X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2020 Honda Goldwing Annouced

https://powersports.honda.com/goldwing/2020/index.html

2020 Goldwing has been announced.
    Some colour changes (no blue available). A few tweaks.

No surprise here. "Nothing new/Changed"

At least Honda is consistent.
    Maker of the Rocky Tree & Comfort Risers.
    1986 GL1200 SEi (Restored)
    2004 GL1800

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

They added "improved grab handles", an "improved" glove box lock action, the glove box on the gas tank area, fog lights are now standard, and a USB port in the passenger area. The white has pin striping and a blacked out engine compartment....looks cool. Red/Black two tone other color choice, same as airbag from 2018/2019. 2020 Airbag has a black/gray two tone. I thought it odd they didn't announce a 45th anniversary edition. 2000 had a 25th anniversary....but I do not see a 35th anniversary so maybe....

Originally posted by Lewtrain View Post
        <...>I thought it odd they didn't announce a 45th anniversary edition. 2000 had a 25th anniversary....but I do not see a 35th anniversary so maybe....
        Marketing has really screwed over this timeline over the years...

1985 10th

1989 15th

1991 10th anniversary of made in America

1995 20th

1997 50th anniversary of Honda in USA

2000 25th

2005 30th

2015 40th

2020 45th - but if they're not doing anything this year, it's because the *big* one is coming up in 2025.
        Last edited by kwthom; 10-24-2019, 03:44 PM.
        Ken (IBA #50030) & Grace (IBA #62768)Tucson, AZ"Get busy living, or get busy dying." -Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption 1994ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕMy blog

• Drgsin
          Drgsin commented
          Editing a comment
          i hope. ill be ready to trade in by then

Looks like there was a 30th anny edition too, in 2005. I saw a bike for sale that had a 30th anny pop up on the LCD screen. I agree, 25th because of silver, no 35th, likely no 45th because the 50th will be a big one.

someone also mentioned this...

Internally, the 1,883cc flat six-cylinder engine has also been improved, with the fuel-injection system being optimized to aid low-speed manoeuvrability. Along with that, the DCT versions of the bike will receive updated software and hardware, again the focus here is low-speed control. The DCT package will also be available on the standard Goldwing model. This 3[/FONT][/COLOR]rd[COLOR=#221F20][FONT=Montserrat] generation DCT set up is also claimed to be smoother and quieter when shifting between gears, thanks to noise damping rubber bushes on both ends of the fork guide. Honda has also added damping material to the master arm, something they claim greatly reducing any impact sound during gear changes.

The GW old GWers wish Honda would make.

• Lewtrain
            Lewtrain commented
            Editing a comment
            Hondanews.com didn't mention any technical updates. Looks like I will have to Google it up. Thanks for the info!

• Dogbone
            Dogbone commented
            Editing a comment
            Any idea if the software update/upgrade for improved slow speed maneuverability/speed control, will be available/apply for the 2018 model years? Hope so. Would be a real (safety) improvement.

The 2015 was the 40th.

If you understand Honda's marketing strategy. Then you'd understand WHY they didn't release the 2020 as the 45th anniversary.

Reason: It didn't fit the Target market demographic.

Just read any thread here about the conversion riders, 1st time buyers of what they think is a Real goldwing?

Lipstick on a pig doesn't make it a Real Goldwing Touring bike, Just a copy.

My eyes don't lie to me.

Reality.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	548
Size:	35.2 KB
ID:	122080

Not even Close. (More like a new Scooter than a Real Goldwing.LOL)

Click image for larger version

Name:	Matt's Bikes.jpg
Views:	513
Size:	394.0 KB
ID:	122081

2004 GL1800

• Lewtrain
            Lewtrain commented
            Editing a comment
            Salty old dog this morning! I understand your point about marketing to a younger, thinner, less-bellied crowd would preclude referring to the NEW AGILE SPORT TOUR GOLDWING as 45 years old....but given the history kwthom posted of "anniversary" editions I hoped that because I turn 50 in 2020 and I am buying my first Goldwing for my 50th Honda would realize all this and make a special Goldwing to recognize these facts. ;-)

• Drgsin
            Drgsin commented
            Editing a comment
            hahahaha. i love that you cant get past that. very entertaining. so are you predicting a big fat hog sized GW for 2025? or will they continue to stay this size?

Lets not forget about the free now standard fog lights, colors are different nice but doesn't jump out at me. Got mine already and i am Happy Happy Happy. Ride Safe Ride A lot
          2018 DCT non tour, Pearl Stallion Brown, Double Darksider #856, Live To Ride, Love my Wing, IBA Member# 63744 Yellowbird Alias Coppertone

More information for your reading pleasure....
            The Honda Goldwing is to get a series of updates for 2020 including new colours and improved fuel-injection - Visordown is the world's fastest growing motorc...

Honda's web site is as useless as there NAV.

Call me a cynic.

On the Flipside
              At least Honda is fixing what they should have sorted out in the first place.
              seeing they started R&D in 2006.

1. Better grab handles.(Wow have gracious of them)
              2. Included Fog lights (Hell I got them free on my 1986 SEI)
              3. A few paints changes. Wow I'm not impressed. (2004 had 7 color choices-Only year for that many)
              4.Fuel remapping for better slow speed maneuverability. (Again, Why wasn't it resolved before they sold the first unit?)
              5. Upgraded suspension for tour 2-up? (Somehow I think Dannyboy will tell the sheep-They still need his suspension)
              Honda Ya ever go to any Wingding and see what your clientele looks like? LOL
              6. The black/grey tour looks rather nice, (Instead of the 18/19 AB model, copying the 2015 anniversary paint scheme for a third year)
              7. NAV updates?. How Generous Honda (Ah Waze gives you updates when they are updated to the app for FREE)

ROTFLMAO at the sheep that thought they would get vast improvements in 2020.

But I'll give Credit where Credit is due.

Honda "Thank you ever so much" for saving me the grief your customers go through on your so called Flagship motorcycle.

I'm glad I didn't drink the cool-aid and sell my Perfectly set up GOLDWING.

2004 GL1800

They dropped the red & blue colours from the lineup?? Are they nuts or what?? That 2 tone paint scheme looks bloody awful!

• Drgsin
                  Drgsin commented
                  Editing a comment
                  the gray black look nice, no?

They did not discontinue the DCT transmittin?
                2013 Red Airbag 1800

• Cruiseman
                  Cruiseman commented
                  Editing a comment
                  They are more likely to discontinue to the manual.

• Tony in AZ
                  Tony in AZ commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Will Honda bring the manual trans back (if dropped) when & if a high rate of DCT failures start happening with higher age and miles?

I' m just thankful that there's no real reason to sell my current 2013 Goldwing. Also, if I really wanted a new Goldwing, there do seem to be plenty of 2018's available at ever increasing discounts at your local Honda Dealer.

• Drgsin
                  Drgsin commented
                  Editing a comment
                  there never will be for you, at least not if youre looking for a bigger bike.

Originally posted by Gold Winger View Post
                They dropped the red & blue colours from the lineup?? Are they nuts or what?? That 2 tone paint scheme looks bloody awful!
                And white looks like a cops bike. Hey kids, let's play Chips. Who wants to be Ponch? Who wants to be John?

Never been a fan of white for ANY vehicle . . . nothing sexy about that color!

Originally posted by Gold Winger View Post
                    Never been a fan of white for ANY vehicle . . . nothing sexy about that color!
                    To Honda's credit. "White" is the only color that doesn't show the swirl marks,like they do is every other of the few colors.
                    In the cheap paint process they used.

OTOH--
                    Cheap paint doesn't matter to the "The bike only gets washed when it rains guys"

2004 GL1800

I had to take Rocky off ignore to see what the lamer was throwing up over this news and see him comparing the most useless motorcycle ever made to one of the best efforts I've seen in 25 years. If it was truly the best selling motorcycle in full size fat ***** Touring in the class of tonnage they would own the market. But they don't in reality. They sold so bad folks are still finding the fat log wagons on dealer floors with enough buttons in the cockpit to falsely rep a 1960 Cessna high winger. Forks that would be better if made out of starch. Anti-dive that almost all dealers and few owners understand. Almost Harley type victorian engineering there. Brakes that went through a true fed backed recall and it took them how long to fix... Well truth be known they never fixed them. Wood and rotors make smoke real fast. OOO and the head shake issue that took them almost 5 years to work out. But most don't know about 5th gen head shake because they are almost always blocking traffic on straight roads and should be hit with a whip on cutting two lanes. Great to see fat bikes laid over on the dragon or healed over in the Ozarks or huffing for air in the once near great state of california. The reality is and modern photos don't see. They are slower than a Puch moped and stop no better. And then there was the overheating issue. It took Honda about as long to figure out the last gen Wing as it takes Harley to figure something out. And BMW just flat out does not care. And Rocky knowing what a real Sport Touring bike is? The ST1300 was and is the laughing stock of the Sport Touring bikes. It is a complete failure as a go fast bagged touring bike. As a owner of a 2019 FJR1300 old school sport touring bike. My 2018 Wing can't even touch it as a go and blow ride. And the FJR is very dated. But it will still do a wheelie when any modern Wing runs out of steam. And has a suspension system that can be adjusted on the fly. No nanny Honda BS from the idiots in Torrance, CA. Rocky you're so full of BS. I would love to meet your worthless ass in person. I will be at Wing Ding in Springfield... Hope to see your trash ass there chump!
                      Ride or Die!

• Rocky
                        Rocky commented
                        Editing a comment
                        "I would love to meet your worthless ass in person. I will be at Wing Ding in Springfield... Hope to see your trash ass there chump!"

Are you Threatening me assh*le??

Big talk for a Loudmouth Clown hiding behind a keyboard.

Tell your blow up doll to bring some depends, you'll need them!!.

Geesh . . . not a friend of Rocky?? A little harsh, no??

ROTFLMBO @ the ranting psycho.

Loons like you who talk out there arse,are pretty funny. Just knowing I made another idiot make a post like that.
                        Says "I'm doing my part very well"

I was thinking. "This guy is a real nutjob" Then you confirmed my suspicion,when you said you go to Wing Ding(s)!!

You have to be the Biggest Tool on the Planet that didn't get the memo-
                        That I'd ever go to the Fat men struggling to walk with oxygen tanks convention.
                        Just so you can hit me in the shins with your walker,Or if you got money?,Your electric cart. to get my attention.

Take your meds and go lay down. when you wake up you'll feel better.

BTW dumbass. the purpose of the "Ignore" list is to "IGNORE"
                        Couldn't do it could you huh??

BTW, in the rare case I'd change my mind. How many pins on your vest So I'll be able to identify you?
                        ************************************************** *******
                        2004 GL1800

• Madrebel
                          Madrebel commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Should be easy to identify, the keyboard warrior with the pacifier in his mouth. 😄

Rocky: Maybe P**sy will be wearing his pins with his bros along for fun?
                        2013 Red Airbag 1800

• Rocky
                          Rocky commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I hear ya Tony.
                          These sensitive types are real hard core pansies.