WingSoft upgrade vs Ultimate Seat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WingSoft upgrade vs Ultimate Seat

I have a bit of a dilemma. I want a more comfortable long distance seat on my ’18 Tour. On my previous Wings (10 in all) I’ve had Stock; Corbin; Russell Day-Long and Ultimate. I found Ultimate to be the most comfortable next to the Stock seats on the 1100 and ’02. The stock seat on the ’18 Tour is horrible.

Has anyone compared the Wingsoft upgrade to an Ultimate? If so, how they compare in comfort?

wingsoft is just a rework of the original, with the original's limitations still in place. i cant see it being better than an ultimate, RDL, etc..., which is more custom made. i havent seen an ultimate for this bike yet

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

Wingsoft. Wingsoft. Wingsoft.
      GOLDWING AND F6B MAINTENANCE VIDEOS
      Save $1000 a year in labor by doing your own maintenance!

Website | YouTube | 2001-2017 Videos | 2018+ Videos

• GWRider
        GWRider commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree! Wingsoft.

Agree, agree, agree with Cruiseman. Enjoying the Wingsoft upgrade.

I had a Ultimate on my last wing loved it made a big difference for me but this time around i will go with the Wingsoft upgrade.
        2010 Pearl Yellow L3, Double Darksider #856, Ultimate Midrider Seat w Yellow inlays, F4+4 Tinted, Live To Ride, Love my Wing

Originally posted by The-Raz View Post
          I have a bit of a dilemma. I want a more comfortable long distance seat on my ’18 Tour.
          Has anyone compared the Wingsoft upgrade to an Ultimate? If so, how they compare in comfort?
          The consensus seems to be that the Ultimate is like the Russel/Corbin.

Firmer that requires at least a 1500 mile break in until your azz either gives up or excepts the hardness??.

The Wingsoft seat is the Softer option, if you don't want to sit on a cinder block all day? (Gets you up off the seat pan!!)

Just like opinions. everyone's azz is different.

What he likes may not work for me and vice versa!!

When considering a aftermarket seat.
          Your just going to have to bite the bullet and let go of that hard earned money.
          To find what your azz needs to ride as long as you need too.

You may not like the truth but that don't change it!

When Life hands you a Curve - Lean into it!!.

The best most comfortable seat I EVER had modfied by Rick Butler. For most bikes he charges maybe $100 if you want front and rear pans done. Not sure if he still does them as he was retired and an older gentleman. His post not showing on venture rider web site now, but you can find plenty of testimonies there. If interested, I can dig out his contact info if you like!

Originally posted by The-Raz View Post
              I have a bit of a dilemma. I want a more comfortable long distance seat on my ’18 Tour. On my previous Wings (10 in all) I’ve had Stock; Corbin; Russell Day-Long and Ultimate. I found Ultimate to be the most comfortable next to the Stock seats on the 1100 and ’02. The stock seat on the ’18 Tour is horrible.

I've never had a stock seat on a motorcycle that was comfortable. I've had two Corbin's that although hard , were comfortable. I have an Ultimate King on my F6B. Absolutely the best MC seat I've ever sat on. Mine is a Smoke and Black Alligator that I came up with and a dozen or so of the guys on the F6B Forum had one made just like it. The craftmanship is impeccable.

Honda started screwing the guys with the F6B.
                its seat is like sitting on a park bench.

I have no issues on my 12 year old Stock seat on my 1800.

Sadly Honda reverted to there past evil ways on the ST1800 seat too.

Never tried the Wingsoft. I have upgraded to Ultimate and away from stock seats on a 95 1500, and a 2007 1800, I've gotten used to the wife's 2015 Hannigan Trike 1800 stock seat. I ride it less. Lol. I prefer the Ultimate seats, for me they're very comfortable on long distance trips.
                  2007 GL1800 level1
                  2015 Hannigan Trike n 2009 Tailwind

Originally posted by Rocky View Post

That stock B seat is really bad. I think if you weigh 150 pounds you'll be ok. The foam in the stock seat keeps compressing and after 50 miles or so you are essentially sitting on the seat pan. I think a Full Wing probably has a more plush seat to begin with.

Originally posted by Rocky View Post

Rocky, like you said, everyone's azz is different. I actually prefer the stock seat on the '18 to the one on my '08.

Originally posted by trewm View Post

Rocky, like you said, everyone's azz is different. I actually prefer the stock seat on the '18 to the one on my '08.
                        I can understand your point,seeing I just said
                        OTOH. I think the new seat sucks like many others looking for something better.

That's not to say your own opinion isn't valid. It just means What I said earlier
                        Everyone's azz is different
                        When I sat on the ST1800, I asked the Boss what she thought?.

She said sitting right here it's not bad, "But after 14 hours,I'd kill you to get off this brick"

Her opinion is what stopped me from buying the bike.

And as the OP and others have stated, They too are looking for something better.

You have to go Hmmmmm?? at why Honda had a different Seat (Note I didn't assume better)
                        as part of the factory 50 OEM accessories right out of the gate.

Like you I am enjoying my OEM seat.
                        ************************************************** *******

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page