Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aftermarket seat

I’m the proud owner of a new 2018 DCT Tour. My last Goldwing was a 1977. They have come a long way, but the seat hasn’t.
    Is there anyone in the Georgia area that has a Wingsoft or Corbin seat, that is willing to let me sit on your bike to feel the difference? I’m willing to ride to meet you to see and feel the difference. The closest store for Corbin is over 6 hours.
    I called Corbin today and they said the new seats, in the next 4-6 weeks, will use the Honda wiring. I don’t mind spending the extra money, if it’s worth it.
    Thanks for any advise.

From what i am reading your best bet would be to send it out to Wingsoft he gives you the best bang for your buck. As for me i am not having any issues with my seat yet only have a little over 6000 miles on mine not much long distance riding yet thats were you feel it. These things are still new yet not many companies have come out with seat upgrades yet. Ride Safe Ride A-lot

2018 DCT non tour, Pearl Stallion Brown, Double Darksider #856, Live To Ride, Love my Wing, IBA Member# 63744 Yellowbird Alias Coppertone

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

Originally posted by Yellowbird View Post
      From what i am reading your best bet would be to send it out to Wingsoft he gives you the best bang for your buck. As for me i am not having any issues with my seat yet only have a little over 6000 miles on mine not much long distance riding yet thats were you feel it. These things are still new yet not many companies have come out with seat upgrades yet. Ride Safe Ride A-lot
      That's exactly the route I am taking. John Connelly has my seat right now. I've never sat on an OEM seat on any of the bikes I've owned and said to myself "perfect". The Honda seat on the Gen 6 isn't all that bad but it could be better. The Wingsoft treatment seams to be that middle ground option before sinking some serious change into an aftermarket option (which is not that mature yet).

I bought a corbin for mine and love it. plays well with the stock heating elements and looks great. i was completely fine with my stock seat at first. did a 5,000 mile trip, 1200 in 24 hrs and had no issues. as time went by though it started acting up. longest ive done with this new seat is 600 miles. i thought about the wingsoft route but shelling out 600 bones and then having to buy a new corbin anyways, wouldve hurt my feelings even more, so i didnt take the chance.

The GW old GWers wish Honda would make.

Originally posted by Drgsin View Post
          I bought a corbin for mine and love it. plays well with the stock heating elements and looks great. i was completely fine with my stock seat at first. did a 5,000 mile trip, 1200 in 24 hrs and had no issues. as time went by though it started acting up. longest ive done with this new seat is 600 miles. i thought about the wingsoft route but shelling out 600 bones and then having to buy a new corbin anyways, wouldve hurt my feelings even more, so i didnt take the chance.
          I could only dream of doing 600 miles in a day. Holy smokes. Best I have been able to do on an upgraded Harley seat was 325 and I darn near went to the emergency room in traction. I think I was literally numb at about 250. The Corbin I had on my Victory Vegas got me 100 and that was mainly do to the mono shock right under the rider. Beat the crap out of ya.

• Drgsin
            Drgsin commented
            Editing a comment
            hahahahahaha

Thanks for all the comments. I’m ready to get off bike and walk around after an hour and half. I’m still not sure, but leaning towards Corbin seat. They were so comfortable back in the day.
          This bike is pretty special. I’m getting use to the DCT, it’s definitely a learning curve. I’m able to store 2 full face helmets in trunk. They are large and medium, and yes it’s a tight fit. Enjoy everyday, life is short!

On my 2013 F6B I had the Corbin (Smuggler) but the seat was to hard for me I could only ride for a couple of hours. Then i sent my seat to Russell Day Long and they put (they called them wings) and what a difference my butt didn't hurt anymore it took the pressure off my tail bone now it's like riding my couch. When I get my new bike a RDL seat will be on it. What I don't under stand is Honda seat is so uncomfortable on their top of the line motorcycle....

I have close to 1500 miles in three weeks and have had no issues with the seat......My VTX seat brought me to tears after 50 miles.....so I went on a long, 250 mile, ride a few weeks ago and had no problems. I added a backrest for more comfort. If you have just a little discomfort, try Monkey Butt powder, and/or MotoSkiveez underwear......it is well padded and worth it.

An AirHawk seat cushion + an ‘Alaskan Leather’ sheepskin butt pad on top and I am golden! 600+ miles a day for a week with my group . . . miles & miles of smiles!
                Total cost: $200 No need to spend $1300+ on an overpriced Corbin??

Originally posted by Gold Winger View Post
                  An AirHawk seat cushion + an ‘Alaskan Leather’ sheepskin butt pad on top and I am golden! 600+ miles a day for a week with my group . . . miles & miles of smiles!
                  Total cost: $200 No need to spend $1300+ on an overpriced Corbin??
                  Send me a link to that sheepskin you bought for the wing. I'm already a member of the Airhawk club.

Originally posted by Kaptain Khaos View Post

Send me a link to that sheepskin you bought for the wing. I'm already a member of the Airhawk club.
                  Here ya go:
                  https://alaskaleather.com/collection...iant=874996293

Originally posted by Gold Winger View Post
                    This has got to be the funniest sales pitch I have read in a very long time.

Keep your buttbones from burning! Our Sheepskin Buttpads® will keep you cool in the summer and warm in cold weather! They are easy on - easy off, there are no moving parts, they have a universal fit, are not affected by rain, and you can use them to wipe bugs off your windshield or as a pillow for camping. Even more, they are affordable.

When I lay my head down, The last thing I want is to smell my own ass. in fact, the thought itself is just wrong!
                    Maker of the Rocky Tree & Comfort Risers.
                    1986 GL1200 SEi (Restored)
                    2004 GL1800

Originally posted by Rocky View Post

This has got to be the funniest sales pitch I have read in a very long time.

Keep your buttbones from burning! Our Sheepskin Buttpads® will keep you cool in the summer and warm in cold weather! They are easy on - easy off, there are no moving parts, they have a universal fit, are not affected by rain, and you can use them to wipe bugs off your windshield or as a pillow for camping. Even more, they are affordable.

When I lay my head down, The last thing I want is to smell my own ass. in fact, the thought itself is just wrong!
                      Ahhh, but it is comfortable on the seat.

Edited to add: I didn't need it on my RDL seat, but it (and the Airhawk both) helped wonders on the OEM seat.
                      2008 Red GW1800 -- NRA Life Member - American Legion PUFL, American Legion Riders
                      USMC 21 YRS/9 MO and when dead, a dead Marine.
                      US Four Corner Ride https://clayusmcret.blogspot.com/
                      2014 Mid-States Ride https://mid-states.blogspot.com/
                      2015 NC to UT/NV Ride https://2015nvride.blogspot.com/

50th State ridden on 19 Aug, 2016 DS #1584

• Rocky
                        Rocky commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I'm sure everyone knows I'm a hardass. (buns of steel ya know)
                        I have no comfort problem with my 12 year old OEM heated seat.

I do use my removable Beads in the heat of the summer for AC. (I cut the straps off)

I have customers remove the dead animals from their seat, before I'll test ride their bike.

No one ever said those living in Alaska were normal.

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page