2018 Gold Wing Aftermarket Wish List

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 Gold Wing Aftermarket Wish List

I think we had a thread like this before, but I thought I would make an official one. Here are some of the aftermarket accessories I would like to see offered for the new Gold Wing. Even though Honda is offering many of these accessories, I have included some on the list because, often, the aftermarket items will have more features or better pricing.

Add yours to the list and I will send this thread to my email list of aftermarket contacts!

Check off all of the items YOU would be interested in purchasing for your 2018.
    Taller, wider windscreen
    45.00%
    Highway footpegs
    71.67%
    LED Driving/Fog lights
    61.67%
    Switchback front turn signals (white to yellow)
    25.00%
    Trunk brake light
    58.33%
    Wired headset connectivity
    15.00%
    LED turn signal mirrors (Muth?)
    20.00%
    Engine/transmission body panels (chrome or black)
    16.67%
    Redesigned passenger hand rails
    56.67%
    Trailer hitch/wiring harness
    30.00%
    Handlebar mounting options (RAM, etc.)
    33.33%
    Stereo amplifier/speakers
    20.00%
    Half-cover bike cover
    28.33%
    Last edited by Cruiseman; 02-23-2018, 07:55 AM.
    GOLDWING AND F6B MAINTENANCE VIDEOS
    Save $1000 a year in labor by doing your own maintenance!

Website | YouTube | 2001-2017 Videos | 2018+ Videos

I bought the Honda half cover at the time of purchase of the bike. I have to say it looks pretty good.

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

I believe the Ram mount from old 1800 will fit on right handle bar. Looks same in pictures has same looking cover over clamp bolts.
      Last edited by Littljoe; 02-23-2018, 02:03 PM. Reason: spelling

Originally posted by Littljoe View Post
        I believe the Ram mount from old 1800 will fit on right handle bar. Looks same in pictures has same looking cover over clamp bolts.
        It will on the manual transmission model. The DCT has different hand control mounts.

I believe it will fit on right side. When I demo rode one I looked and the right clamp has what looks like the same plastic covering the screws.

Good New's!!!
            The cup holder from the old Gold Wing fit's perfectly!!!

Definitely highway pegs with a clean looking mount. My dealer told me to just remove the front crash tip covers and bolt some on, not a very clean look. Also a decent luggage rack with brake light. And yes fog lights.

Need to add a real touring trunk (2 XL full face helmets) with running/turn/brake/hazard lights, 6.5" speaker support and proper passenger arm rests to the list. Maybe trailer/trike companies would be interested in making them.

Originally posted by workhorse View Post
                  Need to add a real touring trunk (2 XL full face helmets) with running/turn/brake/hazard lights, 6.5" speaker support and proper passenger arm rests to the list. Maybe trailer/trike companies would be interested in making them.
                  They already have that. It is called a 2017 Gold Wing!

Originally posted by MajorThom View Post
                    I bought the Honda half cover at the time of purchase of the bike. I have to say it looks pretty good.
                    I did the same thing. Nice cover!
                    Ron - Montrose, CO
                    2018 Pearl White GL1800 DCT
                    2012 Pearl White GL1800 Level 1 - Sold @ 63K miles
                    I don't ride to make great time; I ride to have a great time!

Originally posted by Littljoe View Post
                      Yeah it fits, have one on my DCT.
                      PGR RIDE CAPTAIN.. UTAH

Baker Built air wings sent me a quick return email stating;
                        Yes we are currently working on these hope to have these released this
                        month. Check our website and social media for official product release.
                        Thanks.

The ram mount does work (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1). I put this on the left side facing forward with a regular ram mount from the 2017 I had bolted to it, facing backward. (Take the cover off the bar that is in place of the CB switches - one screw underneaath) I now have two ram balls that I can mount a drink holder and gps on the left side and a regular ram mount from the 2017 on the right side. You are correct in your assumption that the ram mounts from past years fit on the right side.

For the luggage rack brake light, I bought a flasher (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1) that should be small enough to fit somewhere along the way. I already hooked it up and it flashes the brake light nicely. I'm thinking step 33 of the High mount brake light installation.

Originally posted by workhorse View Post
                              I've been looking for the same... with no success. Have you seen or come across anything?

Originally posted by Martini View Post

I've been looking for the same... with no success. Have you seen or come across anything?
                                Here is what you seekl.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2019 GOLDWING.jpg
Views:	358
Size:	141.4 KB
ID:	106346
                                ************************************************** *******
                                You may not like the truth but that don't change it!

When Life hands you a Curve - Lean into it!!.

It's a little thing... but switch back turn signals would look so much better. I've never been a fan of the bright yellow clown noses Honda seems to like to put on GW mirrors, though admittedly the 2018's is a bit more toned down. But a nice bright white DRL there until you use your signal would really clean up the more modern look. But yeah, it's a small thing. Still... VOTE FOR IT, PEOPLE! haha

I also voted for engine/body panels, which is not getting very many votes, either. Huh. I seem to be wanting the unpopular stuff! Oh no... wait... I did vote for more choice in Highway Pegs, too.

Ok... we're good.

Regarding the upgraded audio system. My dealer quoted $1600.00 OTD. Ouch. Not good enough for that cost. I'm hoping the aftermarket will build a plug and play much better and louder audio system for less.
                                    Cyclechris ..

Originally posted by Cyclechris View Post
                                      Regarding the upgraded audio system. My dealer quoted $1600.00 OTD. Ouch. Not good enough for that cost. I'm hoping the aftermarket will build a plug and play much better and louder audio system for less.
                                      Cyclechris ..
                                      ROTFLMAO.

You were joking right?

FYI- The GL1800 was produced for 17 year (No 2011 model during the move back to Japan)

The ONLY company that ever offered "Just an AMP" was Electrical Connection.

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for something better for the ST1800..

You got what you are getting from Honda!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	roflmao.gif
Views:	352
Size:	129.4 KB
ID:	106372
                                      ************************************************** *******
                                      You may not like the truth but that don't change it!

When Life hands you a Curve - Lean into it!!.

You want a thumping audio system, dont wait on honda. go to a reputable audio dealer and have them install an amp and speakers. OEM would never touch anything offered by the aftermarket.

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page