Fairing pocket will not open.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Fairing pocket will not open.

    Has anyone had a problem with their fairing pocket not opening on their 2018 Goldwing? I am getting mine ready for the riding season and everything seems to be great other than the fairing pocket will not open. Both saddlebags and the trunk release fine but the fairing pocket, no dice. When I press the fairing pocket release button the LED on the smart key flashes but the fairing pocket does not open. Anyone with an idea how to correct this problem would be great. Thank you!

  • #2
    Ooooh! Better get it solved soon before you run out of fuel. Trip to the dealer?

    Comment: (For off-topic replies)


    • #3
      I'll be calling my dealer tomorrow. Was hoping someone had a similar experience & a resolution.

      Comment: (For off-topic replies)


      • #4
        It happened to me after I got the holder for the insurance and registration caught in the latch. I was able to pry it open with the button held in. After that I moved the holder to the trunk.
        Martin

        Comment: (For off-topic replies)


        • #5
          Picked up my bike from the dealer today. They replaced the fairing pocket actuator. The dealer said they found water in the original one so not sure if it shorted out from moisture or what? If anyone has an idea for an emergency way to open the fairing pocket if the actuator goes bad again I would love to hear it.

          Comment: (For off-topic replies)


          • #6
            Seems like they have always had these problems a lot in past but with these new electrical openers i but it can be a problem getting into them. When i checked out the new models that was one of my issues no electric no open and still is today hopefully they will get it resolved.
            2010 Pearl Yellow L3, Double Darksider #856, Ultimate Midrider Seat w Yellow inlays, F4+4 Tinted, Live To Ride, Love my Wing

            Comment: (For off-topic replies)


            • #7
              This known Defect. Is Honda just showing their sense of Humor.
              ************************************************** *******
              You may not like the truth but that don't change it!

              When Life hands you a Curve - Lean into it!!.

              Maker of the 01-17 GL1800
              "Rocky Tree & Comfort Risers".

              Comment: (For off-topic replies)


              • #8
                I would imagine that in an "emergency", you could bust into the compartment by breaking the lid. If under warrantee, then Honda would be responsible for any replacement. Otherwise...I guess you are on your own; or, just call Rocky - he's got those pulsing lights so can get there PDQ.

                Comment: (For off-topic replies)


                • Rocky
                  Rocky commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Only a Moron like you.
                  Would believe that idiotic statement.

              • #9
                Originally posted by HondaNutRider View Post
                or, just call Rocky - he's got those pulsing lights so can get there PDQ.

                Just for you "NutJobBob"





                Click image for larger version

Name:	tenor.gif
Views:	413
Size:	82.3 KB
ID:	112434
                ************************************************** *******
                You may not like the truth but that don't change it!

                When Life hands you a Curve - Lean into it!!.

                Maker of the 01-17 GL1800
                "Rocky Tree & Comfort Risers".

                Comment: (For off-topic replies)


                • #10
                  Well today I had my seat off and was looking at putting in accesory cables for wiring. Went to turn the bike on and got nothing. Couldn't open the faring cover or saddle bags. Tried the emergency procedure and nothing happened. GW dead in the water. No life. Key fob is fine. Will be looking for suggestions.

                  Comment: (For off-topic replies)


                  • HondaNutRider
                    HondaNutRider commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Put out a call to Rocky - he's the self-appointed expert on this model. (Even if he rides like a maniac and will likely end up being rear-ended.)

                • #11
                  Start by reading the owners manual.
                  ************************************************** *******
                  You may not like the truth but that don't change it!

                  When Life hands you a Curve - Lean into it!!.

                  Maker of the 01-17 GL1800
                  "Rocky Tree & Comfort Risers".

                  Comment: (For off-topic replies)


                  • #12
                    Originally posted by PARENT2018 View Post
                    Has anyone had a problem with their fairing pocket not opening on their 2018 Goldwing? I am getting mine ready for the riding season and everything seems to be great other than the fairing pocket will not open. Both saddlebags and the trunk release fine but the fairing pocket, no dice. When I press the fairing pocket release button the LED on the smart key flashes but the fairing pocket does not open. Anyone with an idea how to correct this problem would be great. Thank you!
                    What is a fairing pocket? Are talking about the compartment on the right side of the fairing that contains the button to open the cover to the gas cap? Or are you talking about the "glove box" that contains the USB cable and small storage area (on the DCT Tour model) with the button that only works if you push on the right side? By the way, it you look on YouTube, there is a fix for that by Max McAllister. Tried it and it works great. Now that button works where ever you push it. Sounds like the cable release for the "fairing pocket" is hung up, broken or disconnected. Guess you'd have to pull that side of the fairing to find out.
                    2018 Gold Wing DCT Tour in Pearl Hawkseye Blue. Goldstrike LED Trunk Light Kit, Electrical Connection Fog Light Kit, Show Chrome GT Tour Multifunction LED Cowl Light Kit, Show Chrome Isolation Fuse Block, Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Decoupling Kit, Traxxion Dynamics Dip Stick Extender, Traxxion Dynamics Steering Lock Pin,Slip Streamer Clear Wraparound Touring Windshield.

                    Comment: (For off-topic replies)


                    • #13

                      Originally posted by PARENT2018 View Post

                      Has anyone had a problem with their fairing pocket not opening on their 2018 Goldwing? I am getting mine ready for the riding season and everything seems to be great other than the fairing pocket will not open. Both saddlebags and the trunk release fine but the fairing pocket, no dice. When I press the fairing pocket release button the LED on the smart key flashes but the fairing pocket does not open. Anyone with an idea how to correct this problem would be great. Thank you!



                      Originally posted by Doug Bohman View Post

                      What is a fairing pocket? Are talking about the compartment on the right side of the fairing that contains the button to open the cover to the gas cap? Or are you talking about the "glove box" that contains the USB cable and small storage area (on the DCT Tour model) with the button that only works if you push on the right side? By the way, it you look on YouTube, there is a fix for that by Max McAllister. Tried it and it works great. Now that button works where ever you push it. Sounds like the cable release for the "fairing pocket" is hung up, broken or disconnected. Guess you'd have to pull that side of the fairing to find out.
                      I think you missed the highlighted part of "Using his FOB", LOL

                      You are confusing the phone Cubby with the only door up front the fob opens (in front of your right knee)

                      ************************************************** *******
                      You may not like the truth but that don't change it!

                      When Life hands you a Curve - Lean into it!!.

                      Maker of the 01-17 GL1800
                      "Rocky Tree & Comfort Risers".

                      Comment: (For off-topic replies)


                      • #14
                        Gotchya. Hey Rocky, question. How do you add a "signature?" at the bottom of your profile like yours says "You may not like the truth but that don't change it"?
                        2018 Gold Wing DCT Tour in Pearl Hawkseye Blue. Goldstrike LED Trunk Light Kit, Electrical Connection Fog Light Kit, Show Chrome GT Tour Multifunction LED Cowl Light Kit, Show Chrome Isolation Fuse Block, Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Decoupling Kit, Traxxion Dynamics Dip Stick Extender, Traxxion Dynamics Steering Lock Pin,Slip Streamer Clear Wraparound Touring Windshield.

                        Comment: (For off-topic replies)


                        • #15
                          Originally posted by Doug Bohman View Post
                          Gotchya. Hey Rocky, question. How do you add a "signature?" at the bottom of your profile like yours says "You may not like the truth but that don't change it"?
                          Check your PM.
                          ************************************************** *******
                          You may not like the truth but that don't change it!

                          When Life hands you a Curve - Lean into it!!.

                          Maker of the 01-17 GL1800
                          "Rocky Tree & Comfort Risers".

                          Comment: (For off-topic replies)


                          • Doug Bohman
                            Doug Bohman commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Thanks Rocky!

                          • Rocky
                            Rocky commented
                            Editing a comment
                            You are Welcome.

                        • #16
                          Originally posted by Doc832 View Post
                          Well today I had my seat off and was looking at putting in accesory cables for wiring. Went to turn the bike on and got nothing. Couldn't open the faring cover or saddle bags. Tried the emergency procedure and nothing happened. GW dead in the water. No life. Key fob is fine. Will be looking for suggestions.
                          Bike battery dead?
                          PGR RIDE CAPTAIN.. UTAH

                          Comment: (For off-topic replies)

                          Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

                          Related Topics

                          Collapse

                          Working...
                          X