Seems like we need a little pot stirring to get things livened up!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seems like we need a little pot stirring to get things livened up!

The 2018 may only top out at 112 mph, but hey............................................... .it has a WAY LOUDER horn!!!

Originally posted by biglefti View Post
    The 2018 may only top out at 112 mph, but hey............................................... .it has a WAY LOUDER horn!!!
    The Horn isn't your biggest worry,unless you are trying to get a Rabbits attention for some hare-raising extra curricular activities?

Your biggest problem at 112 mph is that cheap paint Honda used!.
    You better use a lot of 3M tape to hold that paint on the panels, Or it just might blow off at that speed?

I bet $1000 that's why Honda put the top speed at a dismal112 mph,
    Because the test rider bikes needed new paint after a few test laps??

Click image for larger version  Name:	roflmao.gif Views:	43 Size:	129.4 KB ID:	107889
    Maker of the 01-17 GL1800
    "Rocky Tree & Comfort Risers".
    Current bikes.
    1981 CB900C 10 speed (Restored)
    1986 GL1200 SEi
    2004 GL1800

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

If that horn is louder than the one on my B then it is truly loud. My 13 B had the best stock horn I've seen on a bike. As for that 112 thing , I am truly sorry. I don't live above the century mark but when I pass a string of traffic I don't want to peg out halfway around. Maybe Guhl can help you guys out with that eventually. I've got Don Guhls Flash in my F6B and it makes a huge difference along with pipes and a K&N filter. Plus the top speed limiter is removed.

If you do a little research, a horn is used in all ultrasonic welding. This new horn actually resets all of the paint and removes any scratches every time you use it!

If you do a little research, a horn is used in all ultrasonic welding. This new horn actually resets all of the paint and removes any scratches every time you use it!
          Ultrasonic welding Huh?

I can hear the CB chatter now, "That poor bastard on the ST1800 has a stuck horn button"

Why you say that someone asks?

Why he's been blowing that dam horn since we left the parking lot?

Ahh don't worry. "It's covered under warranty!"

Here's a tip o forgetful one!!

You may need something goofy like this to stick on the horn button.

ah- I mean aesthetically pleasing to the beholder!
          So you can find the correct button quickly, So you hang onto your expensive paint over 30mph.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_6061.jpg Views:	1 Size:	9.4 KB ID:	107927
          Current bikes.
          1986 GL1200 SEi
          2004 GL1800

Is 112mph for real? I have seen 115mph “on track” in a long straight away. I still had plenty of motor. I was satisfied and backed off so I don’t know if it would pull more. It was not GPS verified but the speedo seems pretty accurate. When I pass the digital speed verification signs on the rode it tends to read actual speed and matches my speedo regardless of my speed. I could careless anyway. Even on my sporty machine’s I rarely hit triple digits. “Only” at the track and in a clean straight away. I do love the twisty roads!

I know you believe that.

But Accuracy is more telling. You'll start Slowing down at 105 up to the max of 112, and start to scream like hell as you are passed by other bikes.

Source: Bennetts UK, We spoke exclusively to Yutaka Nakanishi, Large Project Leader of the 2018 GL1800…

Q: The Gold Wing is limited to 180km/h (112mph) – why is that?

A: "What we wanted to do was not develop a motorcycle that’s achieving high top speeds like 200km/h plus – that’s not a something you’d usually use, so we didn’t want to sacrifice the practical areas for that. We made the design sleeker, which resulted in a slightly smaller radiator – with the current heat management, the bike is capable of running at 200km/h, but if you really want to focus on that top speed you’d probably have to sacrifice other areas, which we thought were more important. We wanted to really maximise the areas in which the motorcycle was designed to be useful."

Here is 3 quotes from someone who is believed by others by what he says! (Can't reveal his name HERE-he's in the witness protection program)

1. You won't feel the bike hit the limit. The way it works now is that it gradually reduces the throttle plate opening as you approach 112, and then just continues to limit them not to allow it to go any faster. So you don't feel any sudden loss of power at all. It just feels like its on cruise control once it hits 112, and won't go any faster.

2. Something must be wrong with either your bike or your speedo. 112mph is the limit on mine, regardless of what mode I'm in, even downhill in full tuck with windshield all the way down. The throttle by wire system limits the throttle plates as you approach the speed, so it just acts like it is on cruise control no matter how far you twist the throttle.

The only way for me to currently make my bike exceed 112mph would be to drop it out of an airplane.

3. Could be that it is higher in Sport Mode, I haven't tested that yet, but I will. In Tour, it won't go over 112 mph.

Yo Lefty.You want to repeat how the Speed limiter kicks in on the Scooter?
              Current bikes.
              1986 GL1200 SEi
              2004 GL1800

The speed limiter is the only thing that I actually hate about this bike. It does start to slow down the rate of speed gain starting at 105 mph when you are wot. However, if you are just short of wot, you can gain to about 110 before you start to feel it limiting the speed. It doesn't work like it is on cruise control if you stay at wide open throttle unless you are riding on level ground. For example, say you are wot and staying at 112 on the level but then you start to go uphill. The bike will then start to lose speed and will drop down to around 90 before full power kicks back in and it starts gaining speed again. I really hate that, in fact I think it could be downright dangerous.

On the Indians it only works in 6th gear. I'm told you could drop to 5th and p/u a few more mphs. No idea if that's the way it works on the Hondas.

The speed limiter is the only thing that I actually hate about this bike. It does start to slow down the rate of speed gain starting at 105 mph when you are wot. However, if you are just short of wot, you can gain to about 110 before you start to feel it limiting the speed. It doesn't work like it is on cruise control if you stay at wide open throttle unless you are riding on level ground. For example, say you are wot and staying at 112 on the level but then you start to go uphill. The bike will then start to lose speed and will drop down to around 90 before full power kicks back in and it starts gaining speed again. I really hate that, in fact I think it could be downright dangerous.
                    My Simple solution would of been to buy a bike instead of a scooter.

My 4 cyl 1200cc's will leave you with your 1800cc's crying. Can ya see my top speed??.

Click image for larger version  Name:	SEI SPec's.JPG Views:	1 Size:	24.3 KB ID:	107970

I'll be in a different county while you are trying to maintain that measly 112.

Far be it from me to point out the obvious.

But I think Honda recreated my SEI. (Only mine has better storage in the Trunk)

Click image for larger version  Name:	P8190031.JPG Views:	2 Size:	349.8 KB ID:	107971

Current bikes.
                    1986 GL1200 SEi
                    2004 GL1800

Has anyone figured out how to bypass the speed limiter

Originally posted by jpwpar View Post
                        NO.

You'll have to buy a real Goldwing if you want to go faster than 112.

************************************************** *******
                        Current bikes.
                        1986 GL1200 SEi
                        2004 GL1800

Originally posted by jpwpar View Post
                          Guhl Performance is the most likely answer to this question.

If you have your ECM re-flashed?

You will void your warranty.

Honda knows about the GL1800 & the reflash.

They built in software that Any Honda dealer can tell if the ECM was tampered with.

If it was? the owner is now on his own. The VIN is Flagged for any future warranty claims.

Good luck with that!.

What I just stated was in the thread Fred started over there. Fred got his feelings hurt and had the Moderators delete the thread.
                            Current bikes.
                            1986 GL1200 SEi
                            2004 GL1800

Originally posted by Rocky View Post
                              If you have your ECM re-flashed?

You will void your warranty.

Honda knows about the GL1800 & the reflash.

They built in software that Any Honda dealer can tell if the ECM was tampered with.

If it was? the owner is now on his own. The VIN is Flagged for any future warranty claims.

Good luck with that!.
                              He didn't ask if it was the smart thing to do he asked if it could be done. I wouldn't do it that's what I have a 2015 K1300S BMW for (rowdy behavior)

Originally posted by dynajohn View Post

He didn't ask if it was the smart thing to do he asked if it could be done. I wouldn't do it that's what I have a 2015 K1300S BMW for (rowdy behavior)
                                So you'd rather I lied to him, and not tell him the truth.
                                And say yeah, go to Gulh and Screw Honda.

I rather him know the consequences of such a move.
                                Yes it can be done-But at a price!.

I chose to tell him the truth,
                                It is better than to have him be ill informed and find out the hard way he was SOL after the fact.

That said. everyone is free to do as they please.

My policy is simple.

I provide correct information, What people decide to do with said information is totally up to them!.
                                Current bikes.
                                1986 GL1200 SEi
                                2004 GL1800

11.95 Quarter Mile on an 18' Goldwing.

Dennis

Seems like we need a little pot stirring to get things livened up!

Get a BFH and beat that wheel back into submission!.

A couple tubes a JBWeld quick set and you'll be good as new.

Don't worry about the wobble.

Traxxion says they all wobble anyways!.

Click image for larger version  Name:	B0EED003-06C7-4CC8-AF6C-B787E44A4597_1533851553480 (2).jpeg Views:	1 Size:	39.8 KB ID:	115182Click image for larger versionName:	bfc03d84a6fa33920c1dc3fa1d9f3daf.jpgViews:	1Size:	123.8 KBID:	115181
                                    Current bikes.
                                    1986 GL1200 SEi
                                    2004 GL1800

I'll bet $500
                                      This guy was the First to the scene of the crash doing 11:95.

Hello "Liberty Mutual" I'd like to file a claim?.
                                      Liberty mutual agent.

Sorry - This isn't going to Buff out.
                                      Get some Flex tape,and "Good luck speedy"

Click image for larger version  Name:	31947724_2096593570369734_9074285724781510656_n.jpg Views:	1 Size:	114.7 KB ID:	115186Click image for larger version  Name:	31945103_2096593553703069_4516349220608802816_n.jpg Views:	1 Size:	111.0 KB ID:	115185Click image for larger version  Name:	31956524_2096593563703068_7290920659582976000_n.jpg Views:	1 Size:	93.4 KB ID:	115184
                                      Current bikes.
                                      1986 GL1200 SEi
                                      2004 GL1800

Originally posted by Rocky View Post
                                        I'll bet $500
                                        This guy was the First to the scene of the crash doing 11:95.

Hello "Liberty Mutual" I'd like to file a claim?.
                                        Liberty mutual agent.

Sorry - This isn't going to Buff out.
                                        Get some Flex tape,and "Good luck speedy"

Click image for larger version Name:	31947724_2096593570369734_9074285724781510656_n.jpg Views:	1 Size:	114.7 KB ID:	115186Click image for larger version Name:	31945103_2096593553703069_4516349220608802816_n.jpg Views:	1 Size:	111.0 KB ID:	115185Click image for larger version Name:	31956524_2096593563703068_7290920659582976000_n.jpg Views:	1 Size:	93.4 KB ID:	115184
                                        Looks like the rider went over the airbag and took out the wind screen. So much for the airbag.
                                        PGR RIDE CAPTAIN.. UTAH

• Rocky
                                          Rocky commented
                                          Editing a comment
                                          I was wondering if anyone would catch that detail?.

Things that make you go Hmmmmm?
                                      Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page