properly?
        You may not like the truth but that don't change it!

When Life hands you a Curve - Lean into it!!.

Maker of the 01-17 GL1800
        "Rocky Tree & Comfort Risers".

• Cruiseman
          Cruiseman commented
          Editing a comment
          Nope. That is my normal way to close the lid. Apparently, when I "slammed" (a very firm close), it must have jarred the catches loose and back into place.

There are two kinds of electronics, those that have failed, those that are going to fail. I pray no one with an 2018 has a battery failure in the middle of no place. Question, is the side cover that the battery is located behind still have the rear edge trapped behind the saddle bag door?

Yes the side cover has the rear edge trapped behind the saddle bag door.

Originally posted by sorcerer View Post
            There are two kinds of electronics, those that have failed, those that are going to fail. I pray no one with an 2018 has a battery failure in the middle of no place. Question, is the side cover that the battery is located behind still have the rear edge trapped behind the saddle bag door?
            Yes it is. You can get in it though with the key that's supplied. It opens that bag.

I have gotten 2 medium HJC full face modulars in the trunk and closed it. No room for anything else. They both have to be at a kind of 45* angle, with the back against the speaker boxes. Very tight fit

If memory serves me correctly, HJC makes two shell sizes. The Small and Medium are both the same shell, the Large and X-Large use the same shell. The different in size is the cheek pads (I think).

Yes. Correct

Originally posted by MajorThom View Post

Yes it is. You can get in it though with the key that's supplied. It opens that bag.
                    The activation is key/cable or key in front cubby by 12 volt?

The emergency key mechanically opens the left bag.
                      Sorry, the key goes behind a false plastic front near the license plate.

This new design 2018 ST1800 is sounding like a real treat for the young upcoming crowd.
                        2013 Red Airbag 1800

On page 187, it details the proper info. I tried to copy and paste, but that didn't work. Hope this helps

https://powersports.honda.com/brochu...2031mkc600.pdf

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page