Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speakers/Sound

If there’s one disappointment to my 2018 Tour DCT it’s the sound system, and I can’t afford to lose the saddle bag storage to an AMP, looking for ideas for louder sound....

Go back and review your stereo/volume settings. Your missing something. My stereo is fantastic. Was disappointed at first until I mucked with some settings.

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

Originally posted by Mufassa001 View Post
      If there’s one disappointment to my 2018 Tour DCT it’s the sound system, and I can’t afford to lose the saddle bag storage to an AMP, looking for ideas for louder sound....
      It's a motorcycle - Not a Rolling Boombox.

You want better acoustics. Wear headphones!!

There was a clown who used to play his crappy music loud, when we rode together.

It was a riot watching him screw with his buttons when we stopped at a light, wondering what was going on??

I'd key the CB- That shut up his annoying noise!!

He was to stupid to realize we were screwing with him!

BTW - I enjoy rather loud music "In my headsets"
      1. Better acoustics.
      2. I don't annoy other drivers who are near me at stop signs/lights, with my style of music.

Remember it's only music IF you enjoy what is playing at the time!!
      **You may not like the Truth-But that doesn't change it!**
      "Life is Tough-It's tougher when you are stupid"
      1981 CB900C -DCT
      1986 GL1200 SEi - DCT
      2004 GL1800 - "Modified Ring & Pinion"

Mine is not the best but it works for me try and knock down some of your wind and buffering noises first a good Wind shield and some air shields can help with that. Like Rocky said were on MCs and I agree the trunks are to small on the newer models that's why I went non tour. Good Luck Ride safe Ride A Lot.
        2018 DCT non tour, Pearl Stallion Brown, Double Darksider #856, Live To Ride, Love my Wing, IBA Member# 63744 Yellowbird Alias Coppertone

My J&M BT-04 headset volume (loud) is 9-10. The bike speakers (loud) is 12-13. Do the bike speakers sound good? No, they are cheap $10 OEM speakers from Honda! What did you expect? Options for better sound? Get a better headset, record your music on a louder setting, turn up your hearing aid . . . our options are limited, really! I’ve seen & heard the Honda ‘upgraded’ stereo. Save your money folks ‘cause it sounds no better. It’s a rip off, at best!
          Spend your $1000+ on gas money! There is no room for a bigger amp in a saddlebag . . . there isn’t room for even a six pack in there, now?? With those tiny speakers up front, no space to enlarge them, and no room for an amp, what we have is what we get! JMHO.

Originally posted by RPinkit View Post
            Go back and review your stereo/volume settings. Your missing something. My stereo is fantastic. Was disappointed at first until I mucked with some settings.
            What levels did you adjust your settings (bass, treble, mid-range, fade, etc) to in order to improve the sound? Mine sounds good through my BT headset, but I don't always like listening to music in that mode.
            2018 Goldwing-Tour DCT
            Goldwing rider since 1982

RIDE RED, VOTE RED

Originally posted by Gold Winger View Post
              My J&M BT-04 headset volume (loud) is 9-10. The bike speakers (loud) is 12-13. Do the bike speakers sound good? No, they are cheap $10 OEM speakers from Honda! What did you expect? Options for better sound? Get a better headset, record your music on a louder setting, turn up your hearing aid . . . our options are limited, really! I’ve seen & heard the Honda ‘upgraded’ stereo. Save your money folks ‘cause it sounds no better. It’s a rip off, at best!
              Spend your $1000+ on gas money! There is no room for a bigger amp in a saddlebag . . . there isn’t room for even a six pack in there, now?? With those tiny speakers up front, no space to enlarge them, and no room for an amp, what we have is what we get! JMHO.
              I agree with you.

I just don't understand, How or who at Honda,

Thought it was a great idea to remove an included Amp and better speakers. on their flagship motorcycle.

For a cheap set of speakers and no Amp on the new bike.
              And expect people to PAY for better speakers & Amp. That's total
              **You may not like the Truth-But that doesn't change it!**
              "Life is Tough-It's tougher when you are stupid"
              1981 CB900C -DCT
              1986 GL1200 SEi - DCT
              2004 GL1800 - "Modified Ring & Pinion"

• kwthom
                kwthom commented
                Editing a comment
                You've said it before - nobody is interested in listening to what you (not personally...) are playing on your bike.

So, drop $1000 on Bluetooth setup for a couple of helmets -or-drop that same $1000 for the amp, speakers, and a few cubic feet of space consumed for the amp.

A simple cost-benefit (weight reduction) game that Honda is playing with on the current-model motorcycle.

Potentially, not such a dumb move on their part.

• Rocky
                Rocky commented
                Editing a comment
                Correct. Honda was trying to drop weight. I get that.
                I guess everything has a cost.

After spending $$$ on trial & error on Speakers & Amp on my 18.
                I finally gave up, and bought a nice helmet set up that sounds like a set off Bose headsets.

I got ride of the Amp.

We all have to spend the bucks to learn life's lessons.

Originally posted by GWRider View Post

What levels did you adjust your settings (bass, treble, mid-range, fade, etc) to in order to improve the sound? Mine sounds good through my BT headset, but I don't always like listening to music in that mode.
              The best sound I can get out of the speakers is:

Vehicle Setting -> External Amp/off
              Vehicle Setting -> EQ2 (not EQ1)

Sound Settings -> Bass\+1
              Sound Settings -> Treble\+2
              Sound Settings -> Bass Boost\On
              Sound Settings -> Fader\0 (the rear speakers are worse than the front so don't try and bias the output).
              Sound Settings -> Auto Volume (Speaker)\Off

I don't listen to music externally from my headset but when I first got the bike, the speaker output, well, just sucked. It still sucks but its much better and can at least be heard at speed. Sort of. My personal opinion is that no external amplifier will make this system sound any better. Amplifying the sound signal to crappy dime store speakers will still get you dime store sound. A good amp needs to be followed up with the correct speakers. Marine grade 2 Ohm, 100 watt with high frequency tweeters.

• GWRider
                GWRider commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks. I'll try these settings for highways/back roads else I'm back to using headset.

After I have read all the comments in this thread I have come to a conclusion, and here are my findings....

1. Hi FIDELITY stereo systems on a motorcycles is a waste of hard earned money
              2. Expecting “good quality” sound from a motorcycle audio system is “unrealistic” and naive
              3. If you are riding a motorcycle, isn’t some “ambient” music good enough
              4. All the old motorcycle stories, open road “smell your surroundings” be one with nature?? Music lovin HOMOS
              5. whimpering about a “sub standard” audio system on a “motorcycle” is just plain STUPID
              6. grow a pair and enjoy the ride.... geeeze some people’s kids

respectfully,

mattbcnv
              "2018 Turd Brown Metallic sissy shifter"

• Rocky
                Rocky commented
                Editing a comment
                Have a couple of beers and chill out Pops.hehehehe

• RPinkit
                RPinkit commented
                Editing a comment
                Nothing makes me laugh more than a bad a%# harley dude blaring Brittany Spears over his “boom” speakers for the rest of the world to hear.

I concur with most of the comments above. My 2020 Honda GW Tour DCT stereo is fine. Could it be better? Sure. I have 5 options in FM, AM, iPod, Bluetooth and XM. Bluetooth off my iPhone is the weakest. I keep my old iPod connected in the saddlebag via the second USB so I don’t have to plug in my iPhone every time (Plus I don’t always like CarPlay). If I want the best sound I also just plug in a set of headphones. I try to balance those around me, with some good tunes and the enjoyment of the sites and sounds around me. Look for your own balance when you ride.
              MEL
              2020 Honda Gold Wing Tour Automatic DCT
              Candy Ardent Red/Black

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page