What are all the interactions of the Smart Key with the Bike?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are all the interactions of the Smart Key with the Bike?

What does the smart key really do once the bike is started?
    (luggage locks aside)

I get it that the bike authenticates with the key Fob to start it.

The manual has this
    "You may not be able to turn off the electrical system when losing the Honda SMART Key while riding" (p.176)

Seems to me, if I wanted to lock the luggage while riding I would turn the smart key off.
    But Honda seems to say that the Smart key does more with the electrical system than enable it to start the bike.

Anyone know all the interactions with key has with the bike beyond starting and locking/unlocking the luggage?
Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Related Topics

Collapse

• speedy1
    Problem with Smart Key Fob
    by speedy1
    I dropped my key fob out of my pocket yesterday and went outside today to move the bike to change oil and the bike won't start. The blue light on the off and on knob doesn't come on. Any thoughts on what...
    03-07-2019, 07:38 PM
  • Doug44
    Spare key within the fob
    by Doug44
    Does anyone else think that one of the spare keys for the bike store inside the fob is a good idea ? I mean if you lose the fob du uh you also lose one of your spare keys. I have removed that spare and...
    04-08-2018, 04:26 PM
  • Rocky
    No FOB required.
    by Rocky
    Back in the day. Honda didn't feel it was necessary to create a hardship on its motorcycle owners.

They used a tried n true method of a simple Key, to start their motorcycles.

06-26-2019, 12:14 PM
  • Goldwing DCT
    Fob
    by Goldwing DCT
    Lost my ID tag that was attached to my 1 FOB I received from Texas dealer. I did order another FOB for $133.00 I still have original FOB and two keys with metal tag. Am I going to be OK if I need to...
    05-01-2018, 09:05 PM
  • Doug44
    2nd fob
    by Doug44
    I received my 2nd fob a couple of days ago and I work part time at our dealership so I just had the head tech program it. I am just planning on keeping it shut off and in one of the bags. It does have...
    03-16-2018, 06:32 PM
Working...
X