Luggage options

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Luggage options

I ride one-up and want some sort of luggage to attach to the passenger seat of the ‘18 Tour. I’ve chosen not to attach a luggage rack to the trunk lid. I’ve done that with past wings and usually overload the rack and place more stress than I want to the lid and hinges. I’ve never damaged the bike, but am looking for a different option. Also, I think the new design affords less area for a bag on the Honda rack.

Has anyone seen any products designed specifically for that space on the Wing, or something that would fit well? Something that would allow easy access to exterior pockets would be great. I searched the site but have found nothing about this.

Thanks to all.

here's what im using. holds more than i need for a week, doubles as a backrest, since i dont have one yet and is easy to carry. it has all kinds of attachment points and options and a rainproof cover.

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...-sissy-bar-bag

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

this one looks like it is designed to fit the back seat.

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...trunk-rack-bag

• GWRider
        GWRider commented
        Editing a comment
        This one is actually for the trunk luggage rack but i supposes it could also go on the passenger seat.

If you ride one-up, you can use Aerostich tank panniers to add 8.8 liters on each side. Instead of placing them on the tank, as designed, place the straps over the rear seat. They offer excellent accessibility, even while riding. I keep a 2 liter Coleman cooler with hydration tube in the left one during longer trips. I found that adding them, got me back to the approximate capacity of my ‘08 Wing. Quick to remove to take in a motel room or tent.

For the seat bag, you need to stay around 21” in length to stay within the “arm rests” on the rear seat. WalMart sells a pretty good dry bag, or any motorsport supply will have an almost unlimited choice. Then if you have a bag that fills the space, up to the top of the rests, you can always add another on top of it. Most dry bags won’t have accessible pockets, but you might look for a hiking backpack to place upright on the seat.

Another thought. You might try a Goldwing rack bag, but put it on the seat, instead of on a rack. I think the width would fit and it has pockets.

Serious Questions:

What do you do when traveling and need to stop to eat. (And can't park the bike where you can watch it while eating?)

How do you keep anything from being stolen?

You may not like the truth but that don't change it!

When Life hands you a Curve - Lean into it!!.

up until this point, ive always been able to park where i can see the bike but i dont keep any valuables in there, just clean and dirty clothes. id be more upset at losing the bag than anything in it. ill use this only on long trips so those stops are usually short gas/fast food stops.

Originally posted by Rocky View Post
            Serious Questions:

What do you do when traveling and need to stop to eat. (And can't park the bike where you can watch it while eating?)

How do you keep anything from being stolen?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8avOiTUcD4Y
            PGR RIDE CAPTAIN.. UTAH

• Rollin
              Rollin commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks for ‘The Trunk Monkey’ ! Looks like there are more vids on YouTube

Click image for larger version

Name:	roflmao.gif
Views:	355
Size:	129.4 KB
ID:	108670

When I'm traveling by myself I use this one. It's waterproof and sits neatly behind my backrest. It straps down on the back seat and would be a pain in the arse to steal once strapped in. I've never had a problem in that regard.
              Deluxe Luggage Rack Bags features the highest quality outside denier for durability in the elements, hide-away zip-out rain cover and provides much mo
              2008 Red GW1800 -- NRA Life Member - American Legion PUFL, American Legion Riders
              USMC 21 YRS/9 MO and when dead, a dead Marine.
              US Four Corner Ride https://clayusmcret.blogspot.com/
              2014 Mid-States Ride https://mid-states.blogspot.com/
              2015 NC to UT/NV Ride https://2015nvride.blogspot.com/

50th State ridden on 19 Aug, 2016 DS #1584

Originally posted by Drgsin View Post
                here's what im using. holds more than i need for a week, doubles as a backrest, since i dont have one yet and is easy to carry. it has all kinds of attachment points and options and a rainproof cover.

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...-sissy-bar-bag

I got the same one, made some custom bungee cords that slip right under the stock grab handles, very clean attachment.
                kiptap - Paul
                Bolingbrook, IL (Greater Chicago Area)
                1979 Kawasaki Z 200
                1981 Kawasaki GPZ 550
                1996 Honda GL 1500SE
                2018 Honda GL 1800DJ

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...-back-seat-bag you can probably find it cheaper else where.
                  DS#1146 IBA#55800 50CC,BBG, BB1500 x2, SS2K, SS1Kx3 CERTIFIED ALL DS, PGR RC
                  2010 Level3 Endeavor Reverse Trike BS Driveguard

I have been using this waterproof Cabella's bag for 15 years. This is a week after I bought the bike on the way to Florida. I had this on my ST1300 as well and was on the road with it for near a month multiple times, so plenty of room.Click image for larger version  Name:	Honda GW with Cabelas Bag.jpg Views:	1 Size:	550.9 KB ID:	108685
                    Dennis

[QUOTE=Rocky;n108665]Serious Questions:

What do you do when traveling and need to stop to eat. (And can't park the bike where you can watch it while eating?). How do you keep anything from being stolen?

Rocky, you move to Canada! They don’t steal your stuff here! If they do, they leave you a promise note & a phone number! LOL!

• Rocky
                        Rocky commented
                        Editing a comment
                        The last time someone left a note on my car- it said "I'm pretending I'm leaving you a note for the damage I caused,because some old bag is watching me" the phone number was for a massage parlor.

Originally posted by Denman46 View Post
                      I ride one-up and want some sort of luggage to attach to the passenger seat of the ‘18 Tour. I’ve chosen not to attach a luggage rack to the trunk lid. I’ve done that with past wings and usually overload the rack and place more stress than I want to the lid and hinges. I’ve never damaged the bike, but am looking for a different option. Also, I think the new design affords less area for a bag on the Honda rack.

Has anyone seen any products designed specifically for that space on the Wing, or something that would fit well? Something that would allow easy access to exterior pockets would be great. I searched the site but have found nothing about this.

Thanks to all.
                      The Saddlemen BR3400 is what a few of us in my Chapter use. A great bag, with built in backrest, under the seat tie down yoke, waterproof cover & it fits perfectly! You could pack 2-3 weeks of stuff in here, easily! Here ya go . . .

www.saddlemen.com/index.php?_route_=br3400-back-seat-sissy-bar-bag-universal

• Denman46
                        Denman46 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Does it fit if I have a Honda option seat backrest? It looks pretty good.

Click image for larger version

Name:	709207.jpg
Views:	377
Size:	37.3 KB
ID:	108689 I use this when needed. PACSAFE

• Rocky
                        Rocky commented
                        Editing a comment
                        That was invented by someone who been ripped off I'm sure. (I like it)

I think Kury has a great fitting seat back for the 2018 Goldwing: Momentum Seat Bag. See it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1ls9GDVHbE

• Denman46
                        Denman46 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yes Kury does, but the one on the vid is too wide. Reminds me of my 280# brother when he rode a Honda 350. The Vagabond looks to be just right. Thanks for the video link.

Thanks to all.
                      Many good ideas here...check the board vendors as well to see if there's something you like. I'd think any medium-to-large seat bag would work.

For my 1832, I purchased from motorcyclegear dot com a prior-year Nelson Rigg bag.

The *only* drawback is it can be a challenge to get access to the trunk if you have a taller bag - just something to consider.

All great ideas guys. I knew someone else had invented the wheel. Thanks one and all. The one drgsin noted looks a lot like the ultra guard I’ve used for 10 years. Mine doesn’t fit well on the back seat of the new bike.

Rocky...I’ve been using that ultra guard setup for a long time and never had stuff stolen. Sometimes I just left it on overnite in the parking lot and sometimes covered it with my bike full cover. Never had a problem on many 2-3 week trips. Perhaps just lucky and perhaps cause I usually don’t visit metro locations.

Rocky...I’ve been using that ultra guard setup for a long time and never had stuff stolen. Sometimes I just left it on overnite in the parking lot and sometimes covered it with my bike full cover. Never had a problem on many 2-3 week trips. Perhaps just lucky and perhaps cause I usually don’t visit metro locations.
                        I've never had anything personally Taken (I get my exercise by beating the snot out of thieves - lol)

But a few friends had things go missing. Kinda makes for a pita, if what was taken was important. (Meds etc.)

I work smarter not harder these days.all my things are safely locked up, following me.

************************************************** *******

Originally posted by kiptap View Post

I got the same one, made some custom bungee cords that slip right under the stock grab handles, very clean attachment.
                          With that bag on the back seat, can you open the trunk?

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
                          widgetinstance 272 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X