Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP!! Anyone who has TRIED to put a Corbin seat on the '18 Tour

How in the HECK do you get the mounting holes to line up to get the bolts in ????

I've run out of ideas!

Any help is MUCH appreciated!

Phil - Spokane Valley, Wa.

Haven’t had my 18 seat off yet, but if it is like all the past wings, it can be a b**ch. On old models there was a bushing in the seat that sometimes misaligned causing no end of trouble. I found three things to help. Put the bike on the center stand. Level vs angle helps to see problems. Glue the bushing in place on the seat. (Previous models had 4 of these). Purchase and use the tapered seat attach bolts to help align the holes. (Wingstuff had them). Until I got these I used a small tapered punch to align the holes. Oh, and the fourth thing...lots of patience, together with some occasional harsh words.

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

Here is a couple videos to help

You may not like the truth but that don't change it!

When Life hands you a Curve - Lean into it!!.

Maker of the 01-17 GL1800
      "Rocky Tree & Comfort Risers".

I haven't put one on an 18 yet but I've done a dozen or so on the older models. It helps to have two guys. If you can get a person pushing from the rear while you try and line up the bolts it really helps. Four hands are better than two. Once you get the seat installed it will take a set and next time you take it off it will be a lot easier.

After installing seat I sat on it and the holes lined up perfectly

use these,

http://wingstuff.com/products/38099-...?from_search=1

No need to change bolts, stock ones line up just fine.
              PGR RIDE CAPTAIN.. UTAH

I always had a problem with my seat bolts until i got the tapered one from wingstuff no more issues after that they work well.
                2010 Pearl Yellow L3, Double Darksider #856, Ultimate Midrider Seat w Yellow inlays, F4+4 Tinted, Live To Ride, Love my Wing

Did you NOT see that he owns a 2018??

The tapered bolt "Don't" work on the new bike!!

They are for the 201-2017 GL1800's Only.

Originally posted by Yellowbird View Post
                    I always had a problem with my seat bolts until i got the tapered one from wingstuff no more issues after that they work well.
                    I been working on wings for over 20 plus years.

I have never had any issue installing the seat bolts.

Take your time to push in the metal stops in the center that have the rubber cushions around them,
                    Then look into the hole to line up the seat with the frame holes.

I have read guys with the tapered bolts cross thread them,because they were impatient,Or just plain stupid by not paying attention.

I have even posted how a simple modification on the different style 2012 up seat pan, will allow you to drop the seat right in place.

Bottom line is.

If your fighting the seat to line up- YOU ARE THE ONE DOING SOMETHING WRONG!

The tapered bolts worked like a charm!
                      Thanks for everyones input!

Click image for larger version

Name:	gw.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	253.9 KB
ID:	112933

Originally posted by Rocky View Post

Did you NOT see that he owns a 2018??

Did you NOT see that they do?

Originally posted by Drgsin View Post

Did you NOT see that they do?
                          Princess numbnuts.

Did you not see.

Bottom line is.

If your fighting the seat to line up- YOU ARE THE ONE DOING SOMETHING WRONG!
                          ************************************************** *******

I think this whole discussion proves a point...whenever you go to a "so-called" mechanic you are at their dumb mercy because they usually know and do the wrong thing.

• Drgsin
                              Drgsin commented
                              Editing a comment
                              not every mechanic will know everything. thats a given, but when you deride others on what they dont know or ridicule them for being wrong or not perceptive of something on a consistent basis, you deserve the crap you dish out. he thinks he knows everything yet has made several mistakes, which under normal circumstances is acceptable, but when youre a dimwit, praising yourself and your skills at the expense of others, makes him look the fool he is.

Princess numbnuts.

Did you not see.

i did.. thats irrelevant, dimwit. you passed along misleading information, GW expert, didnt you? it clearly states that these were made for the new Wing and you said they werent. once again, youre so intent on proving your point, you fail to process the info at hand.

You aren't bright enough to know WHY I say what I do, and When. (ROTFLMFAO)

Just knowing I pizz you idiots off makes my day.

• Drgsin
                                Drgsin commented
                                Editing a comment
                                yea, because youre such a clever dimwit, top of your class, were you? youd pizz me off if your replies had any semblance of intelligence. you dont have it in you to pizz me off. for me this is mental plincking with a .22. just something to pass the time away when im bored. you ruin every informative or entertaining thread on here, so im def not here for the intellectual content. im here for you. youre filler. plinck, plinck, plinck

• Rocky
                                Rocky commented
                                Editing a comment
                                You are such a fool if you think anyone buys that rant!!

I've outlasted many a moron like yourself. Keep trying.

I'm not going anywhere.

• Drgsin
                                Drgsin commented
                                Editing a comment
                                on the contrary, squirrel. i dont want you to go. I want you to stay! you provide a $hitl0ad of material. any day i feel bored, i know i can jump on here and BAM! youve said something stoopid. No waiting, no hoping, no patience required. its there, any time of the day or night, any day of the week. your last few comments are weak though. no "witty" memes you can track down? step up your game, dimwit.

where's Waldo, dimwit? spot him and ill send you $5.00 to use at your county fair. you have two opportunities, let's see if you can do it.

where's Waldo, dimwit? spot him and ill send you $5.00 to use at your county fair. you have two opportunities, let's see if you can do it.

Those bolts are for people,Who screw up installing a bolt the correct way. (Sukz to be you don't it)

If Honda thought people like you would need them?

They'd on been on the assembly line.

Those bolts are for people,Who screw up installing a bolt the correct way. (Sukz to be you don't it)

If Honda thought people like you would need them?

They'd on been on the assembly line.

hahahaha im really inside your head, arent I? it must be a shallow, empty, dank space. devoid of any synapses connecting.

there you go agian squirrel! stoopid just oozing from your pie hole. show me where i said I needed them or bought them. again, you spew ignorance, thinking youve caught me. im playing chess and youre trying to get Cat. let me know if you dont get that, ill explain it to you.

you is a dummy, squirrel

im really inside your head, arent I?

Drugsinhead. Just knowing you are this upset makes my day.

Get in the back of the line,if you think a Dolt like you can ever upset me!!.
                                    Many have tried,and lost the battle.

OTOH.
                                    I am worried you may get angry and strike me with your rhinestone purse.

by the way your graduation cap was found.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture g.JPG Views:	0 Size:	8.1 KB ID:	113060

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page