EC fog lights

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EC fog lights

I just installed my fog lights from Electrical Connection. Easy install, OEM switch included, well made & super bright! Thanks Lewis!

Me too. Was amazed how easy the install went. Actually have not used them at night yet, but they certainly are bright in the daylight.
    2018 Gold Wing DCT Tour in Pearl Hawkseye Blue. Goldstrike LED Trunk Light Kit. Electrical Connection Fog Lights. Show Chrome GT Tour Multifunction LED Cowl Light Kit.

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

how are these at night? are they made to be seen or made to see at night in the middle of a country road?

Since these are plug and play, do they turn off when you turn your brights on, and back on when you go to dim? I like to ride with brights on in daylight and have the fog lights on too. Can I do that with these? I know...jurisdiction laws, but I’ve done this everywhere without incident. I never ride after dark. Too many blind old bats here in Florida. 😁

• Clamper
          Clamper commented
          Editing a comment
          If you have to ride with your brights on during the day, you might be the blind one.

• Clamper
          Clamper commented
          Editing a comment
          Sorry the smiley face didn't work.

• Denman46
          Denman46 commented
          Editing a comment
          I’ve ridden with high beam on during the day for 40 years. It makes you much more visible to motorists, considering our small size compared to autos. Just my style, bit it seems to work.

I have an 06. Looking to do the same and switch mine out. Not very inclined to mechanical issues, are there detailed installation instructions? Thanks in advance for the answer.

Here is the Harness you'll need if you want to run the Fog lights while using the HI Beams on.

https://electricalconnection.com/ind...ation-harness/

This is Can Bus Friendly!! "READ The Description information carefully!!!"

Caution.

DO NOT USE with the Rivco fog lights.(They draw to much current)
          You may not like the truth but that don't change it!

When Life hands you a Curve - Lean into it!!.

• Denman46
            Denman46 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks Rocky. Didn’t know that was available. You da man!

• Rocky
            Rocky commented
            Editing a comment
            You are welcome Sir.

I just installed this foglight kit on my '18 Goldwing standard..the install was pretty easy...I watched of all things a video from Heli-bars to see how to get the console out to install the switch..no problems and they are bright...now just have to adjust them .

Originally posted by Drgsin View Post
            how are these at night? are they made to be seen or made to see at night in the middle of a country road?
            Look at my photo . . . are those not bright or what?

Originally posted by Gold Winger View Post

Look at my photo . . . are those not bright or what?
              they all are photographing them head on! lol.

No fog/running light that low to the ground is an effective light to broadcast down the road.

Just ask any serious IBA Rider where they mount theirs. (Under the mirrors)

To light up the sides of the road watching for woodland creatures.

OTOH. They are great for "Being seen" and the brighter the better,for the blind to hopefully see You!!.

I have ordered the harness from EC but there will be a delay in shipping while they work on the install instructions.

Originally posted by Rocky View Post
                    No fog/running light that low to the ground is an effective light to broadcast down the road.

Just ask any serious IBA Rider where they mount theirs. (Under the mirrors)

To light up the sides of the road watching for woodland creatures.

OTOH. They are great for "Being seen" and the brighter the better,for the blind to hopefully see You!!.
                    yea, ive seen the IBA bikes rigged up like that but im not trying to go that extreme. just trying to figure out which ones throw the widest light for that mounting location. i usually follow semis at night on desolate roads but there was a stint of about 50 miles one time at 3 am with no semis to be found. woods on both sides and the limited light of the bike. at the time the lights were pointed too far down too. definitely a 50 mile pucker moment

Originally posted by Drgsin View Post

yea, ive seen the IBA bikes rigged up like that but im not trying to go that extreme. just trying to figure out which ones throw the widest light for that mounting location. i usually follow semis at night on desolate roads but there was a stint of about 50 miles one time at 3 am with no semis to be found. woods on both sides and the limited light of the bike. at the time the lights were pointed too far down too. definitely a 50 mile pucker moment
                      I understand your point, they do hang out there. (I wouldn't put them on my bike, and I tried just about every available light combination)

OTOH. That is the only location to project "down the Road".

The good part of the EC LED Projector lights is that you can adjust the Beam up off the road. to see further down the road.

Clearly not as much as in they hung under the mirror pods.But adjustable nonetheless.

You just can't find any fog light that will project down the road as far as your high beams will.
                      ************************************************** *******

Rocky is right! Fog lights are never going to give you ‘headlight’ brightness! If you want night vision, get high powered driving lights mounted up under your mirrors!

im looking more for a beam that spreads wider and regular headlight length down the road, not necessarily high beam length. if that makes sense. maybe the EC lights can be adjusted "outwards" further?

There are no existing fog lights that do that.

Now if you know how to customize and aren't afraid to spend some cash??

Then everything IS possible.depending on your creativity!!.
                            ************************************************** *******

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page