clerwater darla lights

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clerwater darla lights

Anybody install Clearwater Darla LED driving lights in the Honda provided location. Had these on my BMW R1200RT and they were superb on that bike. 2000 lumens each. Wondering how involved the install will be on a 2019 GW tour.

Like this??

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5112_720x.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	41.8 KB
ID:	115055

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

• Drgsin
      Drgsin commented
      Editing a comment
      i like the 2000 lumens.
      is this your bike?

• kwthom
      kwthom commented
      Editing a comment
      Nope, not mine.

https://www.clearwaterlights.com/pro...honda-goldwing

Click image for larger version

Name:	Lights.JPG
Views:	180
Size:	127.1 KB
ID:	115067
    You may not like the truth but that don't change it!

When Life hands you a Curve - Lean into it!!.

That is my plan! I’ll be installing them in a month or so. I wonder about using the rubber trim like EC fog lights do for a finished look.

Very nice .... I’m gonna get me a pair, as long as they behave with the canbus.... also do the brackets fit the 2018?

mattbcnv
        2018 Pearl Stallion Brown DCT

They have a mounting kit for the 2018+, so I expect the fit to be excellent. I had a chance to experience the darlas in person on a friends gs1200. They are very bright.

Originally posted by Encmerk View Post
            That is my plan! I’ll be installing them in a month or so. I wonder about using the rubber trim like EC fog lights do for a finished look.
            good idea about the trip piece, i just hate how far they stick out

• kwthom
              kwthom commented
              Editing a comment
              Quite a bit of heatsink behind the light that needs to have some airflow around it...

The Guppy eye look is the new Black.
            You may not like the truth but that don't change it!

When Life hands you a Curve - Lean into it!!.

I sent a request to Clearwater concerning instillation of the Darla lights. I could find no install instructions or info on how these are controlled on the site. They sent a reply stating they have not finalized instructions in written form yet. I would not buy these yet until a finalized product is available. Sales support did not answer my question about how they are controlled on the 2018/2019 Goldwing. They did say the low & high power settings are programmable but no specific info on how they interface with the Honda FBW control systems. The Clearwater lights are well integrated for BMW's with many options which use the stock BMW switchgear for programming and control. These are great high quality lights and I will wait to see what Clearwater comes up with clear instructions.

I also looked at the socal multifunction lights which look to be very high quality but it looks like they work the same way the Honda driving lights do in that they turn off when the high beams are turned on. I need all the light I can get on backroads at night and this feature is a non starter for me.

Check GL1800 Goldwing forum concerning mounting Darlas on a 2018 GW. Do a search for Darlas or Clearwater and look for post with photos by Blue Bird Bill.
                Last edited by Harley Rider; 1 week ago. Reason: Deleted link to other forum.

• Rocky
                  Rocky commented
                  Editing a comment
                  FYI- You are not allowed to post any links to that board on here. (House rules)

BTW randy, your a hypocrite for trash talking this board over there. (Thanks for the entertainment)

Every forum has rules about posting links.

You don't like it,don't let the door hit you!!

Originally posted by Harley Rider View Post
                Here is a link to another GW forum concerning mouhting Darlas on a 2018 GW. Look for post with photos by Blue Bird Bill.

https://gl1800riders/forums/193-...er-lights.html
                The link doesn't work

• kwthom
                  kwthom commented
                  Editing a comment
                  ...on purpose.
              Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page