Still learning about this bike.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still learning about this bike.

Seem to remember someone complaining about losing the connection between the bike and the Bluetooth headset if the bike is turned off. Found out today when stopped to get gas, if you turn the On Off knob to Acc (accessory) you will maintain your Bluetooth connection. Was listening to music at the time while stopped to fuel up. The next part is unclear to me. Not sure how I got the bike started again? I either turned the knob to On or hit the start button. Actually, I think I did both but not sure which one got it fired up? Duh. Will have to try this again and figure it out.
    Also, if you don't turn off the headset and turn off the bike, when you do turn the bike back on, the headset (mine is the Cardo Freecom1) will reconnect automatically, (you don't have to re-pair the headset), but not the iPhone/CarPlay. Need to disconnect the USB cable and reconnect to get CarPlay back.
    2018 Gold Wing DCT Tour in Pearl Hawkseye Blue. Goldstrike LED Trunk Light Kit. Electrical Connection Fog Lights. Show Chrome GT Tour Multifunction LED Cowl Light Kit.

I do the same thing. Once the switch is in the Acc position, turning it to the right again puts it back to On and you can hit the start switch.

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

Originally posted by trewm View Post
      I do the same thing. Once the switch is in the Acc position, turning it to the right again puts it back to On and you can hit the start switch.
      Thanks for the heads up. Don't have to go experimenting now. Yeah.
      2018 Gold Wing DCT Tour in Pearl Hawkseye Blue. Goldstrike LED Trunk Light Kit. Electrical Connection Fog Lights. Show Chrome GT Tour Multifunction LED Cowl Light Kit.

Also, from page 111 of Owners Manual: "Quick Engine Starting"..Make sure the status of the Honda SMART Key is active (P56) and enter the operating range. (P57) !b While applying the brake lever or pedal firmly, press and hold the start button until engine starts.

I changed the oil and both filters. Put in about 5qts after running the bike it showed very low on oil. I started it up and put it in drive, tried to get it to shift to second. Would not happen, shifted to manual and tried still would not shift to second. Seems with the bike on the centerstand it will not allow the boke to shift up. I added oil and rode the bike shifted fine, another lesson learned.

Originally posted by jpwpar View Post
            I changed the oil and both filters. Put in about 5qts after running the bike it showed very low on oil. I started it up and put it in drive, tried to get it to shift to second. Would not happen, shifted to manual and tried still would not shift to second. Seems with the bike on the centerstand it will not allow the boke to shift up. I added oil and rode the bike shifted fine, another lesson learned.
            You over filled it, not good.
            The reason it wouldn't shift on the centerstand is the front wheel has to be turning.

Take out the extra oil you put in.
            Don't overthink it, put in the required 4.9 quarts and ride it.
            PGR RIDE CAPTAIN.. UTAH

Doug, re shutdown and CarPlay: On your iPhone go to Settings/general/CarPlay/ Honda Goldwing and turn on Allow CarPlay While Locked. Then you can start up without the hassle. But if you walk out of range with your headset (getting fuel receipt) then I have had spotty results. Sometime reconnect sometimes not. That’s a mystery to me.

Originally posted by Denman46 View Post
                Doug, re shutdown and CarPlay: On your iPhone go to Settings/general/CarPlay/ Honda Goldwing and turn on Allow CarPlay While Locked. Then you can start up without the hassle. But if you walk out of range with your headset (getting fuel receipt) then I have had spotty results. Sometime reconnect sometimes not. That’s a mystery to me.
                I have it set up that way already. Is that what's lets the headset reconnect automatically after turning off and then turning the bike back on again?

• Denman46
                  Denman46 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Probably.
                  But, I use a Sena 30K. My Headset always reconnects if I shut down the bike (Off, not Acc) and then turn the bike back on. If I must walk inside for a gas receipt, I leave the headset on the bike, and the phone in the cubby, connected to the bike. When I come back out and start the bike, reconnection and CarPlay start back up again. I sometimes leave it on Acc, as others have noted, but I generally just turn the ignition off. Sometimes I need to be patient for 30 seconds, but I’ve never had to disconnect the phone and reconnect to get CarPlay working again. If I turn the headset off, then I have to do the dance again to wait for the headset to reconnect, then unlock the phone, and plug it in again. I expected the Allow CarPlay while locked to allow connection without unlocking prior to connection, but that seems not to be the logic of that mode. But in many respects, logic is lacking in Honda’s user interface.

• Doug Bohman
                  Doug Bohman commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Guess I need to be more patient. So far I have not had CarPlay reconnect on its own after turning off the bike. Will try it.
              Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page