How many of you now running a Legal Headlight Modulator.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many of you now running a Legal Headlight Modulator.

The new bike has been out for well over a year now.

How many of you who used to run a modulator on your last Goldwing.

are now running one on the new bike to "Help" you be seen??

You may not like the truth but that don't change it!

When Life hands you a Curve - Lean into it!!.

I just do what you told me to do, run it on high beam. Seems to work.

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

• Rocky
      Rocky commented
      Editing a comment
      And after having seen Fog lights on many bikes. I still stand by what I told you.

Throw in a Modulator and you'll never look at other lights up front to be seen!.

Yes I have a modulator on my '18 on the high beams

I have one, love it. I use it for cross town traffic.
      PGR RIDE CAPTAIN.. UTAH

Yes, I am running one. Had someone to pull off to the shoulder of the freeway for me today when they saw me.

Like American Express never leave home without it! Also, have Amber Fog lights

pics please.

Never thought much about this but got sucked into watching MC accidents on youtube for about 4 hours...ughhh. i noticed that a lot of accidents couldve possibly been avoided by a modulating headlight when approaching an intersection. it has me thinking about installing one now. can you guys share how its connected and how it comes on? automatically, every time the high beam is used or do you press a separate button to turn on? If its constantly on with the high beams, are the high beams less effective on those dark country roads?

Originally posted by Drgsin View Post
                Never thought much about this but got sucked into watching MC accidents on youtube for about 4 hours...ughhh. i noticed that a lot of accidents couldve possibly been avoided by a modulating headlight when approaching an intersection. it has me thinking about installing one now. can you guys share how its connected and how it comes on? automatically, every time the high beam is used or do you press a separate button to turn on? If its constantly on with the high beams, are the high beams less effective on those dark country roads?
                Follow link:Get it from the horses mouth
                https://kisantech.com/pathblazer.htm...11551?amfinder
                https://kisantech.com/pub/media/brochures/path-man-Goldwing.pdf

• Drgsin
                  Drgsin commented
                  Editing a comment
                  thank you!

I use mine when traveling in cross town traffic, when I can see cars ahead of me turning left etc. I turn it off on the interstate or when directly behind someone at a traffic light. Very easy install on the 2108-19 Goldwing.
                PGR RIDE CAPTAIN.. UTAH

Originally posted by INTHEWIND View Post

I use mine when traveling in cross town traffic, when I can see cars ahead of me turning left etc. I turn it off on the interstate or when directly behind someone at a traffic light. Very easy install on the 2108-19 Goldwing.
                  Funny, exactly how I manage mine too!

Originally posted by INTHEWIND View Post

Me too

Originally posted by trewm View Post
                      Yes I have a modulator on my '18 on the high beams
                      So do I and I love it!!

im sold. where have you guys mounted the sensor? permanently or zip tied?

im sold. where have you guys mounted the sensor? permanently or zip tied?
                          I have mine zip-tied around the front brake master cylinder.

• Drgsin
                            Drgsin commented
                            Editing a comment
                            thank you!

ST1800 Modulator.

************************************************** *******
                          You may not like the truth but that don't change it!

When Life hands you a Curve - Lean into it!!.

Zip tied on a cable tie that has 3M sticky onto the left lower display trim very short run to the Kisan unit tucked in behind headlights.

thank you

Couldn't help but comment on this thread. As many of you already know, I am strongly opposed to these "pulsing" lights. While they are definitely good at getting you seen, many people spot them and think you are an emergency/police vehicle and panic or pull over. That is not good. It isn't good for the rest of us who ride sensibly and are on the look-out for inattentive drivers - as you should be instead of relying on these lights to be seen. It tends to "**** off" some of us drivers when we realize that you really aren't an emergengy/police vehicle... which isn't good for those riders who ride with these lights.

Originally posted by HondaNutRider View Post
                                  Couldn't help but comment on this thread. As many of you already know, I am strongly opposed to these "pulsing" lights. While they are definitely good at getting you seen, many people spot them and think you are an emergency/police vehicle and panic or pull over. That is not good. It isn't good for the rest of us who ride sensibly and are on the look-out for inattentive drivers - as you should be instead of relying on these lights to be seen. It tends to "**** off" some of us drivers when we realize that you really aren't an emergengy/police vehicle... which isn't good for those riders who ride with these lights.
                                  I have no problem with people pulling over if they think I'm an emergency vehicle. I ride past, and never see that person again. What makes you think that I don't ride sensibly, and am constantly on the lookout for inattentive drivers? That's like saying someone with bright colored clothing is relying on being seen because of their clothing, and can't ride sensibly, and constantly be on the lookout for inattentive drivers. It's a fallacy. Using a modulator is just one more tool we can use to make us visible to those who might not see us. New motorcycles are already required to have lights on at all times. We're already encouraged to run with high beams during the day. Are these also because we should be relying on these safety mechanisms instead of riding sensibly and being on the lookout for inattentive drivers? I'll answer that for you. "NO" It's because it's one more weapon in your arsenal of making yourself safe/visible. There is a reason why they are legal in all 50 states and Canada, and I will guarantee it is not so that we don't have to ride sensibly and not be on the lookout for inattentive drivers.

I, in general, don't mind ****ing off stupid people. If they don't know that emergency vehicles use blue and red lights when trying to pull someone over or in an emergency, maybe it's best that they pull over... PERMANENTLY!!! I ride like I'm invisible, and run a modulator during daylight hours unless requested by a member of a group I'm riding in the middle of requests I turn them off.
                                  Costa Mesa, CA
                                  2012 RED GL1800

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page