Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seat Heat

Is it possible to add heat to my OEM seat on the base goldwing? I don't see an aftermarket option for that by Honda...only ultimate, corbin or other full seat swap outs.

There is aftermarket heat pads available.(Depending on how handy you are?)

I suggest you look for a used stock heated seat.

Easier to connect to. vs tearing apart a seat to install heating elements!.

The next part is adding heat controllers for rider/passenger.

I used "Warm n safe" heat controllers. They make a stock seat heat elements so much hotter.

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

• kwthom
      kwthom commented
      Editing a comment
      Commercial version from EC: search for "Honda GL1800 (06-17) Heated Seat Amplifier"

Manual version: ~4.7 kilo ohm resistor in the thermistor return path on the seat heaters - one for rider, one for passenger required. Some info on this mod @ link: Heated Seat Mod
      Last edited by kwthom; 11-12-2019, 05:02 PM.

• Madrebel
      Madrebel commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh, yeah I’ve tried the amplifier. Same problem . It’s under warranty so I guess I need to take to the dealer.

• Rocky
      Rocky commented
      Editing a comment
      The toughest part of adding the better heat controllers is finding a place to mount the "Dials"

I made my own.

I would check with John Conneliy of Wingsoft to see if there any thing he could do for ya your problems may start with the electrical connection required to hook up to seat elements. Good Luck Ride Safe Ride A lot.

2018 DCT non tour, Pearl Stallion Brown, Double Darksider #856, Live To Ride, Love my Wing, IBA Member# 63744 Yellowbird Alias Coppertone

Have a look at Heat Demons. Add to your stock seat

I am interested in this as well, but i want to make the factory stuff work.. i'm guessing that its a matter of adding the button and maybe a pwm controller, as i would guess that the wiring and computer should already be in place.. but i cannot find anyone who can answer that question.

Originally posted by martymoe View Post
          I am interested in this as well, but i want to make the factory stuff work.. i'm guessing that its a matter of adding the button and maybe a pwm controller, as i would guess that the wiring and computer should already be in place.. but i cannot find anyone who can answer that question.
          You would be better off with aftermarket seat with heat. Adding all the Honda stuff would be a nightmare. JMHO
          PGR RIDE CAPTAIN.. UTAH

Originally posted by INTHEWIND View Post

You would be better off with aftermarket seat with heat. Adding all the Honda stuff would be a nightmare. JMHO
            I can't speak to the later model GW, but you're spot-on for an earlier model; would have to believe the same for a 2018-2020. I ordered an RDL seat with heat for my 08 Audio model and it was a snap to set up. RDL did everything but wire it to the bike (which was direct connect to the battery).
            2008 Red GW1800 -- NRA Life Member - American Legion PUFL, American Legion Riders
            USMC 21 YRS/9 MO and when dead, a dead Marine.
            US Four Corner Ride https://clayusmcret.blogspot.com/
            2014 Mid-States Ride https://mid-states.blogspot.com/
            2015 NC to UT/NV Ride https://2015nvride.blogspot.com/

50th State ridden on 19 Aug, 2016 DS #1584

The problem is like on my bike, a 2020 non-tour, the seat is part of the design of the bike with red highlights matching the bike. I like the way the OEM seat looks I just want to add heat.

In theory I can by a seat heat kit like the "Heat Demon" mentioned above and wire it in. It is self contained. The only thing I would want to do is replace their ugly looking on-off switch for the button option on the panel. If you could buy the button assembly from Honda you could just splice it in and you should have heat on the OEM seat using the on-off button on the panel. Click image for larger version

Name:	Seat with warmer.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	67.5 KB
ID:	139102 Click image for larger version

Name:	Seat Warmer.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	72.8 KB
ID:	139103

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page