Does ANYONE have any experience with the J&M BT-03 bluetooth headsets??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Does ANYONE have any experience with the J&M BT-03 bluetooth headsets??

    Hey all,
    I'm gonna be an early adopter of the 18GWT DCT and will going from 'corded' to 'cordless.' I have never used a wireless headset. The purpose of this thread is not to solicit opinions on which brand I should get but to get some responses from ANYONE who is using or has used J&M's BT-03 Bluetooth headset. I simply cannot find a single review of this unit! It appears to have some good functions (ability to connect earbuds). Website claims superior music quality, but I can not seem to validate this anywhere. It appears to be a little more rugged and (perhaps) waterproof (when compared to the Sena units with the jog dial). So...is there anyone out there that has been riding with this headset and can offer their opinion?

    Thanks!

  • #2
    Originally posted by mattc View Post
    Hey all,
    I'm gonna be an early adopter of the 18GWT DCT and will going from 'corded' to 'cordless.' I have never used a wireless headset. The purpose of this thread is not to solicit opinions on which brand I should get but to get some responses from ANYONE who is using or has used J&M's BT-03 Bluetooth headset. I simply cannot find a single review of this unit! It appears to have some good functions (ability to connect earbuds). Website claims superior music quality, but I can not seem to validate this anywhere. It appears to be a little more rugged and (perhaps) waterproof (when compared to the Sena units with the jog dial). So...is there anyone out there that has been riding with this headset and can offer their opinion?

    Thanks!
    I personally cannot comment on ALL J&M products, ALL Bluetooth products have their plus’ AND J&M has the one thing you may be longing for that the others most likely DON’T have!!! What is that, you may ask yourself.....

    J&M has stellar Customer Service!!! Bar NONE!!

    so you can get whichever you want, but in the end J&M will beat them all because they stand behind their products..

    mattbcnv
    2018 Pearl Stallion Brown DCT

    Comment: (For off-topic replies)


    • #3
      Originally posted by Mattbcnv View Post

      I personally cannot comment on ALL J&M products, ALL Bluetooth products have their plus’ AND J&M has the one thing you may be longing for that the others most likely DON’T have!!! What is that, you may ask yourself.....

      J&M has stellar Customer Service!!! Bar NONE!!

      so you can get whichever you want, but in the end J&M will beat them all because they stand behind their products..

      mattbcnv
      I can not argue that. The few times I have needed something, it was no questions asked.

      Comment: (For off-topic replies)


      • #4
        J&M stands behind their products more than most vendors I have dealt with.

        I'll be talking to John at the IMS in a couple days.
        ************************************************** *******
        You may not like the truth but that don't change it!

        When Life hands you a Curve - Lean into it!!.

        Comment: (For off-topic replies)


        • #5
          I have a set of Sena 10's and 20's and a single J&M. All work fine but the music quality is better on the J&M.

          Comment: (For off-topic replies)


          • #6
            Remember - two issues to deal with:

            1) How well the BT connection is between helmet and bike. Good solid RF connection means...

            2) How well the audio fidelity is, dependent upon the music source.

            Is your phone audio as good as the RF audio from a good local FM radio station? HINT: It better be! Next, check the sound quality using a good MP3 file from the USB player, as it should be nearly as good as your phone audio.

            If all of that is good, then the next step is adding in the passenger - then establishing the BT helmet-to-helmet connection (intercom)

            Is this an always-on situation, or does it need to be toggled on and off? Certain headsets establish this in slightly different forms...need to ask those questions and compare and contrast what the bike has had built-in for over 20 years.

            Comment: (For off-topic replies)


            • #7
              Originally posted by kwthom View Post
              Remember - two issues to deal with:

              1) How well the BT connection is between helmet and bike. Good solid RF connection means...

              2) How well the audio fidelity is, dependent upon the music source.

              Is your phone audio as good as the RF audio from a good local FM radio station? HINT: It better be! Next, check the sound quality using a good MP3 file from the USB player, as it should be nearly as good as your phone audio.

              If all of that is good, then the next step is adding in the passenger - then establishing the BT helmet-to-helmet connection (intercom)

              Is this an always-on situation, or does it need to be toggled on and off? Certain headsets establish this in slightly different forms...need to ask those questions and compare and contrast what the bike has had built-in for over 20 years.

              Good questions as I am keen for answers, too! I have invested in 4 of the J&M Elite headsets so I am obviously going that route . . .

              Comment: (For off-topic replies)


              • #8
                I was able to listen to them at the show. They were very impressive. Like Rocky said, they're a reputable company and stand behind their products.
                Costa Mesa, CA
                2012 RED GL1800

                Comment: (For off-topic replies)


                • #9
                  The system on the new GL1833 provides EXCELLENT sound quality to the J&M Bluetooth headsets from the dual rider & passenger A2DP streams.

                  There were however still some linking Bug-A-Boos with BOTH J&M & Sena Bluetooth headsets on the new Wing when we were using the system.

                  As the Honda on-site engineers explained, the bike we were using was a pre-production prototype and all of the Bluetooth linking prompts, screens etc had not yet been finalized.

                  I also noticed what seemed to be some non-standard play/pause commands on the A2DP stream from the Honda system.

                  As we get our hands on the final version of the system as it is released, we will be customizing the J&M Bluetooth headsets for specific functionality when connected to the new Wing, that will be slightly different than the standard Bluetooth headset profile connections of A2DP and HFP.

                  Comment: (For off-topic replies)


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by jmjohn View Post
                    The system on the new GL1833 provides EXCELLENT sound quality to the J&M Bluetooth headsets from the dual rider & passenger A2DP streams.

                    There were however still some linking Bug-A-Boos with BOTH J&M & Sena Bluetooth headsets on the new Wing when we were using the system.

                    As the Honda on-site engineers explained, the bike we were using was a pre-production prototype and all of the Bluetooth linking prompts, screens etc had not yet been finalized.

                    I also noticed what seemed to be some non-standard play/pause commands on the A2DP stream from the Honda system.

                    As we get our hands on the final version of the system as it is released, we will be customizing the J&M Bluetooth headsets for specific functionality when connected to the new Wing, that will be slightly different than the standard Bluetooth headset profile connections of A2DP and HFP.
                    John,
                    If some of us wanted to adopt your BT-03 units as is now (I'm actually trying to get this new bike in time for my annual motorcycle trip to watch the Superbowl in KeyWest) and then you were to tweak your unit as you state above, would you allow some of us early adopters to upgrade to your upgraded unit for free with return of the original? Or am I stuck having to by a NEW BT-03? See you at the NYC IMS.

                    Comment: (For off-topic replies)


                    • #11
                      Mattc ,,,,, of course

                      Comment: (For off-topic replies)


                      • #12
                        I purchased the BL-3 when J&M launched the system with the Dongle 44. I am riding the 2017 Goldwing. I experienced problems with the BT-3 bluetooths and associated cabling that J&M totally replaced everything at no charge with the BT-4 system. I now have two BT-4s, for wife and I.

                        I absolutely love the sound quality and reliability of the BT-4 system. I totally recommend the newer BT-4, not the BT-3.

                        J&M customer service is superior. I have been working with Pete.

                        Comment: (For off-topic replies)

                        Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
                        widgetinstance 272 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X