Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TPMS Trike Query

Asking the 2018 gurus:
    When the bike is triked, can the TPMS sensor from the rear wheel be 'relocated' to one of the 2 rear wheels on the trike? And, can the rear tire pressure alarm be adjusted to the lower targeted pressure (i.e. 25 psi vs 41)? That's preferred ... but, failing that, can the TPMS be turned off such that it doesn't flash the alarm and pressure on the display?
    2018 red GL1800 DCT Tour w/ 2019 CSC Encore
    2003 red GL1800A w/ 2013 CSC Cobra XL

Originally posted by RodG View Post
    Asking the 2018 gurus:
    When the bike is triked, can the TPMS sensor from the rear wheel be 'relocated' to one of the 2 rear wheels on the trike? And, can the rear tire pressure alarm be adjusted to the lower targeted pressure (i.e. 25 psi vs 41)? That's preferred ... but, failing that, can the TPMS be turned off such that it doesn't flash the alarm and pressure on the display?

I like to re-purpose as much as the next guy. There comes a time when it's best to just BUY the better mouse trap and call it the day!

Meaning. you can buy a aftermarket trike TPMS that tells you not only what every tires Psi is.,
    But which tire is having an issue.

Besides Honda's idea of a TPMS is a very bad joke.

When the aftermarket makes a superior product you can swap the sensor, from one wheel to another with ever having to re-program it!!!.

Example---
    One of many out there. https://www.amazon.com/FOBO-BIKE-for.../dp/B01F5ONWJ6
    You may not like the truth but that don't change it!

When Life hands you a Curve - Lean into it!!.

Maker of the 01-17 GL1800
    "Rocky Tree & Comfort Risers".

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

Rocky, you may be right about the better mouse trap, but I'm left with the display flashing the TPMS symbol AND the lower left info display prioritizes the low tire pressure flagged by the TPMS (overriding what I prefer). It's this latter point that begs the question ... can the TPMS be turned off?

Originally posted by RodG View Post
        Rocky, you may be right about the better mouse trap, but I'm left with the display flashing the TPMS symbol AND the lower left info display prioritizes the low tire pressure flagged by the TPMS (overriding what I prefer). It's this latter point that begs the question ... can the TPMS be turned off?
        Rod. No it can't be turned off.(by itself-can bus linked)

All I can find in the manual pertains to activation after shipping from Japan.

Click image for larger version

Name:	user72841_pic38457_1520383706.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	198.9 KB
ID:	108414

I suggest you ask the Trike installer "Why they couldn't deactivate the TPMS" when they did the trike conversion??

I can't believe they'd skip such an important issue when handing you the FOB after the conversion.

Or if they can't be of any help?

Try calling other trike installers to se what they do when they do conversions?

I'd normally suggest a call directly to Honda, But I doubt they'd be inclined to say how to disable their TPMS to a consumer??

You may not like the truth but that don't change it!

When Life hands you a Curve - Lean into it!!.

Maker of the 01-17 GL1800
        "Rocky Tree & Comfort Risers".

TY, Rocky ... My conversion is scheduled for March, and the company hasn't (yet) decided how to handle the TPMS. I was hoping to find a hint that I could pass along. Since duct tape can "fix" anything, that may be how I override the TPMS alarm symbol! Hint for a new 2018 accessory: carry a pressurized container large enough to store the 2 TPMS sensors .... add pressure to keep the sensors happy. OK ... enough BS. Happy New Year

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page