Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New guy here

I’m new to the forum. I just bought a 2019 goldwing tour and it is my first wing. I’ve been learning a lot from YouTube and now I’ve been browsing the forums. The last 5 bikes I’ve owned were Harley touring bikes. The one I just traded in was an 18 Road Glide Ultra. It was top heavy and my wife and I rode a lot. Bumper to bumper traffic has been horrible on it, between the heavy hydraulic clutch lever and the fighting it to keep it balanced from stop and go stop and go. I just wasn’t happy. I literally almost couldn’t get to where I needed to go in bad traffic because my left hand and forearm had so much lactic acid pumped in there I couldn’t hardly pull the clutch in anymore. So when I heard that the goldwing DCT was getting good reviews I was thinking not having a clutch might be nice. Definitely the bike being lighter and better balanced would be nice. My wife wasn’t onboard with the idea at first because she liked the RGU.
    Well I talked her into going with me to look at the new wing. I said we don’t have to buy it let’s just go look at it. Well we took it for a test ride and we were pleasantly surprised on how smooth it was over our bike. The handling was way better. It’s very nimble and flickable compared to ours. She ended up really liking it and so did I. It fixed all the issues I had with my bike. The Honda guy made me a deal I couldn’t refuse. I couldn’t believe how easy he was to deal with. It took 15 minutes to get everything approved and another 15 minutes to sign all paperwork and out the door we went on our new ride.
    ive already installed the helibars duo risers and that took 30-45 minutes after watching an installation video. My only new concern is this seat. We rode for 3 hours yesterday and I was hurting. My wife actually likes it better but her knees weren’t happy. She said her position is different like her feet were kicked back under her knees more which made them hurt after sitting so long in that position. Has anyone tried the Honda custom seat for these new wings yet? Is it any more comfortable? Is there anything that will allow my wife to put her feet more forward? I know I need highway pegs or something and a backrest.
    thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Max from Traxxion Dynamics makes a kit to move the top trunk back a little. That would allow the passenger feet to be a little bit forward.
    Wingsoft does a quick seat mod. Also Seth Laam and Russell day long are good seat mods.

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

• JJ’sWING
      JJ’sWING commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks! I’ll check into those.

on your new GW and welcome to the forum. Plenty of info here on the 2018-2019 GW
    When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.
    Jimi Hendrix
    Vietnam Veteran, Patriot Guard Rider

Thank you!

You might try these: http://wingstuff.com/products/38071-...otrests_stands

Congrats to your new Ride your going to love more each time you ride it. Best of luck to ya Enjoy
          2018 DCT non tour, Pearl Stallion Brown, Double Darksider #856, Live To Ride, Love my Wing, IBA Member# 63744 Yellowbird Alias Coppertone

congratulations! youre the perfect convert. HD, stop and go traffic, heavy bikes. skip the Honda "custom" seat. its just a higher priced version of what you have. wingsoft is the least expensive and quickest fix. a lot of people like it. Russells are WAY more expensive and can take weeks but theyre loved by all who buy them. there are passenger foot pegs to have your wife stretch a bit but her feet may run into yours.

Originally posted by MaddogMike View Post
              That’s a good find! That may actually work since the position is adjustable. She may be able to leave the stock boards up and just use these in whatever position she likes. Thank you for that!

Originally posted by Drgsin View Post
                congratulations! youre the perfect convert. HD, stop and go traffic, heavy bikes. skip the Honda "custom" seat. its just a higher priced version of what you have. wingsoft is the least expensive and quickest fix. a lot of people like it. Russells are WAY more expensive and can take weeks but theyre loved by all who buy them. there are passenger foot pegs to have your wife stretch a bit but her feet may run into yours.
                All these aftermarket seats are so expensive! I was looking at Corbin but with everything out the door it was going to be over $1600. I’m looking at ultimate seats now but can’t find any reviews on the new wing with their seat.

• Drgsin
                  Drgsin commented
                  Editing a comment
                  yea, theyre definitely expensive, most if not all, well beyond $1000 but everyone swears by them. someone on here has a russell day long that would go PERFECTLY on my bike. i havent had any issues with mine but man, that thing is gorgeous.

• Drgsin
                  Drgsin commented
                  Editing a comment

go to the other goldwing forum. There is a write up about ultimate seats going on right now

Originally posted by kc classic View Post
                  go to the other goldwing forum. There is a write up about ultimate seats going on right now
                  What’s the name of the other goldwing forum?

I sent you a PM

Great I just bought my GL 1800 2018 wing last week. Can anyone help with this question. I loaded up my phone numbers but it seems once the bike starts rolling I can't use the phone for outgoing or incoming. Is that correct?

• Drgsin
                        Drgsin commented
                        Editing a comment
                        welcome and congrats. yes, youre supposed to be able to place and receive calls while riding. start your own thread on it and lets figure this out.

I loaded my telephone book. Then I selected fast dials. I understand that the general telephone book is not accessible if the bike is rolling. But if I receive a phone call from my fast dial list will that appear and I'd be able to answer it

Also any good suggestions for an additional footpeg so I can move my legs back and forth. I have a 2018 GL1800.

Originally posted by Drakewilliams View Post
                          I loaded my telephone book. Then I selected fast dials. I understand that the general telephone book is not accessible if the bike is rolling. But if I receive a phone call from my fast dial list will that appear and I'd be able to answer it
                          Yes, you can answer incoming calls while the bike is moving. You cannot place outgoing calls.
                          Martin

• Drgsin
                            Drgsin commented
                            Editing a comment
                            yes you can..and send/receive texts. through carplay

Bike Solutions LLC. A Retired Army patriot does a great mod to the seat and back rest for a fair price. He is one of two that can modify the heated seat. See is pitch at www.bikesolutionsllc.com. Give him some consideration.

• Drgsin
                            Drgsin commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Wingsoft. He gets a lot of play around here. well known as an option.

Welcome. Lots of experienced riders with lots of good advice. Enjoy.
                          2018 Gold Wing DCT Tour in Pearl Hawkseye Blue. Goldstrike LED Trunk Light Kit, Electrical Connection Fog Light Kit, Show Chrome GT Tour Multifunction LED Cowl Light Kit, Show Chrome Isolation Fuse Block, Show Chrome Seat Bungee Tie Down Brackets, Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Decoupling Kit, Traxxion Dynamics Dip Stick Extender, Traxxion Dynamics Steering Lock Pin, Traxxion Dynamics Kick Stand Pad, Slip Streamer Clear Wraparound Touring Windshield, Utopia Driver Backrest. Show Chrome Marker Lights.

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page