New Gold Wing Audio

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The sound quality on the 2018 is definitely sub-par! What were they thinking mounting the rear speakers way down there? Totally useless! Hopefully, there will be aftermarket fronts that we can upgrade to . . .

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

• workhorse
      workhorse commented
      Editing a comment
      The ST1833 is limited to 4" speakers. There won't be any room for meaningful improvements with the space limitations imposed by the new bike's restricted/backwards audio design.

Originally posted by darts1 View Post

Remember there are 31 states that don't require helmets. We need external speakers.
    and in Illinois it is illegal to run music to the helmet. Only communication traffic is allowed. That being said; tough law to enforce.
    kiptap - Paul
    Bolingbrook, IL (Greater Chicago Area)
    1979 Kawasaki Z 200
    1981 Kawasaki GPZ 550
    1996 Honda GL 1500SE
    2018 Honda GL 1800DJ

• kwthom
      kwthom commented
      Editing a comment
      Most states are that way...but, again, unless it's blaring at the time you are about to begin a one-on-one discussion with law enforcement, hard to prove you were or weren't.

Originally posted by jimmytee View Post
    I instead opted for a JL Audio mini Sub in the left saddlebag and vented the bag in three discreet locations . The vents are protected with a product called Frogzkin that allows air but not water to pass through. The sub can easily be removed if I want the storage capacity, but I simply love the sound to much and have found other ways to pack.
    I replaced the factory stereo system completely with a Rockford Fosgate hide away unit. The main part resides in the place the original Honda "Audio Unit " was located under the passenger seat. Then there is a control unit that is located where the factory control panel used to be. I have the system integrated with the OEM handlebar controls.
    The speakers up front were replaced with Hertz component speakers and I added Hertz 6.5: marine speakers in fabricated speaker pods in place of the left fairing pocket and the right cover over the radiator. All the speakers and sub are powered with a JL Audio 5 channel amplifier.

Best system and integration I have yet to see on a F6B.

Originally posted by workhorse View Post

Best system and integration I have yet to see on a F6B.
      Thanks. A lot of work went into it, but it definitely is a concert while riding. I enjoy carvong up twisty mountain roads, and on a beautiful day with your jams adding to the experience, it's great.

As long as the stereo speakers sound better than my '01 Wing, I'll be happy.

Originally posted by jimmytee View Post

I replaced the factory stereo system completely with a Rockford Fosgate hide away unit. The main part resides in the place the original Honda "Audio Unit " was located under the passenger seat. Then there is a control unit that is located where the factory control panel used to be. I have the system integrated with the OEM handlebar controls.

I am curious how you integrated to the OEM switches as well... can you share about the install?

AzBTO , I'm not sure Jimmy is on here anymore. That's an old Post you pulled up. A year ago. Jimmy is the man for stereo enhancement on a bike. He's a great guy also. Knew him well on the F6B forum. Try a PM and see if he checks in once in a while.

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page