2018 Gold Wing Aftermarket Wish List

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cyclechris View Post
    Regarding the upgraded audio system. My dealer quoted $1600.00 OTD. Ouch. Not good enough for that cost. I'm hoping the aftermarket will build a plug and play much better and louder audio system for less.
    Cyclechris ..
    Design and market your own...as that's probably the fastest way that'll happen on the new bike.

Luck to ya!

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

I have a friend who installed the Honda audio upgrade (he did it himself) and has said it was his favorite accessory so far. He is a real audiophile and loves it. But, he was not going to pay what the dealer wanted for installation.
      GOLDWING AND F6B MAINTENANCE VIDEOS
      Save $1000 a year in labor by doing your own maintenance!

Website | YouTube | 2001-2017 Videos | 2018+ Videos

I could use a couple Ram mounts on the dash.

I would like to see someone develop new cables or a way to adjust the reverse cables without having to remove all the bodywork. Something similar to a clutch cable might work where you can adjust from both ends. To check the slop in the cables requires the removal of 2 screws and a small panel. To adjust the cables requires removing the forward plastics on the bike, at least a 2 hour project.

Originally posted by Martini View Post

I've been looking for the same... with no success. Have you seen or come across anything?
            Yep, 2017s and below. Gave up on the ST1833 because it no longer has the features we need for a touring bike.

Originally posted by workhorse View Post
              Need to add a real touring trunk (2 XL full face helmets) with running/turn/brake/hazard lights, 6.5" speaker support and proper passenger arm rests to the list. Maybe trailer/trike companies would be interested in making them.
              they couldve easily added 3-4 more inches to the trunk lid height without throwing off the lines. they missed on that one. did previous year GWs come with huge passenger arm rests or are the ones I see aftermarket pieces?

Honda screwed the pooch on the new Trunk.

Seeing both the GL1800 2012 & Up didn't match the saddlebag design. Weird how they chose to repeat the mismatch design blunder, by having the new trunk not only not match the Saddlebag design, but ins to small for 2 FS helmets.

Makes you go Hmmm? When they removed the what many feel added trunk lights to "help" be seen better.
                And dual Helmet hangers under the trunk.

They were larger because of the Speakers being directly under them. This allows the use of the stock armrests without the need for OEM or aftermarket arm rests supports. (Honda offered "Donut" style arm rests for the GL1800-01-17 Butt ugly too)

Clearly by looking at both models. one can see the forearm support on the older GL1800 model.

and lack thereof on the new bike.

Click image for larger version  Name:	08902D66-6B3B-4DBD-B474-1C0B0420DE5E_1536946150851.jpeg Views:	2 Size:	141.2 KB ID:	106504
                Click image for larger version  Name:	62bb9757-c77b-4e9f-b87a-f32dff2ea300_zpsezey4mem.jpg Views:	2 Size:	39.8 KB ID:	106503

Why Honda did what they did,Only Honda can say.

The reality of it,is as many have said. A couple more inches of plastic wouldn't of added that much weight overall.

But would allow the storage of two full sized helmets out of prying eyes,and the weather.

Who ever came up with the Helmet holder in the left grab bar (if you would call it that?) Should get his a** kicked.
                You may not like the truth but that don't change it!

When Life hands you a Curve - Lean into it!!.

• kiptap
                  kiptap commented
                  Editing a comment
                  "Who ever came up with the Helmet holder in the left grab bar (if you would call it that?) Should get his a** kicked."
                  hahaha, kicked AND fired, (but kicked first), it is really, really a useless piece of clutter on the bike.

Who would buy a new trunk lid if the top of it would extended all the way to the back and straight down adding more interior space.

Originally posted by wildx View Post
                  Who would buy a new trunk lid if the top of it would extended all the way to the back and straight down adding more interior space.
                  Not me, Im happy with mine.
                  PGR RIDE CAPTAIN.. UTAH

I think adding, "Saddlebag Liner Set", as selection option would be a good idea hopefully you will consider.

I purchased the Honda OEM Bags , 08L01-MKC-A00. They are a joke. They are extremely so small with no contour resembling the saddlebag. The leather handles are huge compared to the bag. Just one of the handles could easily and safely be used on a fully loaded piece of max-allowed airline sized luggage... and I'm not exaggerating. The handles are waste of the 2018's limited space and NOT pliable when packing. When I first opened the box and saw them, I literally said to myself, "What the ****?!"

The bags also leave a sizable open area on the tapered end of the saddlebag due to their non-contour shape. To test the bags' capacity, I put 3 rolled bath towels in the saddlebag, which totally fills the Honda saddlebag liner, and I could not close the right side saddlebag. I then took one of my FJR1300 bags, which fit the Gold Wing very well, and the same towels fit nicely into the FJR bag with room to spare within the bag. I was able to close the right bag due to the pliability of the FJR bag and the lack of the Honda bags' huge handles. The Honda saddlebag liners are a Total joke. Ever buy something, look forward to receiving and then feel ripped off when you open the box and see the product? That's the feeling I had/have after seeing these bags. I returned the day I received. Honda should be ashamed.

Click image for larger version

Name:	images5EIYIC45.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	11.3 KB
ID:	113709

************************************************** *******

I want 2 things changed with the Navi system, both would only take a minor software tweak-

1) if I miss a waypoint (either due to a change of heart, detour, gas stop-,etc) don't keep directing me back to the one I missed- just direct me to the next waypoint! 2) allow a stop guidance while moving.
                        The most recent update allows up to 99 waypoints which is a vast improvement over the prior 8.

Oh yeah, decent paint job that doesn't scratch just by looking at it!

And, a usable helmet holder.

• Drgsin
                          Drgsin commented
                          Editing a comment
                          thats 3 but who's counting, lol. you can delete the way point while riding and stop the guidance also. Page 55 of the NAV Manual
                          While in Map on the screen, depress the Enter button on the left handlebar and scroll to Clear Guidance.

I purchased the Wingsoft Luggage for my wing and I am happy with what they sent. Seem like they are decent quality and they fit well enough for me. I have not compared them to my FJR saddle bag luggage yet. I will tonight and see what I think.

Has anyone purchased the Electrical Connections Honda Goldwing / Tour Rear LED Reflector Light Kit? They say it matches the color and glow of the rear lights of the bike and it appears easy to install and remove if needed. One other manufacturer of a similar kit sends it with some huge connectors that require a fairly large hole to be drilled, at least according to one owner that installed it. This kit has some barrel connectors that run right to an isolator box or the accessory connection on the fuse box. With the trunk light I purchased, this will give me the coverage I think I need from high to low on the rear. I also have 2 Fenix T3 emergency lights on a License Plate mount that flash three times and then go steady when the brake is pulled. It will be hard to say you did not see me if the driver is not totally ignoring the road.

Am I the only person who wants a way to mount FLAGS on the bike's rear trunk area? The new Goldwing 2018 DCT doesn't have ANY way to mount a flag.

Joe

• Rocky
                              Rocky commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Originally posted by kentuckyrider View Post
                              Am I the only person who wants a way to mount FLAGS on the bike's rear trunk area?
                              Joe
                              YES. I have yet to see anyone mount a waving flag on the ST1800.

Well I want the American Flag flying from my bike!

Originally posted by kentuckyrider View Post
                              Well I want the American Flag flying from my bike!
                              Joe. Consider doing a Wrap.

Click image for larger version

Name:	32207555_2102465263115898_2766011302865272832_n.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	88.8 KB
ID:	113913
                              ************************************************** *******

Originally posted by Littljoe View Post
                                I believe the Ram mount from old 1800 will fit on right handle bar. Looks same in pictures has same looking cover over clamp bolts.
                                Only on ONE side though. Why did they do something so boneheaded like that?!? I had a nice accessory bar mounted to my 2012. I wanted to move it to my 2018, but nope! No clamp bolts on the left side!

Joe

Originally posted by JerryOfAZ View Post
                                  The ram mount does work (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1). I put this on the left side facing forward with a regular ram mount from the 2017 I had bolted to it, facing backward. (Take the cover off the bar that is in place of the CB switches - one screw underneaath) I now have two ram balls that I can mount a drink holder and gps on the left side and a regular ram mount from the 2017 on the right side. You are correct in your assumption that the ram mounts from past years fit on the right side.
                                  How did you mount this to the left side of the 2018? There is no room for this on the bike's handlebar configuration. Photo, please!

Joe

A touring bike uses power, both while it is running, and while it is parked.

I would like to see a good quality, replaceable solar panel either molded into the top of the trunk (the luggage rack is basically useless, and always cracks the lid) or mounted to the center of the luggage rack, or have the solar panel BE the luggage rack, or perhaps mounted on the top of the dash, so the bike can receive a trickle charge the entire time it is parked in the sun. It could even flip out from under the trunk lid while parked, and fold into the lid while riding, or pop out like a DVD tray, but of course, that would require a larger trunk. The panel(s) could flip out from the sides of the trunk like the old foot heater vents, or slide out from beneath the trunk and hang down (think of a truck loading ramp) with the bike's rear facing the sun while parked.

I would like to see a high quality, high storage capacity four-camera DVR built into the bike (as an option) with four high quality 4K cameras that can see in low light. One front and rear, and one built into each side mirror. A Bluetooth download of the recordings to a smart phone or iPad would be a must. The bike already HAS a video screen. Why not use it! "Officer, as you can see here, I did NOT run the red light!" or "You are under arrest, sir. The bike's video clearly shows that the motorcycle had the Right of Way. YOU turned left in front of him!"

I would like to see a good, sturdy, SECURE but quick access pistol pocket molded into the center just forward of the seat and extending down into a pocket that invades, or bypasses the fuel tank. Something that can hold a 1911 would be nice! As long as it makes the personal DEFENSE firearm quickly accessible by the rider. The bike can be filled from the kickstand side. There is no law that the gas cap need to be centered on the bike!

I would like to see a light but effective seat cover sewn to contour the seat and cover the backrests, made out of some material that would prevent the seat from becoming screaming hot while sitting in the sun. I never liked poached eggs! The cover should secure to the bike so the wind doesn't tear it up.

I would like to see a GYRO mounted horizontally beneath the rear trunk. It would optionally spin up at slow speeds and eliminate the need to raise and lower your feet during bumper-to-bumper traffic crawls. The bike would essentially balance itself.

LED lights have come a long way. They are the 'Safety Chrome' of the 21st Century! I would like to see many more stock options for mounting bright LED lights all around the bike, with plastic decorative removable pop out plastic panels where the selected lights would be added.

And I want my damned Goldwing to FLY!

Joe

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page