Road Pegs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Road Pegs

Sorry if this has been asked previously. Any idea from the aftermarket companies when we might see some road pegs for the 2018 models? I know there are a couple options out there but was hoping for something a little better looking than removing the engine guard covers, etc. One option looks fine but appear to hang low and afraid they may scrape in the corners.

I don't know which road pegs you are speaking about, but the Rivco Aero Flip-Out Highway Pegs seem to work for me. I bought the bike used with the pegs already installed. But they look to be easily installed and don't involve removing any parts, other than the engine cover bolts. And they WON'T hit when leaned over. I have tested this aspect.

Click image for larger version

Name:	GqCs1Te-hfvNfMJ0Lo4JM4F0OBBAZvKSZuaBb0fA0E3Su1a26-Qh1itisH0E8JyNQFL9qvHSLSuepspHZ6VoLVxq7ffmbgM6EsDYquBIGHo9KX7zCwK77vdQfG2m9VnxWe4ZPQu4tkYmFhyT11L0peZBW2uDcquRJBhqFUCJ5jwstk1ZTmBqfZFN7bwF21tal1q7cbaQXMp0CVYVIC5tQ2WM-yx6LCOzL-JO73bqrlKYWYq2qCyQxS7sxXviiL6
Views:	243
Size:	146.3 KB
ID:	113935
    Joe

'18 Goldwing Tour DCT, '04 GL1800A, '17 KTM 1290 Super Duke GT, '14 BMW K1600 Exclusive, '11 KTM 990 Adventure Dakar (all countries in South, Central and North America), '14 KTM 500 Exc (for the dirt)

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

Originally posted by Badger Tom View Post
      Sorry if this has been asked previously. Any idea from the aftermarket companies when we might see some road pegs for the 2018 models? I know there are a couple options out there but was hoping for something a little better looking than removing the engine guard covers, etc. One option looks fine but appear to hang low and afraid they may scrape in the corners.
      at this point, you either remove the covers or use the rivco. theres one other brand i cant remember but everyone has hated them. looks as if the new honda design limits us to these two options. some choose to cut holes in the covers, which looks sloppy but now theres a trim piece that "dresses" up the opening to a more tolerable level, at least for my taste.

https://www.goldwingonline.com/produ...m-1441-86.html

ill be going with these. they seem to fold up and away pretty good but you still have to worry about the attachment point on the bar. as far as scraping, from what your pic shows, itll be a concern. Rivco may be your only option if thats going to be your style

https://www.goldwingonline.com/produ...s-1461-86.html

I just have to keep reminding myself this isnt a bike designed to canyon carve at the same level as lets say an R6. tough to do when those types of roads present themselves though.

I use the Rivco’s too. Easy install, and 3 adjustment positions. Very comfortable. I just wish they made the entire unit the same finish as the top attach piece. The black is high quality but I think the silver would look better.

Seriously Kids. anyone who mounts a hi way peg lower than the engine guard,

Should have one of these mounted on back as a warning to other drivers in the twisty roads.

Click image for larger version

Name:	OLD.PNG
Views:	241
Size:	584.2 KB
ID:	114003
          You may not like the truth but that don't change it!

When Life hands you a Curve - Lean into it!!.

After a lot of different approaches I settled with this....

Bob. I like the way your Pegs mount up above the black eng guard cover, out of harms way.
              You may not like the truth but that don't change it!

When Life hands you a Curve - Lean into it!!.

Dang you must have some l o n g legs!

Thanks Rocky, I'm still not sure if I like the look of the comfort bars but it was the only way I could put the pegs where I wanted them.

Originally posted by Travelingman View Post
                    Dang you must have some l o n g legs!
                    I think 32" inseam is average

I have the Rivco's...only issue i have with them is that they stick straight out left and right...there is a small "stop" on the sides to keep the feet from sliding off, but it doesnt feel very comfortable or secure to me..i saw pics from someone here, they drilled a screw into the hing, so that it wont open as wide *the head of the screw stops it from opening all the way up*...its a good idea, i just havent gotten the guts to do it yet

Originally posted by BOB2002 View Post
                        After a lot of different approaches I settled with this....
                        Bob, don't they have pegs that go in the comfort bars that bring the pegs back closer to the riders feet?
                        How do you like the Honda upper wind wings? I was going to buy a set, but the price stopped me.
                        PGR RIDE CAPTAIN.. UTAH

Originally posted by INTHEWIND View Post

Bob, don't they have pegs that go in the comfort bars that bring the pegs back closer to the riders feet?
                          How do you like the Honda upper wind wings? I was going to buy a set, but the price stopped me.
                          They offer arms not pegs, they fix fore & aft, up & down adjustment compared to what I'm using, someone is making longer arms, if you guess wrong you can spend 70.00 on the arms National is offering, it is a guess at what will work for each of us.

I bought the wings used for 140.00 so it wasn't so bad. Closed the wings deflect a lot of air off my torso, open is like they aren't there so it is a cooler weather option only for me or rainy weather.

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
                          widgetinstance 272 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X