Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C.B. Radio on new 2018 Goldwing

How do you adjust the sound volume of the C.B. radio? I do not see anything about this in the owners manual, but I have missed stuff before.
    When I turn up the C.B. so i can hear it in the Sena unit when the GPS announces it almost burst my ear drums!

I don't even have a manual! I read elsewhere that you need to pull the transmit trigger and toggle tell volume up or down as required. I made the mistake of thinking the cb on/off button was the transmit button. I just found the trigger.

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

I guess nobody at Honda thought it was necessary to provide documentation on any of their accessories.
      GOLDWING AND F6B MAINTENANCE VIDEOS
      Save $1000 a year in labor by doing your own maintenance!

Website | YouTube | 2001-2017 Videos | 2018+ Videos

• workhorse
        workhorse commented
        Editing a comment
        Don't need no stink'in instructions. Who needs instructions when it is intuitively obvious to even the most casual of observers ???

Agree, the toys such as the CB had no literature available. But try this;
      2018 GL CB Radio User Guide.pdf

I have the Honda CB radio that I use on my group rides. I also listen to XM or other music while riding. The CB works fine except several times the after radio transmit or reception I lose music to bluetooth. I can still hear CB in headset but no music. I can switch to speaker and get music there. After several minutes I can get music back to headset. If I turn bike off and on it resets, this is not an option while running down road. Anyone have any ideas? Love the bike otherwise.

• AKW
          AKW commented
          Editing a comment
          If you download and install the 2019 GPS and software update it will fix the problem. I have been struggling with this issue since I purchased the bike. I tried everything to fix it. I installed the radio update and it completely resolved the problem.

Originally posted by Paladin View Post
        I have the Honda CB radio that I use on my group rides. I also listen to XM or other music while riding. The CB works fine except several times the after radio transmit or reception I lose music to bluetooth. I can still hear CB in headset but no music. I can switch to speaker and get music there. After several minutes I can get music back to headset. If I turn bike off and on it resets, this is not an option while running down road. Anyone have any ideas? Love the bike otherwise.
        Set the Squelch a little higher. If to low, distant signals will trigger the CB receiver and block XM or the AM/FM radio.
        '04 Titanium ABS
        Michelin Primacy Alpin PA3 ZP 195-55-16
        Bridgestone BT-45 130/70-18
        Member - E. CLAMPUS VITUS
        Free Grazer IBA #22990
        NRA, Elks, and too many others
        Yuma, AZ

I have squelch already at 11. The TX indicator is not activated. I will try higher. I think it goes to 20.

Originally posted by Paladin View Post
            This is a known issue according to Honda Corporate (Mother Honda). When running 2-up with our intercoms connected, if the CB is either in TX or RX, we lose our intercoms. I have had to tap the Jog Dial on my Sena 20s EVO to get the intercom back. It does not always work. As you stated, you can lose music too. The only way to re-establish the music is as you have figured out - turn the bike off and back on again. According to the person I spoke with at Mother Honda they are well aware of this. This individual did not say when (or even if) a fix would be available. The issue is when using the intercom, one set of BT protocols are being used. When using the CB with the intercom, another set of BT protocols come into play. It's the transferring back and forth between BT protocols that the bike is having an issue with (according to Mother Honda)

When running solo, and the music is channeled into my helmet with the CB on also, I do not have ANY issues with the system. Bring in a second headset, and all hell breaks loose.

Scott

I'd like to add also, tell your dealer about this. He will inform his Area Rep and up the chain it goes. I tried to talk directly to an Area Rep, but I was told they are strictly for the use of the Dealerships. I ended up writing an email to my Dealer's Service Mangager, who told me he would forward it on. If enough customers complain about this ridiculous CB/Intercom setup, maybe Honda will come out with a firmware fix.

Scott

Thank you for the information. I will pass this onto dealer along with emergency key saddle bag issue. I only ride one up so I may have another variant of this issue. I will try deleting passenger headset to see if that helps and also check how phone is paired.

Would the J&M bluetooth to cable dongle be a workaround for this problem? It appears to use a bluetooth device to connect to the Honda system. My thought is that it would still have problems.

• kwthom
                    kwthom commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Reading about the myriad of problems y'all with '18s are having with the audio system integration, I'm thinking the J&M device is simply going to add even more to the BT confusion the bike has.

I'm just not too sure how many real dedicated riders Honda consulted with during the design phase of this part of the system.

My thoughts also. I went to the dealer today and voiced my concerns over the inforntainment system issues. All the kid behind the counter wanted to do was schedule a time I could leave the bike. I told him there was no point leaving bike if there was no software update. He said he would check with service manager. We will see, but I do not have high hopes. I also made a complaint on Honda's website and left Vin #. So far there are no recalls on the 2018 Goldwing Tour.

I am going to do the Blu-Hub and use my wired headsets. I just turned my cb radio on and the only way I can adjust the volume is to lower the squelch to a point I hear noise and then the volume graph shows and I can adjust the volume up or down. Holding the transmit button did not let me adjust volume. Neither did the source button allow me to adjust the volume.

Hey all, this is easy to take care of. Always set your Bluetooth headset to max volume. Then adjust all of the bikes volumes individually.

I experienced my music occasionally cutting off when using the CB. The quick fix that worked for me was simply holding down the transmit button for a second or two. Music came right back on after that.
                        Ron - Montrose, CO
                        2018 Pearl White GL1800 DCT
                        2012 Pearl White GL1800 Level 1 - Sold @ 63K miles
                        I don't ride to make great time; I ride to have a great time!

• AKW
                          AKW commented
                          Editing a comment
                          If you download and install the 2019 GPS and software update it will fix the problem. I have been struggling with this issue since I purchased the bike. I tried everything to fix it. I installed the radio update and it completely resolved the problem.

I will try that the next time music cuts out with cb on. I only use cb when I ride with my motorcycle riding club. I expect the keying of mike without broadcasting anything may annoy some in group.

I have a 2018 'Wing and purchased a CB install by the dealership. When I turn on the CB, all the right things appear on the dash. When I push the transmit button, it indicates I am transmitting. The problem is my riding Buddy has a working CB and he does not hear me. And, when he transmits, I cannot hear him. (Yes, we are both on the same channel.)
                          I have the Sena SRL motorcycle bluetooth communication system for the Shoei NeoTec II helmet. It works well with all other applications.
                          Called the dealer to explain to me what might the issue be. Only answer was that a Navigation update was out to Dealers, but with the warning DO NOT UPDATE if the bike has a CB! so, they are assuming that a "CB" update must follow .......... Other than that, no explanation. Anyone else have the same problem?

Originally posted by RollingThunder View Post
                            I have a 2018 'Wing and purchased a CB install by the dealership. When I turn on the CB, all the right things appear on the dash. When I push the transmit button, it indicates I am transmitting. The problem is my riding Buddy has a working CB and he does not hear me. And, when he transmits, I cannot hear him. (Yes, we are both on the same channel.)
                            I have the Sena SRL motorcycle bluetooth communication system for the Shoei NeoTec II helmet. It works well with all other applications.
                            Called the dealer to explain to me what might the issue be. Only answer was that a Navigation update was out to Dealers, but with the warning DO NOT UPDATE if the bike has a CB! so, they are assuming that a "CB" update must follow .......... Other than that, no explanation. Anyone else have the same problem?
                            Well known problem. The infotainment system s/w update screws up the CB sound. Honda is aware of it, and if you wish, you can roll back the last s/w update and your CB volume issue should be resolved. Honda promised a revised s/w update around 11/1, but as far as I know it has not yet been released.
                            I may be growing older, but I refuse to grow up.

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page