Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello!!! New Here

Hello Folks.

I wanted to introduce myself. I am looking at purchasing a 2018 and I am learning as much as I can from this site.

The only thing holding me up is the color choice. All three colors look nice but the white seems to be sharper and shows the lines more. I have never owned a white vehicle so not sure how white would hold up against time vs the other colors.

I have never seen a faded Goldwing not matter what color.

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

welcome aboard! youll love the bike. i have the white and am glad i chose it. as you stated, it accentuates the lines of the bike. so far its held well but i only have about 7000 miles on it. some people have had issues with the other colors but everyone ive met or know with a new GW hasnt had any problems with their color bikes. obviously the darker colors, especialy the black and blue, will need to be taken care of even more.

Welcome aboard. I've got the blue cause it's my favorite color and, yes, it does take more care to keep it clean, but it sparkles in the sunlight! If you haven't actually bought your wing yet, I'll make one suggestion. Because the 2018 -19s are still so new, many dealerships have no experience working on them. I'd ask/look/investigate around to find a dealer you feel confident is going to be able to service the bike when the time comes.
        2018 Gold Wing DCT Tour in Pearl Hawkseye Blue. Goldstrike LED Trunk Light Kit. Electrical Connection Fog Lights. Show Chrome GT Tour Multifunction LED Cowl Light Kit.

I'm on my 2nd white Goldwing. Never had an issue with the paint.

Welcome to the site its the best bike ever got mine on the 7th of this month have a little over 1200 miles on it cant put it away. This is my second wing my first one was a 2010 nice but nothing like these new ones, go get your self one y'all love it. Good Luck and Welcome
            2010 Pearl Yellow L3, Double Darksider #856, Ultimate Midrider Seat w Yellow inlays, F4+4 Tinted, Live To Ride, Love my Wing

Thank you all. So I went back to the dealer yesterday and the salesman, great guy, brought two MTs he had out on the sun. White and Red. And also a Blue fury which is the same blue color as the gw. After looking at all I was still more confused as they all look great but the white kept jumping at me. So a white DCT tour is in order and should be here in a week or so. The dealer I go to moves a lot of wings and they work on them all the time. Can’t wait to get my hands on it.

• Drgsin
                Drgsin commented
                Editing a comment
                congratulations! great choice in color. dont listen to the red guys. honda reduced their limiters to 92 so they wouldnt hurt themselves and anyone else.

congrats on the white one, but the red is faster

Originally posted by kc classic View Post
                congrats on the white one, but the red is faster
                And the blue is prettier.
                2018 Gold Wing DCT Tour in Pearl Hawkseye Blue. Goldstrike LED Trunk Light Kit. Electrical Connection Fog Lights. Show Chrome GT Tour Multifunction LED Cowl Light Kit.

Originally posted by Doug Bohman View Post

And the blue is prettier.
                  i cant argue that...at times it is. for a minute, i regretted not buying the blue one. then i read somewhere that all the plastic was about 2500(which seems too cheap), so im thinking of getting some blue ones to change it up from time to time.

Welcome aboard. Grab some & and enjoy the show.

BTW. The White paint has so far held up the best.(Against swirl visable marks)

While the other colors are nice, Many have opted for a custom color re-paint ($2000A HOR) to make their bike unique.

A word to the wise though.

I'd give a real serious look at depending on your skill set?
                    Having the 3M Paint protection kit installed over your paint to protect that investment, and to keep your bike looking great as long as you own it.

https://thetankslapper.biz/gl1800-to...-2019-edition/

Congrats on the new Bike.
                    You may not like the truth but that don't change it!

When Life hands you a Curve - Lean into it!!.

I'm just glad Matt didn't see this and start talking about his Pearl Stallion Brown or whatever. He starts getting pretty excited. Kinda scary.

Anybody vinyl wrap a 2018+ yet?
                        '03 GL1800A | Porsche 968 | Ford F-150 | Skidoo GSX (2) | Seadoo GTI (2) | Suzuki ATV (2)
                        A.A.O.N.M.S. | NRA Endowment | Gun Owners of America | Oath Keepers

Originally posted by tamathumper View Post
                          Anybody vinyl wrap a 2018+ yet?
                          Honda did.

Click image for larger version

Name:	22688046_1882620938433666_1786788148330287678_n.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	115301Click image for larger version

Name:	22688559_1882616935100733_2927621980893303321_n.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	115302Click image for larger version

Name:	22688392_1882620918433668_1957345181009399053_n.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	71.0 KB
ID:	115303

************************************************** *******
                          You may not like the truth but that don't change it!

When Life hands you a Curve - Lean into it!!.

• Rocky
                            Rocky commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Be the first on your block to try it and see how long it lasts??

I like to "Work smarter - Not Harder"

• Doug Bohman
                            Doug Bohman commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Don't like being a guinea pig. Rather build on the work of experience.

• Rocky
                            Rocky commented
                            Editing a comment
                            You bought a new bike, Don't play the cheap card now?

You gave me a new Label for my junk box. "Guinea Pig Collection Fails"

Well, the white is home. I took it out for a short loop (120miles) and it was awesome. My chin still hurts from smiling. This is so much closer to my ST1300 than to the previous wing so I agree with Rocky on the ST1800 name. Its an awesome bike. The first thing I need to do is put on some highway pegs to rest my legs on long highway stretches. Also, I will need to figure out why sometimes my cardo ptb disconnects from the bike when I turn my head to the left.

• Drgsin
                            Drgsin commented
                            Editing a comment
                            awesome! congrats. this thing puts a smile on my face even after all this time. my other bikes are a handful to ride. fun, but work. this one is care free.

They wrap million dollar cars. itd last..unless you go to walmart and buy cabinet lining paper and do it on your own.

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page