New things learned

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New things learned

Seems there are always new things I did not know about the 2018. A few days back I pushed the start button and had not turned the ignition on. When I pushed the start the ignition turned on and then the second time I pushed it engine started.

If you hold the start button down for a few seconds it will start the bike as well no need for a second push

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

Originally posted by BKWGoldwingDCT View Post
      If you hold the start button down for a few seconds it will start the bike as well no need for a second push
      I just tried this and the ignition cycled, waited for 10 sec or so but it required a second press of the starter to fire.
      Dennis

Originally posted by gug1953 View Post

I just tried this and the ignition cycled, waited for 10 sec or so but it required a second press of the starter to fire.
        Do you have a DCT or Manual mine is DCT since my bike is in storage for the winter I can't try it again until the spring
        also maybe it requires the kickstand to be up as well not sure

Do you have a DCT or Manual mine is DCT since my bike is in storage for the winter I can't try it again until the spring
          also maybe it requires the kickstand to be up as well not sure
          OK here is the trick hold the front break lever while pressing start button until it starts

OK here is the trick hold the front break lever while pressing start button until it starts

Straight from the Honda manual

I have a 6-speed and I just went out and started it by pulling the front brake and holding the start button. It went through its normal cycle then started. I actually like this better being you don't have the lights on long at all. Thanks!
              Dennis

Originally posted by gug1953 View Post

I have a 6-speed and I just went out and started it by pulling the front brake and holding the start button. It went through its normal cycle then started. I actually like this better being you don't have the lights on long at all. Thanks!
                Your welcome glad I could help

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page