2019 Upgrades

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 Upgrades

Anyone heard of any upgrades or Technical changes on the 2019 Wing?

I hope you weren't expecting any changes?

Honda don't play that!!. (new changes the following year)
    So-Don't hold your breath on any changes for at least 5 years or more.

2019 ST1800's are as follows!

1. Man 6sp only colors are Black & red
    2. DCT Red/Black/matt silver

3. Tour Red-Black/Blue.
    4. Airbag-SOS.

For the $300 price increase, you now get 2 fob's.

What color can Honda get for you.
    You may not like the truth but that don't change it!

There has to be a constant flow of Tools on a bus out there?.
    One gets tired and gets off, another two jump on the band wagon.(Fine entertainment at its best)

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

There are dozens of upgrades for the 2019, but Honda will not release them until 2035.
      GOLDWING AND F6B MAINTENANCE VIDEOS
      Save $1000 a year in labor by doing your own maintenance!

Website | YouTube | DVDs at WingStuff | DVDs at SoCalMotoGear | DVDs at Cyclemax | Videos On Demand

Originally posted by Cruiseman View Post
        but Honda will not release them until 2035.

Click image for larger version

Name:	tenor.gif
Views:	49
Size:	492.0 KB
ID:	108926

One gets tired and gets off, another two jump on the band wagon.(Fine entertainment at its best)

I was thinking after the first year a bike is out, there might be bugs they fix for the next year. Not body styles etc, Mechanical issues

• Cruiseman
            Cruiseman commented
            Editing a comment
            The only thing they are addressing apparently is some minor updates to the navigation software.

Originally posted by roundabout View Post
          I was thinking after the first year a bike is out, there might be bugs they fix for the next year. Not body styles etc, Mechanical issues
          Mechanical issues while annoying to the consumer.
          Are according to Honda,and rightly so. are nothing more than a "Warranty Issue when they pop up"

Only a fool wouldn't buy the extended warranty on the ST1800!!

Originally posted by Rocky View Post

Mechanical issues while annoying to the consumer.
            Are according to Honda,and rightly so. are nothing more than a "Warranty Issue when they pop up"

Only a fool wouldn't buy the extended warranty on the ST1800!!
            Call me a fool. I hate giving money away for something I rarely ever collect on. Only time will tell.

Originally posted by Doug Bohman View Post

Call me a fool. I hate giving money away for something I rarely ever collect on. Only time will tell.
              Let me rephrase that. "It would be foolish not to buy the ex warranty,seeing the new bike has a learning curve".

We don't buy Health or auto insurance because we know we will use it. But it is there IN CASE we do!! (CYA-policy if you will)

• Doug Bohman
                Doug Bohman commented
                Editing a comment
                I get the premise Rocky and I won't say I've never bought it, but being a newbee to Honda, I guess I have/had a higher expectation for the bike's reliability. Reading the posts on this forum, I'm getting the impression that I may have put Honda on a higher pedestal than they deserve. Again, only time will tell. Was planning to use the money saved on the extended warranty to buy some accessories. Ha, ha?
                On a separate note, I had a conversation last night with a support rep at Honda on an issue I'm having with the TPMS tire pressure sensors showing what I consider to be large variances with the actual tire pressures. We got off on a tangent and talked about the current Navigation system. He told me they are aware of the criticisms and unhappy owners of the system and are working with Harmon Kardon to make changes. He said that the next update to the Nav that's coming out shortly will add more waypoints, but did not know if there were other changes as well. Progress?

• kwthom
                kwthom commented
                Editing a comment
                Reliability? This is a year-old machine. A bit of cruising on Google will point you to many other forums where discussions about how bad the 2001 was when it came off the assembly line.
                This is a complex machine, there's bound to be issues to unravel. I don't think I have read any systemic issues - to the point of recall - that have happened. As far as a true gauge of reliability, plenty of previous-generation bikes still out there. One or two issues that are understood after more than a decade...and yet, people still are riding them. Must not be that big of an issue.
                That navigation story...well, Honda got pi**ed with Garmin, and went shopping elsewhere. Harman probably sold Honda "Hey, we're used on H-D with no major complaints!" and the Honda team bought the story, hook, line, sinker.
                What Harman probably *didn't* tell Honda was the number of revisions they'd made to the system. Obvious that there wasn't enough research into the system, since there were plenty of complaints on H-D forums about the early days of the Harman system.
                Progress? Dunno...how much complaining is still out there on what they've improved so far between '18 & '19 models?
            Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page