Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Major issues with a new DCT non tour.

With less than 300 miles on the Bike, I was stopped on a 4 lane highway in 85 dg temp. No error lights , in Tour 1. Opened throttle and bike stalled with a Clutch temp warning light . After several harrowing moments and five recycling of the ignition I finally got a Tour Neutral and was able to shift into first and drove normally. Happened several more times but was able to get home. I do not beleive the clutch temp is the issue, Bike was not overheated and no clutch temp warning.
    So I initialized the DCT and hoped that solved the problem, but a new problem cropped up. After stopping on a normal ride, I get 4 flashing squares and indication of first gear. bike will move, but remain in first gear and not shift Today I experienced both problems at different times. I have also taken several rides with no problems.. Ths happened over the weekend, and closest dealer opens tomorrow , but curious if anyone lse has experienced any of the above. Bill

Did you have in the auto shifting mode or were you manually shifting maybe you didn't shift it properly and the speed limiter shut your motor down. If your riding in the manual mode you have to shift it properly it will shut down just as you describe. I haven't played around with the manual shifting yet on mine yet having way to much fun riding it in auto mode and i have 2000 miles on mine.
    2010 Pearl Yellow L3, Double Darksider #856, Ultimate Midrider Seat w Yellow inlays, F4+4 Tinted, Live To Ride, Love my Wing

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

Yellowbird may have the answer, I inadvertently hit the manual tab when making a corner and it took me a bit to realize it. Also, double check your fluid level. There's some confusion on proper filling.

Not in manual mode or overrevving. Was stopped with indicator in Tour 1. As I said, no warning indicators, gave throttle to accelerate from stop and dissengages and flashes clutch temp. .

Take it to the dealer before you wreck your brand new wing....

mattbcnv
          2018 Pearl Stallion Brown DCT

Originally posted by Mattbcnv View Post
            Take it to the dealer before you wreck your brand new wing....

mattbcnv
            I agree. The internet isn't equipped to solve a Honda Warranty issue.

OTOH. to CYA.

Start a file on this bike through Honda. "After" you take it to a Dealer to be checked out!.

https://powersports.honda.com/questions/customer.aspx

Honda Motorcycle Customer Support by telephone at 866-784-1870, Monday - Friday 8:30 - 4:30 PST.

You may not like the truth but that don't change it!

When Life hands you a Curve - Lean into it!!.

Maker of the 01-17 GL1800
            "Rocky Tree & Comfort Risers".

I know this sounds elementary, but have you checked the oil level? Some Wings left the factory with dangerously little oil and not sure how the DCT might react in a situation like that.
              GOLDWING AND F6B MAINTENANCE VIDEOS
              Save $1000 a year in labor by doing your own maintenance!

Website | YouTube | 2001-2017 Videos | 2018+ Videos

Your so right yesterday at work i some how stalled my wing it just started acting weird tried resetting the switch at lease three time before i could get it to start for me. The last cycle i hit the neutral button and it started up for me strange but there are a lot safety figures i need to figure out. But its Still the best ride on earth.
                2010 Pearl Yellow L3, Double Darksider #856, Ultimate Midrider Seat w Yellow inlays, F4+4 Tinted, Live To Ride, Love my Wing

Well Cruiseman, you get a Goldwing star. Turned out oil was low as delivered and interesting that when the machine was hot, it showed about midstick. Probably maybe a few degrees off level. Checking the oil carefully after a few minutes of warmup from cold, showed low oil . Added a quart and all is well. I remembered your comment as I was a about to trailer bike to a dealer 2 hours away and leave it for a week. You saved me a ton of grief. Many thanks, Bill

I went over all my oil levels with the technician prior to buying the motorcycle i read about the low levels coming out of factories on this site. Now i have a good idea what to expect if my oil levels get low. The only other issue i had was a over tightened oil filter which i took back to my dealer and let them handle it.

Originally posted by Yellowbird View Post
                      I went over all my oil levels with the technician prior to buying the motorcycle i read about the low levels coming out of factories on this site. Now i have a good idea what to expect if my oil levels get low. The only other issue i had was a over tightened oil filter which i took back to my dealer and let them handle it.
                      You are the second person I have heard talk about the over-tightened oil filter. The other owner said he had to destroy the oil filter to get it off, and was not sure it would even come off.
                      GOLDWING AND F6B MAINTENANCE VIDEOS
                      Save $1000 a year in labor by doing your own maintenance!

Website | YouTube | 2001-2017 Videos | 2018+ Videos

After reading the initial issue. and the out come from the OP.

I'm thinking someone from the Chevrolet "Vega" division ,is now employed at Honda?

Owners manual page 339.3 sub chapter 1.21. "Engine shuts off while riding"

Pull safely to the side of road.

Wait 3 minutes.
                        Place bike on center stand "If equipped"

"Check oil" for proper level?.

Note to self.
                        Make room in the cramped saddlebag, for an extra Qt of "Emergency No Start Oil"
                        ************************************************** *******
                        You may not like the truth but that don't change it!

When Life hands you a Curve - Lean into it!!.

Maker of the 01-17 GL1800
                        "Rocky Tree & Comfort Risers".

Funny how oil affects a mechanical device that requires a proper level. Plus the fact, owners think oil levels and checking is covered under warranty.
                          PGR RIDE CAPTAIN.. UTAH

The 1972 Vega was Motor Trend car of the year for the wonderful tech for the time that worked out great for that car :-( the 2018 Goldwing I believe is going that direction as well. Too bad they fouled up the good to add bad features.

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
                            widgetinstance 272 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X