X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doc832
    replied
    The BMW KT1600 does a 155 without a prob. No rev limiter on that bike. Its just not very stable in my opinion, but I like the power... The 2018 GW std I have really handles well at high speeds. Just that 112 mph limit makes me crazy, can't even race an HD without feeling like a fool. Maybe the ReFlash will help the Mate Finish be more durable...

Leave a comment:

• jpwpar
    replied
    I think the 112 limit is there to keep the Feds and Euros away. That's why the BMW which has a lot of power is limited to 101

Leave a comment:

• kiptap
    replied
    The tires that came on my bike, 2018 have the same front profile as previous year Goldwing's but I believe the rear has changed being a tad wider than the previous wings. There don't tend to be a lot of tires in that OEM size of 200/55/16, (could be wrong), and I believe its speed rated at H (130mph)? So even if one could get the cap off the speed limiter, you really shouldn't exceed 130mph. That's 18 mph more sustained is that worth it? (strike that question)

Believe me, I would love to have at least a 130mph cap as I find myself at/over a 100mph more often then I would have believed and there's something wrong with approaching that 112mph mark, to me it feels like a draining of power as its gets close, even before 112mph, not a flat wall, like a rev limiter, I would prefer a flat wall so you know where your at instantly and not this bleeding of power that appears to start well before the 112mph mark. I have gotten into a bit of trouble needing a bit of juice that's not there because of that 112mph limit. Now I back off when approaching a 100 because its not worth experiencing that leaching of power when you expect it to be there. And the way that engine runs and where I believe the red line is in 7th, there's more power there that one should expect, it should easily make another 18mph, (I think, could be butt speak on my part again, its been a long winter). I'm sure you could get another tire profile in a 16" rim that would get to V rated, 149mph, not sure if that's a great idea, I'm not a tire guy.

Personally I think I'll try to stick to less than a ton, keep things stock, maintain my warrantee, stay within Honda's designed limits, and probably avoid some trouble as well. I'll still have fun.

Leave a comment:

• biglefti
    commented on 's reply
    I personally think the stability of the 2018 Wing is much better at high speed than the previous 1800's. On my 03 and 05 wings I really had to pay attention any time I went over 105 mph as the bike was definitely reacting to the lousy aerodynamics that it has. My 2018 feels no different to me at 112 than it does at 65. JMTC

• Old in 10EC
    replied
    I saw on FB where some guy got excited about the ECU flash, because then he could disable the Hill Start Assist.

He probably thinks the flash will improve FM reception, also.

Leave a comment:

• Rocky
    replied
    I read the thread where guys were wanting to reinvent the ECU to do some thing Honda will never allow.

I bet many will be sadly disappointed when they realize, They aren't getting much for the effort of the re-flash.

Honda had a serious stability problem with the ST300 design.

Many forget how Honda tried a different trunk design on the 2012 model.

Many didn't understand that every panel was changed on the 2012 up GL1800. (Except for the front fender halves & Headlight bezel color)

Honda gave up after testing to leave the same trunk on the 2012 up bikes because it was more stable at higher speeds than the redesign trunk they had in mind.

Mark my words.

Honda built the current design ,and limited the speed due to aerodynamics. (It was revealed as such by Honda at the Austin test session).
    They started building Proto type ST1800's in 2006. (Honda settled on the current design for good reason)

Like any vehicle. "Go faster at your own risk".

Leave a comment:

• INTHEWIND
    replied

Leave a comment:

• biglefti
    commented on 's reply
    Of course it doesn't read MPH. Gary was asking what does the tach show for rpm when the speedometer is reading 112 MPH.

• Rocky
    commented on 's reply
    biglefti Tired of being embarrassed by real motorcycle's Huh?

• Rocky
    commented on 's reply
    @GWRider.

A Tach Doesn't Read MPH

Everyone knows,the Speedometer Displays MPH..

• biglefti
    commented on 's reply
    Probably about 4200.

• glarson3
    replied
    what does the tach read at 112?

Leave a comment:

• biglefti
    commented on 's reply
    That's enough.

• trewm
    replied
    According to Fred, he's expecting a test unit from Guhl in a few weeks. ALL it will do is remove the top speed limit.

Leave a comment:

• GWRider
    replied
    Cracked code not only reduces the riding speed limit, but also adds options NEVER before seen on a Goldwing!

Leave a comment:

• biglefti
    commented on 's reply
    In the quarter mile the old wing can't even come close.

• Drgsin
    commented on 's reply
    hahahahaaa of course

• biglefti
    commented on 's reply
    It's on the internet, it must be true!

• Rocky
    replied
    Your killing me smalls.

biglefti commented
    17 hours ago

I forgot to mention that was in the 1/4 mile.
    Your going to need one of these if you think you can keep up with a Real Goldwing.

Click image for larger version

Name:	122_0801_01_z+jet_bike_technology+evidence.jpg
Views:	679
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	112777

Or step up to the new and improved Pixie Dust Version.

Click image for larger version

Name:	d1qqsr0-2392f331-cad7-40a9-9943-6c5b6c23dbdb.jpg
Views:	689
Size:	227.1 KB
ID:	112776

Leave a comment:

• Drgsin
    replied
    Originally posted by biglefti View Post
    That's what I will do. At first trial run top speed was only 147 mph but they are hoping for more with a re-program!
    where did you hear this? ive been following this closely on a few forums and i havent seen it mentioned

Leave a comment:

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page