X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vegas
    replied
    When I'm at a 1/2 - 1/4 of a tank, have bike off for a bit, for a few hours or over night it will decrease the fuel range on me until I have the bike upright off the kick stand and traveling down the road for a minute. I believe this is primarily due to the fuel sending unit and how it is positioned in the tank. Mine has done it since my first tank of fuel. It's a little frustrating, but I think it's just a design flaw with the way the float is oriented in the tank.

Leave a comment:

• Dlewis2xs
    replied
    Mine did the same thing, I put it to bed with 160 miles to empty the next morning it read 44 mile. I filled her up and gas been fine since ml

Leave a comment:

• Jdunk
    replied
    I did forget to mention that I have the tour DCT model. My current mpg reads 48.6 and my miles ridden and estimated range add up to 301. I just find it odd that for 6 months all of these readings were fairly accurate and now my mpg and estimated miles don’t equal out. But hey, if I can get 300 miles on a tank I’ll stop worrying about it.

Leave a comment:

• BKWGoldwingDCT
    replied
    I have over 16,000 mile so far its my opinion it uses current MPG before filling up. If your trip a (if reset to 0 last fill up) says average 50 MPG then it will show approx. 275 miles. I sometimes average around 60 MPG and have seen over 300 estimated miles after fill up. I also noticed The estimated miles will also change depending on speed and driving habits so estimate miles only applies if you drive the same way as last tank. I drive mainly in ECO mode back roads
    and I get great MPG however switching to Sport Mode all bets are off and the estimated miles left falls like a rock. I can maintain high 40s to low 50s driving at normal highway speed 55-70.

P.S I have non tour DCT

Leave a comment:

• PeteF1
    replied
    When I first got my 2018 DCT the range readout was in the 220s with each fill-up. After five weeks and 1800 miles, the range at fill-up has increased to around 245-250 depending on how patient I am topping it off. I'm wondering if the ECU isn't learning to calculate the range based on the way I ride? I'm sure I'd get better range if I'd stop using sport mode so much. I've also noticed my gas miles-per-gallon increasing over time, too.

Leave a comment:

• Jdunk
    commented on 's reply
    I have over 10,000 miles on the bike and it’s never done this before. On a full tank of gas, the range has consistently read in the 260’s and it stayed fairly accurate until I filled up again. Now all of a sudden it says I’ll get over 300 miles on a tank.

• Jdunk
    commented on 's reply
    That was the first thing I checked. It was not on one of the psi readings.

• gug1953
    replied
    Based on two days of riding the computer has not yet adjusted to your throttle usage. In time it will become more predictable.

Leave a comment:

• JAMMER1962
    replied
    Are you sure you’re reading range and not psi in kpa? When I first got my bike , the tire pressure was set to read kpa , not psi, so I was getting these weird numbers and didn’t know why. Near the gimble Press select til the cursor is at the bottom, and then repeatedly press Set to toggle between front psi, rear psi, and range. It’s possible to change the pressure readings to psi. I just remember being confused about the gauge setup at first.

Leave a comment:

• Jdunk
    started a topic Display for mileage range

Display for mileage range

Has anyone experienced an issue with the mileage range that displays on the dash? I had a little under a half tank of gas and after starting the bike the display showed a mileage range of 44 miles. I knew that was not correct (I only had 140 mile since the last fill up) so I filled up on the way home and reset it thinking that might fix it. After the fill up and reset it showed a mileage range of 310. I know I’m not going to get close to 60 miles to the gallon. I’ve ridden the bike for two days and based on what the actual mileage and the estimated range say, I’d be getting 305 miles on a tank of gas.
Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page