Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vest Ports

Just put down my deposit and take ownership of a White Tour DCT next week. So regarding power ports for vests, battery tender, etc. Guess I'm going to have to drill thru fairings and wire to the battery just like on my '03 huh? I wonder if any of the white T-connectors are available somewhere to plug a Powerlet cord into. But if so, they're likely to not be hot, which means they'll work for a vest, but not a battery tender.

I use these on my bike for my heated gear. "6" DC Coax Jack Panel Mount". Made by First gear .

Click image for larger version

Name:	51-2975dccoaxjckpanelmnt.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	33.8 KB
ID:	92074

I power a fused relay from the AUX fuse on the fuse block. (Relay trigger)
    I never touch the factory wire harness!.
    The relay only has power with the key on. Key off = No Power to the relay/power port.

**You may not like the Truth-But that doesn't change it!**
    "Life is Tough-It's tougher when you are stupid"
    1981 CB900C -DCT
    1986 GL1200 SEi - DCT
    2004 GL1800 - "Modified Ring & Pinion"
    https://www.theglforum.com/filedata/fetch?filedataid=9819&type=large

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

• Trailboss
      Trailboss commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for that Rocky and I'm guessing since you're not splicing into the Canbus system it doesn't recognize a threat and doesn't shut down the system?

Originally posted by Rocky View Post
    I use these on my bike for my heated gear. "6" DC Coax Jack Panel Mount". Made by First gear .

Name:	51-2975dccoaxjckpanelmnt.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	33.8 KB
ID:	92074

I power a fused relay from the AUX fuse on the fuse block. (Relay trigger)
    I never touch the factory wire harness!.
    The relay only has power with the key on. Key off = No Power to the relay/power port.
    Thanks, guess I'm back to drilling again. No factory installed power ports...... really? Using a relay though would negate being able to plug a battery tender into it. Some of these oversights are perplexing. Lack of storage cubbies, no ports, one helmet holder, etc.

Originally posted by WingConVette View Post

Thanks, guess I'm back to drilling again. No factory installed power ports...... really? Using a relay though would negate being able to plug a battery tender into it. Some of these oversights are perplexing. Lack of storage cubbies, no ports, one helmet holder, etc.
      I use the BT supplied cord for the tender & powering my Slime air compressor (if I need to use the compressor when traveling)

Name:	10W845_AS01.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	14.7 KB
ID:	92112
      **You may not like the Truth-But that doesn't change it!**
      "Life is Tough-It's tougher when you are stupid"
      1981 CB900C -DCT
      1986 GL1200 SEi - DCT
      2004 GL1800 - "Modified Ring & Pinion"
      https://www.theglforum.com/filedata/fetch?filedataid=9819&type=large

There is enough space in the side cover "vent" to allow the Battery Tender dongle to exit the cover. I will be showing in a new video soon. No need to drill for that.
        GOLDWING AND F6B MAINTENANCE VIDEOS
        Save $1000 a year in labor by doing your own maintenance!

Website | YouTube | 2001-2017 Videos | 2018+ Videos

Originally posted by cruiseman View Post
          there is enough space in the side cover "vent" to allow the battery tender dongle to exit the cover. I will be showing in a new video soon. No need to drill for that.

gr8!

I'm no expert but I ran my tender/ heated jacket dongle along the frame and out in front of the side panel. Haven't had any problems and it's not in the way when I want to remove the side panel. They are a big enough pain in the butt to take off and put back on.

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page