Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• International maps for 2018 Navi

I have a friend in Saudi Arabia who bought a 2018 Goldwing in the USA and had it shipped to Saudi Arabia. He is trying to find out if there is a way to update the maps so that he has is home country's maps. Any thoughts?
    GOLDWING AND F6B MAINTENANCE VIDEOS
    Save $1000 a year in labor by doing your own maintenance!

Website | YouTube | 2001-2017 Videos | 2018+ Videos

Here is a link to Honda Customer Support Information. Maybe they can help him.

http://powersports.honda.com/contact.aspx

Contact information for Honda Saudi Arabia

https://www.honda-mideast.com/en-sa/...s/contacts-ksa
    • 2018 Goldwing Tour DCT
    • 1970 Honda CT70 (3sp man auto-clutch - my first "DCT")
    • 2001 Suzuki GSF1200 Bandit
    • Goldwing rider since 1982

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

I think this will be very difficult.

Living in the Netherlands, I have experience on the Honda GPS with the previous versions which where Garmin based even with US import (2006 and 2010 model) GPS which trough standard map Garmin map updates with unlock codes you could update the US map to become European Map.

Now with the Harmon based 2018+ units this becomes more difficult I think. First of all Honda has seperate software updates to perform updates by region which only addresses the maps for that region. I just did the first European update on the GPS including map update which has become available from Honda Europe since this week, but managed via the Honda dealers. The US update software does not work for other regions like some European's who tried this with the US software back in october 2018 when this became available.

For the Honda gulf region for which Saudia Arabia is part of, this will most likely be another Honda version including the maps for that region, but will not work on US bike.

As HD is using also Harmon based units since years, I would advise the affected person to check through HD clubs in the Gulf region how they handled this issue with US spec. imports. I assume in the Gulf region there will be more HD's of recent years with the Harmon unit and facing similar problem when it was a US bike.
      Harry, winger since 1979
      2018 GL1800 Tour Airbag/DCT Candy Ardent Red/Black
      2018 CRF1000 Africa Twin DCT Tricolor
      1976 2x GL1000 LTD Maroon (1x EU, 1x US specification)

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

• MikeHub
        MikeHub commented
        Editing a comment
        what is your map database version after the update (something ending Q?-????)
    Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page