How many of you now running a Legal Headlight Modulator.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HondaNutRider View Post
    Couldn't help but comment on this thread. As many of you already know, I am strongly opposed to these "pulsing" lights. While they are definitely good at getting you seen, many people spot them and think you are an emergency/police vehicle and panic or pull over. That is not good. It isn't good for the rest of us who ride sensibly and are on the look-out for inattentive drivers - as you should be instead of relying on these lights to be seen. It tends to "**** off" some of us drivers when we realize that you really aren't an emergengy/police vehicle... which isn't good for those riders who ride with these lights.
    There are a lot of "sensible" riders that have been killed by cagers not paying attention to motorcycles.
    BTW, I love ****ing off stupid people too.
    PGR RIDE CAPTAIN.. UTAH

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

It always amazes me that.

This Nut Case has the right to remain Silent.
      He just lacks the Ability to do so. and continues to out himself as a Complete Moron, who may or not not be a real Danger to other Motorcyclist?

So NutjobBob.allow me to quote you from the other board.

Originally posted by HondaNutRider
      I never liked "modulated" headlights! They are questionable legally in many locations. Here in Ontario, only emergency and police vehicles are supposed to run pulsing headlights, and only when on a call or in pursuit. As well, by law all vehicles in both directions are required to pull over and "give way".

Now, as a driver if I see a vehicle coming up behind with pulsing lights, its hard to tell the legality; but, usually one will slow down and pull over (as you are supposed to do). I am very ****ed-off when a "normal" motorcyclist then rides by on the vehicle. I can be an old crotchety driver in those cases and then I am likely to pull onto the roadway at speed and when this "motorcyclist" gets stopped at a light or intersection ahead, I might just not be able to fully stop...

BTW I've been riding motorcycles for over 50 years now, and I DO NOT WANT TO **** OFF OTHER DRIVERS.
      Originally posted by johnhunter44
      I certainly hope you were saying this in jest..." and when this "motorcyclist" gets stopped at a light or intersection ahead, I might just not be able to fully stop..." If you actually did intentionally hit a motorcyclist this way, I don't think I would want to be on the same board as you....Hopefully, you were just saying this tongue in cheek....

Originally posted by HondaNutRider
      In most jurisdictions it is illegal to operate a vehicle with more than four illuminated lights casting a beam forward. LED lights are allowed to have multiple "bulbs" as there are considered to be two sets each for low and high beams, plus your fog lights adding two more. If all were on at once, that would be six lights - two over the legal limit.

BTW riding with the high beams on while approaching vehicles, even in the daylight, can be irritating to other drivers. And old crotchety drivers have been known to "swerve" into the other lane...

FYI----
      I'm thinking you have serious Mental issues to not only think these things, But to Publicly say them on any Forum. Not once but many times now. This isn't a thing a normal person with common sense would say.

Get help before you get a real beat down from someone you cut off or hit on a motorcycle.
      who has no problem teaching you a lesson!
      You may not like the truth but that don't change it!

When Life hands you a Curve - Lean into it!!.

Let me just say, it is ILLEGAL in most areas to operate a motor vehicle on the road with the high beams on during the daylight hours. It is also ILLEGAL to impersonate an officer or emergency vehicle...something that "pulsing" lights walk a thin legal line.0)

Let me just say, it is ILLEGAL in most areas to operate a motor vehicle on the road with the high beams on during the daylight hours. It is also ILLEGAL to impersonate an officer or emergency vehicle...something that "pulsing" lights walk a thin legal line.0)
          Utter and complete nonsense. Headlight modulators are legal in all 50 states and Canada by federal statute which clearly states that states cannot pass a law which overrides it. There is no "thin legal line" here. Try educating yourself before spouting such nonsense.

FMVSS 108 (Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards) (49 CFR Part 571.108 S7.9.4) allows motorcycle headlight modulation systems in all 50 states provided they comply with the standards set forth in Section S7.9.4.

Title 49 USC 30103(b1) (US Codes) prohibits any state from forbidding a system that conforms to FMVSS 108. No State or Local ordinance shall usurp the authority and enforcement of the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards

Originally posted by trewm View Post

Utter and complete nonsense. Headlight modulators are legal in all 50 states and Canada by federal statute which clearly states that states cannot pass a law which overrides it. There is no "thin legal line" here. Try educating yourself before spouting such nonsense.

FMVSS 108 (Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards) (49 CFR Part 571.108 S7.9.4) allows motorcycle headlight modulation systems in all 50 states provided they comply with the standards set forth in Section S7.9.4.

Title 49 USC 30103(b1) (US Codes) prohibits any state from forbidding a system that conforms to FMVSS 108. No State or Local ordinance shall usurp the authority and enforcement of the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards
            You are absolutely right, don't waste your time entertaining a "Nut Job".
            PGR RIDE CAPTAIN.. UTAH

https://msf-usa.org/downloads/MSF-Qu...-Invisible.pdf
              PGR RIDE CAPTAIN.. UTAH

You are correct with MOTOR VEHICLE - however, the Federal statue specifically EXEMPTS motorcycles with a separate listing and identifying that it ONLY applies to MOTORCYCLES.

As stated repeatedly - U.S. emergency vehicles have pulsating red and/or blue lights in the grills, windows, and/or roofs. Police motorcycles have the pulsating lights located well outside of the headlight locations in front and above the standard brake lights on the back.

The only time pulsating motorcycle lights are a distraction to me is when group riding - then I think the rider in the group would be courteous enough to turn off the modulating lights. The key here is IN THE GROUP - and if the rider is coming upon a group of riders to disable it for the time that they are following that group.
                1997 Black/Silver Kawasaki Vulcan 750
                2004 Black GL1800A Gold Wing

My new headlight modulator is on order.

You Yanks just don't get it! The reason people pull over for "pulsing" lights is because they think you are the police or an emergency vehicle. That ****es some people off when they see a plain motorcycle rider going by... (On a similar topic, high beams coming at another driver can be disorienting and cause control problems.) For effect, consider what I originally said about perhaps being so ****ed off that someone would try to ram the biker down...that isn't improbable considering road rage. Maybe I said that for effect or maybe I meant it?

You Yanks just don't get it! The reason people pull over for "pulsing" lights is because they think you are the police or an emergency vehicle. That ****es some people off when they see a plain motorcycle rider going by... (On a similar topic, high beams coming at another driver can be disorienting and cause control problems.) For effect, consider what I originally said about perhaps being so ****ed off that someone would try to ram the biker down...that isn't improbable considering road rage. Maybe I said that for effect or maybe I meant it?
                      Are all you canucks that paranoid or is it because you don't have the 2nd amendment so you can protect yourselves?
                      BTW, its not a plain motorcycle going by, Its a 2018 Goldwing Tour DCT. (in my case)
                      PGR RIDE CAPTAIN.. UTAH

1. If you are stupid enough to pull over for WHITE lights.
                        Then YOU should stay off the Road-YOU are the road Hazard.

2. Emergency and Police vehicles NEVER use WHITE lights to pull anyone over!

3. Anyone attempts to ram my vehicle. They will get a free toe tag courtesy of my right to carry!

************************************************** *******

I was at my local Fair on Friday.

I stopped by the CHP booth.

I asked the Motor Officer if he could arrest "Stupid people"?

He said, the streets would be baron if we could.

He asked "do you have someone in mind?"

I told him about a certain Canadian that thinks a motorcycle with a Legal Headlight Modulator, is Impersonating a Police Officer!!.

He laughs and says Motor Officer's don't use Headlight modulators.

We use Red & Blue strobe lights to get people to pull over.

NutjobBob. $500 says you can't find a motor officer with the headlight modulator.

I got the kisan Pathblazer modulator and it was a breeze to install and works great. No one pulls over but a few have started and stopped from a cross street.

• Drgsin
                              Drgsin commented
                              Editing a comment
                              theyre working!

When someone pulls up next to me at a stop sign/light and says.

Do you know your lights are blinking?

I say.

Really "Did you see me?"

They more time than not say. "I saw you coming from a long way"

I say "Thank You for seeing me!"

Its a 50 state legal Federal device to help us motorcyclist be seen!

Most will say. That is a great idea.

I then ask them to google "Motorcycle Headlight Modulator"

To help educate themselves and let their family members know what the law means to our safety.

I find people are very receptive when you help educate them about a Modulator.

I carry a 1/2 dozen copies of my state & fed regulations, in case I run into a LEO who isn't aware of the fed laws.

I still remember the words of the CHP who pulled me over on Angeles Crest Highway, to say my lights are broken.
                            I explained to him what a Modulator was.

He said "Thank you I like to be educated on laws they didn't teach me at the academy."

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page